Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2019 - 1000 mile challenge - 10 years running

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

I think I have a few months to go :) I'm at about 800+ (will check in my diary and report back). I'll come back when I get to 1,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

Passed it on my long run last Sunday. A couple of weeks later than last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 gaz200

Passed 1000 miles yesterday on an easy run, earlier than any other year.

HelenAnne wrote: »
    I think I have a few months to go :) I'm at about 800+ (will check in my diary and report back). I'll come back when I get to 1,000.

I'm at about 940 now, so see you all here in a week or so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Wottle

1000 miles completed today, 9 days earlier than last year.
    Hopefully get to 2000 by start of December.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭scotindublin

Snuck over the 1000 mile mark somewhere in Chapelizod on the way to the Phoenix Park today. DCM training should hopefully see 2000 miles for the first year ever; interestingly when I was in the Novice group for DCM 16 I barely scrapped over 1000 miles sometime in December that year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Passed 500 miles today. Delighted with myself :D

500 to go.......... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Passed 1,500 towards the end of June and 30k on the clock since I returned to running.

484848.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭curtisbrown

Passed 1000 last week, about 3 months later than the previous few years due to a long series of injuries. One thing I am consistent with however, is not filling out the spread sheet.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Currently way behind where I should be, my lazy gene is just too powerful, and have another 92 miles to go still... But with a couple of short runs this week I'm on schedule to break 1000 miles at some point in the morning of Sunday as I have a 24 hour event kicking off on Saturday.

Barring twisting an ankle in a rabbit hole during the night I should make it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭tbukela

Passed 1,000 miles this evening, about 2 weeks earlier than last year. I've a bit of ground to make up to pass the 2,000 mark, should get it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,414 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

1,000th mile on the Clontarf seafront today. A couple of weeks later than last year, might be a struggle to double up by Dec 31!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Murph_D wrote: »
    1,000th mile on the Clontarf seafront today.

I should have high fived you as I passed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,414 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I should have high fived you as I passed :)

Ha ha - would have been the right mile too!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

robinph wrote: »
    Currently way behind where I should be, my lazy gene is just too powerful, and have another 92 miles to go still... But with a couple of short runs this week I'm on schedule to break 1000 miles at some point in the morning of Sunday as I have a 24 hour event kicking off on Saturday.

Barring twisting an ankle in a rabbit hole during the night I should make it.

Either Strava was lying to me last week, or it's lying to me this week. Not sure which.

I "only" managed to do 80 miles in my 24 hour event over the weekend so thought I'd missed the 1000 mile for the year mark by 8 miles. Now Strava is telling me that I've done 1070 for the year so far and therefore clocked up the 1000 on lap two when I was still actually doing what you'd recognise as being running.

I think I'll go with the bigger number and claim the 1000 miles. :D

Hurray! Passed 1,000 miles about halfway through yesterday's session!

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Sub430

1000 done on 24/07. Took me until mid September last year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Will pass 1000k and last years total (1011) during the R&R half on Sunday.
    If ye see a loud shout that's me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭ReeReeG

Passed 1,000 miles tonight, about a month earlier than last year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

1000 miles done yesterday on an easy lunch time run. Definitely much earlier than last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭coogy

Passed the 1,000 mile mark today, about a month and a half earlier than last year. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,701 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Passed the 1,000 mile mark during the week (as did seemingly half of Strava :)). Four months earlier than last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭eyrie

Seems to be the week for it! 1,000 miles hit today during my easy run. Two weeks later than last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭hillsiderunner

Me too!

Hit the target on today's fartlek run.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Hit this milestone in the past day or two
    First full year of running

• Registered Users Posts: 4,289 ✭✭✭ariana`

I hit 1,000 mile this morning. I thought it was going to be a couple of weeks later than last year but when i checked it was actually the exact same day strangely enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Treviso

Hit the 1000 mile mark for the year on Tuesday. First year running so delighted to hit the milestone. Had a speed session on Tuesday so didn't even realise that I passed the 1000 miles until yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

Hit this milestone in the past day or two
    First full year of running

No kilometres in this thread please! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

My 2000th mile of 2019 was unsurprisingly done while running home from work today.

A 4 day PB! Here's some nice graphs:
    singer-2000-2019.png?raw=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Singer wrote:
    My 2000th mile of 2019 was unsurprisingly done while running home from work today.

Congrats B. What app is that?

Advertisement