Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Throwback Thursday

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

clunked wrote: »
    My memory would tell me that the 15 group of routes ran from Fleet Street so the parking of DF 540 had more to do with the crew having their break in North Earl Street

Speaking of Fleet St I have a memory of getting the 78/79 from Fleet St in the late 80s. That is Fleet St at the Temple Bar side. Is that a false memory or is there any pictorial evidence of it at all?

Also, great work with this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Csalem

Speaking of Fleet St I have a memory of getting the 78/79 from Fleet St in the late 80s. That is Fleet St at the Temple Bar side. Is that a false memory or is there any pictorial evidence of it at all?

Also, great work with this thread.

Not my photo,but here is a shot of a bus at the 78 terminus on Fleet Street in 1984: https://flic.kr/p/nzy72V

Amazing to look at that as it's hard to believe buses terminated there when you see it today. Thank you.

A jaunt back thirty years this week to 1988. D 502 is seen on O'Connell Street with a 3 from Larkhill to Sandymount. The bus had been delivered new to Ringsend in April 1973 where it spent the rest of its career until withdrawn in 1990.
    The route has had a varied career over its life.Operated by Ringsend Garage until 1994 when Donnybrook took over, the route returned to Ringsend in 2006. In 2012 Network Direct abolished the route, but the new route 1 covered most of the old 3. The 1 terminated in Santry on the northside instead of Larkhill.
    The bus is still in CIE branding even though Dublin Bus had been created a year before. 29/03/1988

40204909345_9b161a216f_c.jpgThrowback Thursday (116) by Cathal O'Brien, on Flickr

It's 1997 and RA 274 is seen parked on Marlborough Street. The bus is on route 32B. This operated between the City Centre and Baldoyle/Portmarnock going via Abbey Park. In 2012 the route was removed from the network through Network Direct and Abbey Park lost its bus service. Passengers had to use an extended 29A to Baldoyle instead.
    The bus had been delivered in 1996 and is in CitySwift livery. The 32B however was not one of Clontarf's CitySwift routes. The bus was withdrawn around 2007 and went on to continue its career in the UK. It was still active until at least 2016.
    This location on Marlborough Street is now a tram stop on Luas Cross City. 05/04/1997

39450089900_5ae239b4c8_c.jpgThrowback Thursday (117) by Cathal O'Brien, on Flickr

• Advertisement

It is 1998 and RA 280 is seen on Burgh Quay. The bus is dressed for the 44B but more likely on the 44C. The destination shows Ballyogan and that is where the 44C went to. It was effectively a short working of the 44. In contrast the 44B went to Glencullen and not a route that can take double-decker buses all the way.
    One thing that can be said for certain is that neither bus route was a CitySwift one. The main CitySwift example operated by Donnybrook Garage was the 46A, which was a very frequent route. By 1998 though the CitySwift brand had become diluted as some branded routes did not match the standards set by earlier routes. Furthermore CitySwift buses started straying onto non-CitySwift routes. Dublin Bus responded by adding branding for the key corridors. "Stillorgan Flyer" was the name given to the 46A route. The branding did not restore the damage done to the CitySwift brand and within a few years both were gone.
    The bus was delivered new to Dublin Bus in 1996. Most RAs were withdrawn by 2008. Burgh Quay is no longer a Dublin Bus terminus but rather used by long-distance private operator coaches. 11/04/1998

40699994734_2f9e80a900_c.jpgThrowback Thursday (118) by Cathal O'Brien, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭Rawr

Csalem wrote: »
    It is 1998 and RA 280 is seen on Burgh Quay. The bus is dressed for the 44B but more likely on the 44C. The destination shows Ballyogan and that is where the 44C went to. It was effectively a short working of the 44. In contrast the 44B went to Glencullen and not a route that can take double-decker buses all the way.
    One thing that can be said for certain is that neither bus route was a CitySwift one. The main CitySwift example operated by Donnybrook Garage was the 46A, which was a very frequent route. By 1998 though the CitySwift brand had become diluted as some branded routes did not match the standards set by earlier routes. Furthermore CitySwift buses started straying onto non-CitySwift routes. Dublin Bus responded by adding branding for the key corridors. "Stillorgan Flyer" was the name given to the 46A route. The branding did not restore the damage done to the CitySwift brand and within a few years both were gone.
    The bus was delivered new to Dublin Bus in 1996. Most RAs were withdrawn by 2008. Burgh Quay is no longer a Dublin Bus terminus but rather used by long-distance private operator coaches. 11/04/1998

I remember back in the City Swift days that my own non-CitySwift route (66B) would fairly often get "CitySwift" branded busses, and then in a late 90's we'd also get busses with the "25A Flyer" name on that same route (For ages I kept reading it as the "Zsa Flyer" while wondering what the hell a "Zsa" was.. :D )

I kind of learned back then that it was always going to be a practical challenge to match a special bus livery with a particular route. I guess Dublin Bus learned that eventually too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

How is Csalem not a mod of this place?

^ Thanks but am happy just sharing my photos here. :)

It is 1998 and RH 137 is seen on Eden Quay. It is loading up prior to departing for Ardlea Road on the 20B. This route was once part of an extended 20 family, but it ended up being the longest surviving one. Under Network Direct the route became part of an extended cross-city route 14. This connects Beaumont with Dundrum. The 20B was mostly a northside route, serving Fairview, Donnycarney and Beaumont. However, certain peak workings crossed the Liffey and served St. Stephen's Green.
    RH 137 was new in 1992 and had been delivered in the two-tone green livery. The bus stop beside is green, but the bus has been repainted into the new core livery. The last bus arrived in the green livery in 1997. After the bus ended its career it was sold to Dualways and became an open-top tour bus. 18/04/1998

41565343141_9fa399abf1_c.jpgThrowback Thursday (119) by Cathal O'Brien, on Flickr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Just out of interest if anyone knows.

Is there a reason that they kept the 14 over the 20B?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

TallGlass wrote: »
    Just out of interest if anyone knows.

Is there a reason that they kept the 14 over the 20B?

Probably because of dundrum. the familiar link for the shopping center etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

liger wrote: »
    Probably because of dundrum. the familiar link for the shopping center etc.

Also the 14 doesn't have an alpha suffix so it's tidier looking than 20b. They could have gone for just 20 but not very many people would be familiar with that number. You could also say the same about why didn't the 27 get left as the 77 with a northside extension or why wasn't the 40 numbered the 78a.

It's 2008, AV 330 is based at Donnybrook Garage and is operating the 45. This route connected the City Centre to Bray, and for many years was the main bus route to that Wicklow town. When the DART arrived in the 1980s, the railway provided a much quicker journey to the city. The 45 kept going though. It had two termini in Bray, one at Oldcourt and the other on the seafront. This latter one was helpfully referred to as "Esplanade" on the destination displays. The route reached Bray by going via Blackrock and Cabinteely. It was supplemented by route 45A from Dun Laoghaire to Bray. In the early-2000s Dublin Bus introduced the more direct route 145 which used the Stillorgan Road QBC. The 45 became less busy and attempts were made to cut it back from the City Centre by terminating in Ballsbridge. This was unpopular and the route was restored to Merrion Square. However Network Direct saw the end of the route in 2012.
    AV 330 is no longer in service with Dublin Bus. D'Olier Sreet 26/04/08

41681688992_c2fa4d1dd1_b.jpgThrowback Thursday (120) by Cathal O'Brien, on Flickr

It's the year 2000 and the days of the Bombardier KDs are coming to an end. 365 KDs were built between 1980 and 1983, with most of them based in Dublin. The fleet was fully withdrawn from public service by December 2000, with a farewell run taking place in January 2001. The year 2000 was also the year Dublin Bus received their first delivery of low-floor double-decker buses. The AVs and AXs were delivered consistently over a number of years with the last of the 648 buses arriving in 2006. In 2012 the last step-entrance bus was withdrawn by Dublin Bus.
    KD 145 is seen at Heuston Station with a 91 to the City Centre. the 90 was the main route connecting Connolly and Heuston stations but the 91 was used to supplement this service when needed. The area beside the bus underwent a great change when the Luas Red Line was built. This resulted in the tram connecting the two stations. The 90 went from an all-day service to morning peak only, and the 91 was eventually removed from the network. 03/05/2000

27003076457_ef709369f5_c.jpgThrowback Thursday (121) by Cathal O'Brien, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭...__...

Hi guys just wanted to pop something in here in.
    My dad started in Inchicore in 1967 and moved to Vanhool in the 70s back to the works when it all fell apart till his retirement circa 8 years ago.

I love showing him those pics of the df's and d's he was a master coach builder and its something that passed through to me I hope in the future I can get my hands on something from the place we can never speak of and have a father and son moment.
    I remember being 10 reading all the vanhool manuals the first thought that went through my head was someone had to type that lol!

Csalem Id like to thank you on behalf of my dad for giving him those memories you only get with some pics like the 78 in fleet st or the 3 in Whitehall (that was the first atlantean I remember with the bell on the string)

So from me if I ever pass by Pearse st and see a man with a camera I'll gladly bring you in to a bar and buy you a cold one.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭Rawr

...__... wrote: »

So from me if I ever pass by Pearse st and see a man with a camera I'll gladly bring you in to a bar and buy you a cold one.

Thanks

So you're saying that....if I stand outside Heuston for a while with a camera, I might get a free drink?

"Csalem? Yea...that's me!"

:D

(Alternatively you might end up with 15 different Boardsies doing the same as me....ending with a sort of "I am Spartacus" moment.)

...__... wrote: »
    Hi guys just wanted to pop something in here in.
    My dad started in Inchicore in 1967 and moved to Vanhool in the 70s back to the works when it all fell apart till his retirement circa 8 years ago.

I love showing him those pics of the df's and d's he was a master coach builder and its something that passed through to me I hope in the future I can get my hands on something from the place we can never speak of and have a father and son moment.
    I remember being 10 reading all the vanhool manuals the first thought that went through my head was someone had to type that lol!

Csalem Id like to thank you on behalf of my dad for giving him those memories you only get with some pics like the 78 in fleet st or the 3 in Whitehall (that was the first atlantean I remember with the bell on the string)

Thanks

Thanks for that. I am just happy to share my pictures with people. Most of the old ones were taken by my father.

Thanks for that. I am just happy to share my pictures with people. Most of the old ones were taken by my father.

I was thinking you were doing well to be so sprightly still. :)

The whole archive ios a credit and to my mind is seriously important record of the oft unphotographed parts of Dublin (old suburbs etc) even before we get to the buses.

Definitely my favourite thread on boards.

I was thinking you were doing well to be so sprightly still. :)

The whole archive ios a credit and to my mind is seriously important record of the oft unphotographed parts of Dublin (old suburbs etc) even before we get to the buses.

Definitely my favourite thread on boards.

Thanks. One thing I like to do is recreate one of his shots from the past, like I did here for the 61 when I did it for my Off The Beaten Track website.

9531833202_7c9a25e665_c.jpgOTBT: Route 61 (1) by Cathal O'Brien, on Flickr

9529054303_d62cf96de3_c.jpgOTBT: Route 61 (2) by Cathal O'Brien, on Flickr

A lot has changed in the thirty-five years since this photograph was taken. D 172 is seen parked at the 83 terminus on College Street. The bus was delivered new to Ringsend Garage in 1968. It was withdrawn in August 1983 and sold for scrap in 1984.
    The 83 was a route that was in decline throughout the 1980s. In an attempt to revive its fortunes in the early 1990s it was the first route converted to City Imp. The double decker buses were replaced by minibuses which operated at frequent intervals. The strategy was a success and by the early 2000s double deck buses were back on the route. It was also extended across the city, operating from Kimmage to Harristown.
    In December 2016 this location on College Street became the Trinity stop on the Luas Green Line. This tram route connects Broombridge with Brides Glen. 10/05/1983

40217933200_b4a85a157a_c.jpgThrowback Thursday (122) by Cathal O'Brien, on Flickr

• Advertisement

It is 1985 and D 755 is seen on Eden Quay. The bus is on route 6 to Blackrock via Ballsbridge. The bus was nearly 10 years old at this point, having been delivered new in 1975. It lasted in service until 1994, ending its days with Dublin Bus.
    Although the destination shows Blackrock, the route actually terminated near Abbey Park in Monkstown at a place referred to in the timetable as "New Link Road" although the actual road was unnamed at this time. The 6 in some ways served as a short working of the 7 and the 8 which went further south to Dun Laoghaire and Dalkey. There was also a 6A for a time which served Blackrock and Sandyford Industrial Estate. The last 6 ran in 1989.
    The bus is in an all-over ad for Bailieboro Co-Op.
    18/05/1985

41275827745_5cb303f917_c.jpgThrowback Thursday (123) by Cathal O'Brien, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

The 6/6A were also duplicated with the 114 being introduced from 1987 onwards as a DART Feeder route until the last 6 ran in 1989. Thinking about it for a minute; you had a maximum of 4 bus routes going up the exact same route all along Carysfort Avenue up to Newtown Park & Sandyford Industrial Estate. The 17 would also be included as it went along a short stretch of Carysfort Avenue all the way up to Convent Road or the old Carysfort College from when the 17 began in the early 1970's and continued on using that stretch for over 20 years.

Then you had all the other bus routes like the 7, 7A, 8, 45 & 113 all piling in top of them near Frascati Road or the main street of Blackrock. It was a crazy period for using buses in an area like Blackrock at that time before I was born in 1990.

I will give you a snapshot of the bus route numbers between then & now to see the difference in how they evolved over time.

Past route numbers from CIE Dublin City Services - 5, 6, 6A, 7, 7A, 8, 17, 45.

Past route number up with Dublin Bus until Network Direct - 5, 7, 7A, 7X, 8, 17, 45, 46E, 113, 114 & 115.

Present route numbers before BusConnects project- 4, 7, 7A, 7N, 17, 46E, 84, 84A, 84N, 114.

Now after BusConnects in 2019 you could get this scenario.

Go-Ahead Dublin (Blackrock) - 17, 114.

Dublin Bus - ????? -

The remaining routes that stay with Dublin Bus for now could face a lot of changes from the public in how they run their services with BusConnects. All of these changes alike what is happening with the other routes in the GDA will be told from results from the public consultation & redesign of the network. In an area like Blackrock for example; the public have to face changing 3 Cross City routes, 2 Nitelink routes, 1 peak route, 2 social/work/school/college routes to Bray & Newcastle. 2 of the routes with Go-Ahead Dublin could be changed too under this consultation unless their routes & timetables are fully changed from the NTA.

Whatever way that this public consultation is going to how to pan out with all of the results revealed from the NTA or Jarett Walker etc. The results of this initiative could leave a marked change from the public in how these bus services fully operate across Dublin by linking with other transport networks in the capital. BusConnects could be described as an exciting project for certain people of this persuasion or an complex project for others to consider in their daily lives. What is well highlighted here on boards is that people would want a marked change in how these services are run for a new generation living in a city like Dublin.

But could that experience extend to other areas of society living in the capital? Who knows until the final results are published on the day itself?

Whenever the consultation with the public starts by possibly next month & finishes at the end of the year; the amount of information that is going to be processed about changing the bus network itself until all of it's feedback has been fully collected will be incredible for the organisations to assess & collate it. This type of information is the critical part of this consultation otherwise known as the hard data in how the bus service in Dublin is meant to be changed to run under it's new network. Vast swathes of the public will be going to various public meetings all over Dublin to talk about this particular project by giving critical information to the NTA in how they want their public bus service to be changed. Nobody in the city in this day & age should ever take this project as a joke. This consultation going to have a possible running time of six months which is a hugely complex & time consuming process for everyone to go through for any walk of life. For any person with a sensible brain in their head; this is very serious work to get through with a possibly a huge positive outcome at the end of it.

There will be a huge amount of relief when the NTA considers this as a great success once it's implemented. If that happens among everyone else; I will be a happy man to go through it. Then there is another possible scenario as a "what happens next?" if the project completely fails to change anything about the bus network in Dublin. I cannot predict what is going to happen next about the project if it becomes a success or failure. All I want to see for now if this project will get through it's initial hurdles of the getting the actual hard data actually collected from the public & presented in a huge series of reports for us to read through. BusConnects could be brilliant or a failure when the pre-implementation is over. I cannot wait until it's over. It's going to be incredible when it's all done & dusted.

It is 1996 and RA 176 is showing off its European patriotism. During the second-half of the year Ireland hosted the Presidency of the European Union. This was the fifth time the country had done this since it joined the EU in 1973. With the increase in size of the EU (despite Brexit) Ireland has only hosted the presidency twice since then, and the next time will be in 2026. The bus received this special all-over livery to mark the occasion.
    RA 176 was the first member of the RA class, following on from the broadly similar RH class. While the RHs were Leyland Olympians, the RAs started the Volvo Olympian era, although were Cummins powered. The RAs ranged from 176 to 325, with the first RV starting at 326. In total 640 Olympians were delivered to Dublin Bus. The last Olympian was withdrawn in 2012, the last RA in 2008 and RA 176 in 2007. Some continued on in the Driver School and City Tours but as of 2018 all are withdrawn by Dublin Bus.
    The 45 has appeared recently on Throwback Thursday. It connected the City Centre with Bray, terminating on the southern part of that town in Oldcourt. Like the bus, the route is no longer active in Dublin Bus, but the 45A keeps the legacy going. Nassau Street, 24/05/1996

28455957298_0acac1d42d_c.jpgThrowback Thursday (124) by Cathal O'Brien, on Flickr

It is 1992 and RH 64 is seen parked between duties on Marlborough Street. The bus had been delivered new to Dublin Bus in 1991 and entered service at Clontarf Garage. It is in an all-over ad for Harp Lager. It is worth noting that at this point in time these ads were hand-painted onto the buses. This is unlike the situation in 2018 where ads are applied on vinyl wraps. In some ways these buses were mobile works of art. As a result the ads lasted longer on the buses than they do now. This one had a lifespan of about a year and was also applied to buses from other garages.
    The 32B was part of the 32 group of routes that served Baldoyle/Portmarnock/Malahide. The 32B ran to Abbey Park in Sutton. This routing was later absorbed into the 32 services to Portmarnock. Network Direct removed Abbey Park (and the 32B) from the Dublin Bus network in November 2012, with just the 32 surviving and terminating at Malahide. Residents in Abbey Park had to walk to the main road to get a new extended 29A.
    This layover on Marlborough Street became the Marlborough tram stop on the Luas Green Line in December 2017.
    30/05/1992

41757979824_d30c0aeffb_c.jpgThrowback Thursday (125) by Cathal O'Brien, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

It is 1992 and RH 64 is seen parked between duties on Marlborough Street. The bus had been delivered new to Dublin Bus in 1991 and entered service at Clontarf Garage. It is in an all-over ad for Harp Lager. It is worth noting that at this point in time these ads were hand-painted onto the buses. This is unlike the situation in 2018 where ads are applied on vinyl wraps. In some ways these buses were mobile works of art. As a result the ads lasted longer on the buses than they do now. This one had a lifespan of about a year and was also applied to buses from other garages.
    The 32B was part of the 32 group of routes that served Baldoyle/Portmarnock/Malahide. The 32B ran to Abbey Park in Sutton. This routing was later absorbed into the 32 services to Portmarnock. Network Direct removed Abbey Park (and the 32B) from the Dublin Bus network in November 2012, with just the 32 surviving and terminating at Malahide. Residents in Abbey Park had to walk to the main road to get a new extended 29A.
    This layover on Marlborough Street became the Marlborough tram stop on the Luas Green Line in December 2017.
    30/05/1992

41757979824_d30c0aeffb_c.jpgThrowback Thursday (125) by Cathal O'Brien, on Flickr

I thought some were "wrapped", I remember seeing an RH in the early 90s being peeled in Donnybrook. Also pretty sure I have a photo from the early 90s of one with a torn off corner from a rear advertising. I think they faded terribly especially after a wash - either that or my memories are faded.

Perhaps an adverts thread is appropriate.

Question, which adverts have made it accross different classes? For example the Coca Cola all over advertisement was on RHs and KDs (possibly at different times).

Great photos BTW.

^ I think this was about the time the wraps started to appear but I believe the Harp ads were hand-painted on all of the RHs.

Coca Cola ads have appeared on D, KD, RH, AV and AX:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/60501971@N08/albums/72157645184751658

If you include outside of Dublin then a KR can also be added to the mix.

It is 1988 and a certain bus route only has five months to go. D 476 is seen on Burgh Quay. It is displaying route 54 to Cherryfield Drive, via Connolly Station. This route was a cross-city route that connected Donnycarney/Killester on the northside with Harold's Cross and Walkinstown on the southside. The route was operated out of Summerhill Garage, and ran in conjunction with the 54A. The latter route was cut back from the northside in 1988 and in November 1988 the 54 was cut back from the northside. While the 54A continues on today, the remaining 54 did not make it out of the 1990s. The 54A is also now operated by Donnybrook Garage.
    D 476 had a similar fate as it was delivered new to Summerhill in 1972 and withdrawn in 1990. The bus is gone, the route is gone but McDonald's is still with us. 08/06/1988

40845790340_2aab5808f8_c.jpgThrowback Thursday (126) by Cathal O'Brien, on Flickr

It is 1988 and a certain bus route only has five months to go. D 476 is seen on Burgh Quay. It is displaying route 54 to Cherryfield Drive, via Connolly Station. This route was a cross-city route that connected Donnycarney/Killester on the northside with Harold's Cross and Walkinstown on the southside. The route was operated out of Summerhill Garage, and ran in conjunction with the 54A. The latter route was cut back from the northside in 1988 and in November 1988 the 54 was cut back from the northside. While the 54A continues on today, the remaining 54 did not make it out of the 1990s. The 54A is also now operated by Donnybrook Garage.
    D 476 had a similar fate as it was delivered new to Summerhill in 1972 and withdrawn in 1990. The bus is gone, the route is gone but McDonald's is still with us. 08/06/1988

40845790340_2aab5808f8_c.jpgThrowback Thursday (126) by Cathal O'Brien, on Flickr

...and the amusement place is still there...

A short hop back this week to 2014, but an important one. DM 1 is seen on South Great George's Street with a 9 to Charlestown. The bus is a Wrights Gemini 3 with a B5TL engine and was on loan to Dublin Bus as a demonstrator. It had entered service just two days previously and stayed for six months. The bus was used to evaluate its fuel saving abilities, through its lighter weight. At the same time Dublin Bus received a second demonstrator, DM 2, which was an electric hybrid. I think it is safe to say DM 1 was a successful trial as Dublin Bus have received Gemini 3's every year since 2014, and by the end of 2018 will have a fleet of over 400 SGs (their fleet designation). The Dublin Bus version do not have the side glass panels on the staircase like DM 1.
    After its time with Dublin Bus, DM 1 returned to the UK and is currently in service with East Yorkshire, registration BX14 SYT. 14/06/2014
    41901265855_178f70c624_c.jpgThrowback Thursday (127) by Cathal O'Brien, on Flickr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

Csalem wrote:
    Not my photo,but here is a shot of a bus at the 78 terminus on Fleet Street in 1984:

Amazing to look at that as it's hard to believe buses terminated there when you see it today. Thank you.

Yeah I remember it.

When I used to go to tallaght on the bus in the early 90s (I think) the dolphins barn buses went from Aston quay with the 78s, (not sure about 79) 51s and the 68s and 69s running from the back of Aston quay. Literally where Tesco express is now.

When the 78a switched to cityswift that moved out to Aston quay and it was not long later that we saw the major reschuffle, with the 50s 77s etc moving to Eden quay , the temple bar buses moving out to Aston quay and the introduction of the new 150 imp minibus running from there in temple bar.

Mad also to think that the other side of temple bar was the 46A terminus.

Advertisement