Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nikon D3200 v D3300

Options
  • 16-02-2015 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭

I had a D3200 before but then I sold it as I got a really good price for it.
    So now I am in the market again for the Nikons.
    My budget is 400E and I will be buying it online so I could get either D3300 or D3200 under 400E easily. Especially the D3200 under 350.
    But I hear there is barley any difference between those 2.
    I am more of a still images and video shooting fam so excellent quality is all I care about In both.

So question is would buying D3300 a waste of money insteaf of D3200.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

I had a D3200 before but then I sold it as I got a really good price for it.
    So now I am in the market again for the Nikons.
    My budget is 400E and I will be buying it online so I could get either D3300 or D3200 under 400E easily. Especially the D3200 under 350.
    But I hear there is barley any difference between those 2.
    I am more of a still images and video shooting fam so excellent quality is all I care about In both.

So question is would buying D3300 a waste of money insteaf of D3200.

http://snapsort.com/compare/Nikon-D3200-vs-Nikon-D3300

30fps seems to be one of the biggest differences

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

I had just realised that it was only the camera body, lol.
    So I came across this website:
    http://www.expeditelectronics.com/ni...kit-black.html
    I called them up about customs and vat charges, as it ships from hong kong and they said its all payed for there is no hidden charges.
    I was wondering would that be the same situation for me if I were to buy from China rather Italy, battery, charger, DC input, HDMI, AV, USB, etc... even the software supplied - are these all workable in Ireland and elsewhere ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jonathan mark

i have the d3200 i like it i think the d3300 has wifi transfer so if that's important to you. the 24mb sensor is great. i wonder about full frame prices saying most lens cant take in more that 26mb of light information: so the rest is lost. maybe someone else know more about this..

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Redderneck

Think the wifi TX on the 3300 comes by way of an optional extra Wifi dongle. Not built-in and not included in price unless specially bundled. My young lad was looking for a decent entry-level-ish DSLR which was also decent for video and had the 3300 clearly ahead of the 3200 - can't remember the details on why, but I know it was more an advantage on the video shooting side of things rather than stills.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I have a D3300 , it only has wifi with the add on adapter , and by all accounts the app for it is pretty naff.
    What swayed me vis a vis the D3200 was the better light sensitivity and panoramic shots, easier to sell on in a few years too maybe.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

here is a interesting video on frame size. it point out just how good the d3200 is i would say at most the full frame is very slightly better! search google for Nikon D600 vs D3200 Quick Test i cant post a url because newbie rules!

my tests leave me thinking that the d3200 is not much good beyond iso1600 without a lot of grain maybe i am doing something wrong its ok if their is lots of light but best keep it to iso800 for best performance.

Advertisement