Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Some of the UI looks a bit rough for a 2018 release but I've been waiting for this game for a while. Not enough non fantasy medieval games made.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ERG89 wrote: »

Some of the UI looks a bit rough for a 2018 release but I've been waiting for this game for a while. Not enough non fantasy medieval games made.

Looking forward too that.

Nearing the end in uncharted 4, I like the game a lot, the whole pirate thing and
    libertalia is really cool and interesting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yakuza x Fist of the North Star game is coming out.

My only question is how come it took so long for this to happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,437 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Yakuza x Fist of the North Star game is coming out.

My only question is how come it took so long for this to happen?

Yakuza devs being kept busy! In the west alone, Yakuza 0 at the start of the year, Y: Kiwami 1 next week, Y: 6 early next year and Y: Kiwami 2 I'm guessing late next year. Then an announcement of a new hero for the Yakuza franchise as well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just finished uncharted 4, great game, didn't feel too long Imo, ch 13 for me though was when things got interesting, really loved libertalia and how it was designed in the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Enjoyed that game too. Only discordant parts were when his wife was in it. Know the actress from Haven so it jarred with me hearing her whiney voice...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'll be playing Uncharted 4 for the first time as soon as I finish the single player campaigns in Splatoon 2 and Infinite Warfare, looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,085 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Rumours of a Game of Thrones game by Bethesda due to this placeholder on an American shopping site...

https://intl.target.com/c/game-of-thrones/bethesda/-/N-559pjZ55t8g

Anyone but Bethesda, please. Anyone.

Side quests will be collect 5 milk of the poppy plants. Collect 5 shadowcat pelts, collect 10 Nightshade etc.

And like Skyrim, you'll be master and king/queen of everything. Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, First Sword of Braavos, Archmaester of the Citadel and King/Queen of the seven Kingdoms.

And their trademark, 1000 characters with 4 voice actors to voice them all with one celebrity to do an important role.

As cool as an open world Westeros game would be, I would have zero excitement for it. **** Bethesda for the shyte that was Fallout 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,765 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Didn't take long for a near spat between two people! The joys of a general thread!

Anyway, i'm close to a rut again. I was massively in one after The Witcher 3, but i filled the void with the extremely underrated Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. Amazing game imo, had all the right ingredients! Tied me over for a while. Then, i had a slew of games that just didn't click, like Dishonored 2, Deus Ex: MD, The Last Guardian, Dead Rising 4, Far Cry: Primal, Far Cry 4, Homefront: The Revolution, all big games that i thought i normally would be stuck into. Dishonored bored me. Deus Ex didn't hold me like HR, The Last Guardian was missing something to keep me interested, Dead Rising 4 was (like the previous one) broken and unplayable (imo), Homefront had a good idea but it didn't click, Far Cry Primal was very interesting at first but got boring very quickly, Far Cry 4 just felt like 3 with a new map and characters and also bored me...

Then, i got Horizon: Zero Dawn, and it immediately brought me back to my 15 year old self with giddy excitement which i hadn't seen in nearly 2 years! I don't have a single negative point about this game, not a one! Amazing from start to finish! Only shame was there was nothing to do once you Platinum it.

Next up, i was left extremely disappointed by Mass Effect: Andromeda, most highlighted issues aside, it wasn't engaging enough for me. Nothing like the original trilogy. Then i got Nier: Automata, which was refreshing, but i got bored during playthrough 2, and haven't gone back to it.

However, currently playing back through Dying Light: The Following Enhanced Edition, which is brilliant, as i've never played abything beyond the original story, and i'm close to finishing the main story again, so that to look forward to. Also can't wait on Need for Speed: Payback, which i'm hoping is going to be like Burnout 2: Revenge! And i've a PS4 Pro now, so i've HZD to look forward to again, and i'll eventually pick up TLOU again, as i never played it on the 4.

Still, slogging away online at CoD: IW and NBA2k16 career mode!

• Advertisement

20 second survey, as found by ironictoaster, asks for your interest in seeing a western release of Yakuza Kiwami 2, Fist of the North Store and an online Yakuza game for mobile/PC.

http://yakuza.sega.com/RGGStudioAnnouncementSurvey/

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I have a day off, misses at work, kid at nanas and there is no electricity until 5 in the evening. This sucks and blows at the same time.
    Played a bit factorio on laptop, but battery will die soon. Have fully charged 3ds... Give monster hunter X another chance or finally try to finish fire emblem birthright.
    I have to admit I really burned out with fire emblem after playing a lot of mobile version of it. Still good game, but just could not be arsed... So yeah, first world problems.

• Didn't take long for a near spat between two people! The joys of a general thread!

Anyway, i'm close to a rut again. I was massively in one after The Witcher 3, but i filled the void with the extremely underrated Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. Amazing game imo, had all the right ingredients! Tied me over for a while.

Massive shame they folded, loved Kingdoms of Amalur and it was the right kind of difficulty on hardest setting I actually got it on release to pass the time until mass effect 3 was released.

• Zero-Cool wrote: »
    As cool as an open world Westeros game would be, I would have zero excitement for it. **** Bethesda for the shyte that was Fallout 4.

Man, f*ck Fallout 4.

I was so excited for it. In both 3 & NV I sank in maybe 100+ hours into each. With FO4, I put in maybe... however long the main story was... and that was really about it.

The map was bigger, sure, but that's about it. I'm actually playing NV - about 10 hours in, but I'm already thoroughly enjoying the Karma system once more, the siding with the different groups (and it mattering at all to the total story), and everything else.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/08/29/my-life-in-the-mafia-the-open-world-action-series-art-director-looks-back-at-15-years-of-crime/

A look back at the Mafia franchise from the Art Director. Would love a remaster of Mafia 1 as Mafia 3 was so disappointing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The first Mafia game was fantastic. Excellent story, with some decent gameplay, except for the driving. And that bloody race mission...

That ending though. Always enjoyed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Downloaded Everybody's Golf last night. Been looking forward to it for a year. They've removed all shot types except traditional? Haven't really played traditional since EG2 on the PS1 although the only GO tourney I won on HSG was a trad tourney.
    Really disappointed have to say. It was the advanced shots mechanism that gave it longevity for me. Still would have bought it and it looks great but I is disappoint.
    Don't know if they'll dlc advanced in, never done it before. Seems a backwards step, they had 2 shot systems in HSG and 5 in the previous one to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Downloaded Everybody's Golf last night. Been looking forward to it for a year. They've removed all shot types except traditional? Haven't really played traditional since EG2 on the PS1 although the only GO tourney I won on HSG was a trad tourney.
    Really disappointed have to say. It was the advanced shots mechanism that gave it longevity for me. Still would have bought it and it looks great but I is disappoint.
    Don't know if they'll dlc advanced in, never done it before. Seems a backwards step, they had 2 shot systems in HSG and 5 in the previous one to this.

From what I've read, other shot types get unlocked as you progress through the challenges.
    Trying to find decent reviews but there ain't much out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Thank god, I only played one round and when I checked online all I saw was grumblings about the trad shot type but I didn't look into it too deeply

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

At the tower of Pharos in FF12 now. It's an absolute slog. Also didn't realise it was the last dungeon, they really are just rushing as quick to the end so as to finish the game as quickly as possible. After Pharos I can just complete the game or go do hunts which is what I'll do, beat them so I never have to play the game again :)

The end game is extremely rushed but I'm still enjoying it. It's a bit of a boss rush, it's like they had all these amazing enemy boss designs and had to use them and not let them go to waste.

Would love to see a big console game by the same art team as the monster design is phenomenal.

Also not getting where the hate for Vaan comes from. Sure his character design is utter garbage but as a character he does a good job of representing the clueless players viewpoint. There's way worse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Playing Ori and the Blind Forest the last few days, got my first PC build in Oct/Nov and it's been on the shortlist but long-fingered from the day I got everything up and running. Super Metroid was maybe the first game I got completely hooked on as a kid, it's pretty funny how remarkably similar this game is all the way down to the double jumps, wall jumps, a good few animations, etc... but my god it's fantastic. First game in well over a decade (maybe even since N64 era) that I've played where you can die 15-20 times over and over and over and over trying to get somewhere and not get even the slightest bit frustrated. And the visuals, and the music... it's utterly mind blowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Billy86 wrote: »
    Playing Ori and the Blind Forest the last few days, got my first PC build in Oct/Nov and it's been on the shortlist but long-fingered from the day I got everything up and running. Super Metroid was maybe the first game I got completely hooked on as a kid, it's pretty funny how remarkably similar this game is all the way down to the double jumps, wall jumps, a good few animations, etc... but my god it's fantastic. First game in well over a decade (maybe even since N64 era) that I've played where you can die 15-20 times over and over and over and over trying to get somewhere and not get even the slightest bit frustrated. And the visuals, and the music... it's utterly mind blowing.

Wait till you get to the ginso tree. thats where frustration lives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

As frustrating as it was, once I beat it I couldn't help thinking that was easy :) But don't get me wrong, it's far from easy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Haha, literally just got through that between last night and the one before and not a bother! Died probably well over 100 times, maybe 200 and enjoyed every last second of it :D . And I'm usually the type to get very frustrated in repeating the same stuff over and over again in games.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

So I bought a Python in Elite Dangerous and have the optional internals set up.
    Once I drop a few million upgrading ze core internals it will be able to carry 192 tons of whatever I like.

I thought you all should know because it would be a shame for this thread to go.

Also I cheesed tha fook out of the hardest dungeon in Final Fantasy 15 because it was my New Game+ run.
    I love that game and anyone that disagrees is WRONG maybe I had too much to drink last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Zero-Cool wrote: »

That belongs in the 'You Feels You Lose' thread. Really nice work by Monolith.

• Video games are pretty much the only thing I spend money on, outside of food. I just bought Prey a little earlier. I still have a tonne of games I'll likely never finish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Video games are pretty much the only thing I spend money on, outside of food. I just bought Prey a little earlier. I still have a tonne of games I'll likely never finish.

I played the first hour of Prey in the demo and really enjoyed it. I really struggling with trying to not buy it due to backlog considering it's so cheap in Argos at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Billy86 wrote: »
    Playing Ori and the Blind Forest 

I loved this game, beautiful art and music.
    I'm gonna replay through it as the definitive edition before the sequel comes :)

Advertisement