Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Acclaimed rappers you don't like

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭BadCompany

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    He just gave his narrow opinion as absolute fact.

Yeah, in any interview I've seen with him he seems to think that everything he says is some sort of profound "truth", tough to watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

I like some of Kanyes music but for the best part he is the biggest d*ckhead that's ever graced hip hop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

A Tribe Called Quest
    Xzibit
    Jurassic 5

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

A Tribe Called Quest
    Xzibit
    Jurassic 5

Whattttttt?

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

baddebt wrote: »
    Drake (if you can actually call him a rapper ).

interesting

• Advertisement

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Whattttttt?

If I never had to hear another TCQ song again I'd be a happy man!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

If I never had to hear another TCQ song again I'd be a happy man!

Why?? Personally one of my favorite groups.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Why?? Personally one of my favorite groups.

You answered your own question, personal taste! I appreciate they are technically proficient rappers who are popular, they're just not my cup of tea! I'm more into the Wu, Nas, Mobb Deep, Lost Boyz, Pro-Era style of New York hip-hop myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

Tyler The Creator. I don't think I've ever heard a song of his that I actually like. I just don't get him at all, I hate all the beats he uses and I'm not a fan of his flow. I can't understand how he has such a huge fan base.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Big L (but 'Ebonics' is a favourite, go figure)
    Drake
    Tyler, The Creator
    Kendrick Lamar
    Lil Wayne
    Lil B
    MC Ride (Death Grips)
    Jay-Z
    De la Soul (I think J5 improved on their formula... :hides: )
    Most Wu-Tang lyrics are abysmally dull/generic bar a few verses, the music saves them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Some surprises on this page. Music really is subjective. I personally don't like Jay-Z for the most part, i could probably make one EP of tunes i like from him from his large catalog of albums, but apart from that he annoys me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Roll deep - may not be acclaimed but are popular and their albums are quite bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭BadCompany

grindle wrote: »
    Big L (but 'Ebonics' is a favourite, go figure)

That's funny, I like Big L a lot and I think Ebonics - while clever - isn't a great song really (another seemingly unpopular opinion). It's not one I'd revisit much at all, and certainly poorer than most songs on 'Lifestylez...' in my opinion!
    Some surprises on this page. Music really is subjective. I personally don't like Jay-Z for the most part, i could probably make one EP of tunes i like from him from his large catalog of albums, but apart from that he annoys me.

Yeah, takes all sorts I guess! I like a lot of Jay Z's stuff, and as far as the number of high quality albums any rap artist has put out, I think he's up there - though my hip-hop knowledge would probably be second to most on this forum! On the other hand, I'd have a similar feeling towards 2Pac, could probably whittle his whole career down to 8 or 10 songs that I get a kick out of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I can't warm to Kendrick. His delivery feels very inauthentic at times, particularly the "I'm angry my parents don't understand me" Eminem flow. He's not bad, just not for me.

Kanye I can take in small doses but I don't enjoy very much either.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

masti123 wrote: »
    I dislike all mainstream rappers

!!! most pretentious post ever?

Advertisement