Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2019 - Round 10 Silverstone

• 07-07-2019 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭Harika

Early thread as we are all busy and hyped up after Austria

Live on Sky and Channel 4

Channel 4 F1
    Sessions
    12/07 – 10:00 to 11:30 – Practice 1
    12/07 – 14:00 to 15:30 – Practice 2
    13/07 – 11:00 to 12:00 – Practice 3
    13/07 – 13:00 to 14:00 – Qualifying
    14/07 – 14:10 to 16:10 – Race

Weather Forecast: https://www.bbc.com/weather/2637827

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭Joeface

It's the hope that kills you.

Here's hoping for a quality race

I assume someone has made a bingo-card of phrases we'll hear this weekend. "Home of F1", "nowhere else like Silverstone" etc. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,610 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Stuck on the auld Netflix and saw Dave Letterman's interview with Lewis. Kinda a good watch. Good to see Lewis relaxed and not all corporate.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,873 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Heading to the race this weekend. Cant wait. One of the lads ordered a crate of Rich Energy to keep us going.

Does anyone know if they take cards at Silverstone? In the event village and at the track. Or should we bring cash? I'd prefer to use cards if possible but don't want to be caught out without money.

Alpha are the only ones that have said they are bringing an update package to Silverstone.

Williams did run 2 different Aero packs on Russell and Kubica car in Austria , so I assume given the difference between the 2 cars showed it was a step in the right direction and both will use the same at Silverstone.

I suppose we are back to normal altitude so Merc's will be back on form . Not sure what car this track suits it would be good if Honda can stay in the mix . It would be better if Mclaren could just about touch that pace as well as they have made good steps forward this year.

• Advertisement

I assume someone has made a bingo-card of phrases we'll hear this weekend. "Home of F1", "nowhere else like Silverstone" etc. :pac:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzvMKDynApq/?igshid=lqza3e4k4xt1

And so it begins...

https://www.007.com/007-and-aston-martin-red-bull-racing-team-up/

That's some coincidence that the 1,007 race lands on the British Grand Prix.

AY7I4050_Gallery-640x441.jpg

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Wouldve been better if they were still Aston Martin! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,752 ✭✭✭✭flazio

antodeco wrote: »
    Wouldve been better if they were still Aston Martin! :D

It's Aston Martin that's putting the 007 logo there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

• Advertisement

Possible rain on Saturday between 1pm and 3pm, but that's just a Google weather forecast. Let's look forward to something interesting on track.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Heading to the race this weekend. Cant wait. One of the lads ordered a crate of Rich Energy to keep us going.

Does anyone know if they take cards at Silverstone? In the event village and at the track. Or should we bring cash? I'd prefer to use cards if possible but don't want to be caught out without money.

I went to Silverstone in 2011. One of the best weekends of my life. Camped at the track for it....In the quiet/family camp site of course :)

Pretty sure everywhere takes card now so you will be grand.

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Watching FP3 and Romain Grojean just spun his car coming out of the pits and broke his front wing so there is a VSC at the moment.

Just heard that the pit man that is supposed to give Lewis the thumbs up to go out had a tumble into the pit lane and had to jump up before Lewis drove over him. Did not see it on the TV but they then seemingly had to push him back and let him go again. Imagine if that happened in a race I would Lewis or any driver would be annoyed about it as long was no one was hurt of course.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    Watching FP3 and Romain Grojean just spun his car coming out of the pits and broke his front wing so there is a VSC at the moment.

Just heard that the pit man that is supposed to give Lewis the thumbs up to go out had a tumble into the pit lane and had to jump up before Lewis drove over him. Did not see it on the TV but they then seemingly had to push him back and let him go again. Imagine if that happened in a race I would Lewis or any driver would be annoyed about it as long was no one was hurt of course.

FP3?

Ms

flazio wrote: »
    FP3?

FP1 lol not 3. The Session just red flagged now Kimi's car just came to a halt at a dangerous spot on the track.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Sorry, I posted in the Austrian thread inadvertently. Good to have it live on C4. I'd expect the Merc are holding back as usual. But good to see Gasly making a decent effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,606 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

astrofluff wrote: »
    Sorry, I posted in the Austrian thread inadvertently. Good to have it live on C4. I'd expect the Merc are holding back as usual. But good to see Gasly making a decent effort.

First time Gasly topped a timesheet in F1 I guess, he needs every positive he can get right now to save his career.

He is not using his setups any more according to RedBull , he has to us Max's and only slight adjustments allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,978 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Lewis complaining about Wimbledon and Cricket World cup final all on same day.

So Lewis, go home.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

How long ago did Silverstone had rain during the Grand Prix race? It must have been a long time ago since we had rain on it because Seb won the last year when the incident between Lewis & Kimi had happened just after the start of the race. Now with the possible prospect of rain & gusty winds coming in for this weekend; how interesting does that make this year's race? Driving through Turn 2 is really making life really tough for the drivers out there to date. I think that will have an effect on both the qualifying & the race for all of the drivers this weekend who don't keep their wits about them.

Eddie Jordan has just joined the commentary box with Ben Edwards & Tony Dudgen on C4.

• Advertisement
    Ms

How long ago did Silverstone had rain during the Grand Prix race? It must have been a long time ago since we had rain on it because Seb won the last year when the incident between Lewis & Kimi had happened just after the start of the race. Now with the possible prospect of rain & gusty winds coming in for this weekend; how interesting does that make this year's race? Driving through Turn 2 is really making life really tough for the drivers out there to date. I think that will have an effect on both the qualifying & the race for all of the drivers this weekend who don't keep their wits about them.

Eddie Jordan has just joined the commentary box with Ben Edwards & Tony Dudgen on C4.

I don't think its that long but I remember a very mixed weekend where the Williams were doing quite good they got 3rd and 4th I think behind the Mercs and then got ahead of them until the rain came and they made a bad strategy decision. Really should have won it that weekend was it 2015 or there about's.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

I just saw Grosjean's spin exiting the pitlane. Just another reason not to keep him really, decent pace from time to time but infuriatingly inconsistent and makes too many mistakes.

rWg1d7K.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

skipper_G wrote: »
    I just saw Grosjean's spin exiting the pitlane. Just another reason not to keep him really, decent pace from time to time but infuriatingly inconsistent and makes too many mistakes.

rWg1d7K.jpg

Mistake by driver or car fault?

Adamocovic wrote: »

Mistake by driver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Nic_Col

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Lewis complaining about Wimbledon and Cricket World cup final all on same day.

So Lewis, go home.

Christ.... the Hamilton toxicity strikes once more.

It's perfectly reasonable to question the scheduling of three major sporting events on the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,938 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Could also be car related. It'd feel very different for Grosjean as they have stripped it completely right all the way back to its Australia settings as they try to figure out what is wrong with their car this year.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Could also be car related. It'd feel very different for Grosjean as they have stripped it completely right all the way back to its Australia settings as they try to figure out what is wrong with their car this year.

He openly admitted it was driver error. He just ran out of talent on cold tyres

• Registered Users Posts: 22,938 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

skipper_G wrote: »
    He openly admitted it was driver error. He just ran out of talent on cold tyres

Obviously most blame would be his but just mentioning the car issues himeslf and Haas are suffering.

One criticism I have for Silverstone is the position of the podium, hidden away in the corner.
    There's loads of grass space between the track and the garages, they should build a Monza style elevated podium closer to the track.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭christy c

Adamocovic wrote: »

Mistake by Ericsson

Advertisement