Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

George H W Bush has died

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Sciprio wrote: »
    I will not shed a tear for a terrorist who killed inocent people and then then gave birth to a terrorist just to send innocent people to their deaths just to compete or surpass their daddies unfinished business.

Didn't realise he gave birth to George Jr, what the hell was Barbara doing, running the country?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

"... and since I'd achieved all my goals as president in one term, there was no need for a second. The end."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

A man who while VP was part of an administration that ordered the muder of 290 civilians aboard an airliner and then refused to "apologise for America" as well as being involved with proping up umpteen tinpot dictators and being complicit in the importation of cocaine into the US via Panama by the Medellin cartel.

He's no hero, and no loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

"Now, are there any questions? Keeping in mind that I already explained about my hair."

“Don’t understand lemonade myself. Not my forte.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

It never amazes me how people are quick to forget.

Same here. He us not the worst now. When Trump is long gone in 30 years they say same about him

I’m pretty sure that some presidents are remembered as being very poor or mediocre in retrospect. Certainly I’ve read a few articles on the subject. In mainstream newspapers, not dusty, fusty, esoteric publications. It’s not true that history smiles on them all.

There is no guarantee that Americans will have goldfish memory about Trump or any recent president for that matter. My dislike of Charlie Haughey hasn’t lessened over the years. And I’m not even a political person. A lot of people ARE really interested in politics, unlike me, and they won’t forget what they disliked about whatever leader they didn’t like. My father, with little provocation, can enter full-blooded rants about politicians he disliked back in the day.

And if others revise their view of a politician, they might have thought it through well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

I'm sure you had a point amongst all this right wing rethoric...it may have gotten lost.

You’ve pretty much admitted in another thread you are trolling here.

It’s not very good trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

"If the people were to ever find out what we have done, we would be chased down the streets and lynched' about the Iran contra affair. The sycophantic praise of this guy by media outlets is something else. He was the Head of the CIA for gods sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

It’s odd the supporters of Trump also supporting Saudi. Saudi is the enemy of the west.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭frosty123

well Frank Drebin liked him....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Don't know if it has been mentioned yet but in recent decades losing a presidential race is the key to long life.

Bush was 94
    Cater is 94
    Ford was 94
    McGovern was 90
    Mondale is 90
    Dukakis is 85
    Poor Nixon died at a youthful 81

Nixon will make a triumphant return in 3000

Nixon's coming back arooooooooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

It’s odd the supporters of Trump also supporting Saudi. Saudi is the enemy of the west.

Middle eastern violence is all good with me as long as it stays there but when they bring that stuff over here its a different matter.....

He was a walking conspiracy theory. Good riddance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Middle eastern violence is all good with me as long as it stays there but when they bring that stuff over here its a different matter.....

You do see the irony of what you're saying right?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,661 ✭✭✭buried

The Saudi's brought the violence everywhere, fire all over the globe, including the west. 15 of the 9/11 plane hijackers were Saudi.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

buried wrote: »
    The Saudi's brought the violence everywhere, fire all over the globe, including the west. 15 of the 9/11 plane hijackers were Saudi.

Meh I am not convinced of that since some of them turned up alive and well. I am more going with the CIA/Mossad Black Flag.

Meh I am not convinced of that since some of them turned up alive and well. I am more going with the CIA/Mossad Black Flag.

Whats that story about?

buried wrote: »
    Whats that story about?

Really? There are LOADS of Books on it. It is not important that the twin towers happened ....... but what went on around it that day.
    Loads of Gold went missing out of the Federal Reserve unaccounted for beneath the twin towers. Then a whistle blower was going to talk all about corrupt practices at some bank. Then Some other building just spontaneously blew up for no reason. The part of the pentagon that was hit was mothballed for maintenance, 100 people killed in the pentagon had no legends. Airplane fuel (Kerosene) burns but does not explode....... man the list goes on and on

Really? There are LOADS of Books on it. It is not important that the twin towers happened ....... but what went on around it that day.
    Loads of Gold went missing out of the Federal Reserve unaccounted for beneath the twin towers. Then a whistle blower was going to talk all about corrupt practices at some bank. Then Some other building just spontaneously blew up for no reason. The part of the pentagon that was hit was mothballed for maintenance, 100 people killed in the pentagon had no legends. Airplane fuel (Kerosene) burns but does not explode....... man the list goes on and on

I'm sure there are skoot, there's loads of books about alien abductions too, but y'know, ya got to be careful what you read.

Fair enough man, but if you want to believe that an huge American intelligence agency, the 1000's of people behind such a group, was behind that attack and not, y'know, the vile fascist wahhabi Islamist trash from the Arabian Gulf that actually were behind it, and they were, I don't know what to say to ya. Bin Laden owned up to it, Al-Zawahiri owned up to it, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed owened up to it, he even owned up to coming up with the initial idea of it. The funds for the attack came from SA. 15 of the buckos came from Saudi Arabia. Those are facts. Who from the CIA/Mossad owned up to any of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Airplane fuel (Kerosene) burns but does not explode....... man the list goes on and on

It burns at such a rate that it looks like an explosion. Definitely a large change in air pressure from it which is the definition of an explosion. I've seen it in countless videos of jet planes crashing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Nixon will make a triumphant return in 3000

Nixon's coming back arooooooooo

Nothing to be worried about ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,334 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Wasn't the security for the WTC run by a company owned by a member of the Bush family too?

There's so many things around 9-11 that don't add up, whatever about the conspiracies around the day itself, why did the W Bush administration never answer for allowing the worst terrorist incident ever on American soil to happen?

Why when Bush and Cheney appeared to give evidence to the 9-11 commission was it done behind closed doors and not recorded?
    Why were those same people never held to account for the millions of people killed predicated on the notion of non existent WMD's?

People have short and selective memories, it's easier to bury your head in the sand than to accept that the likes of the Bushes would use any situation to turn a profit for themselves and their cronies, they don't care about people dying.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,265 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I aways though he had a rather odd demeanor about him. I don't know if he felt awkward in front of the camera or what it was. He certainly wasn't good in front of the camera in the way Bill Clinton was and I never heard him make a good emotive speech either. He never would have been president if it wasn't for Regan making him vice and the Dems having such a poor candidate in Michael Dukakis.

AllForIt wrote: »
    I aways though he had a rather odd demeanor about his. I don't know if he felt awkward in front of the camera or what it was. He certainly wasn't good in front of the camera in the way Bill Clinton was and I never heard him make a good emotive speech either. He never would have been president if it wasn't for Regan making him vice and the Dems having such a poor candidate in Michael Dukakis.

Regan was supposed to die and Bush was supposed to be President(88-92). Regan was forced into choosing him for VP. For the second Term of office for Regan it was really Bush Cheney and Rumsfeld that were running the office. Maybe it turned out that way for a reason like when the Republicans ran John McCain for President. If you cant win then run some dead weight looser that you can blame and ditch later.

nullzero wrote: »
    Wasn't the security for the WTC run by a company owned by a member of the Bush family too?

There's so many things around 9-11 that don't add up, whatever about the conspiracies around the day itself, why did the W Bush administration never answer for allowing the worst terrorist incident ever on American soil to happen?

Why when Bush and Cheney appeared to give evidence to the 9-11 commission was it done behind closed doors and not recorded?
    Why were those same people never held to account for the millions of people killed predicated on the notion of non existent WMD's?

People have short and selective memories, it's easier to bury your head in the sand than to accept that the likes of the Bushes would use any situation to turn a profit for themselves and their cronies, they don't care about people dying.

The important thing is that They got to go into Iraq when it was on its last knees and grab the oil and assetts and turn a nice profit for BlackWater and the Carlton group and that is what is important.

tuxy wrote: »
    It burns at such a rate that it looks like an explosion. Definitely a large change in air pressure from it which is the definition of an explosion. I've seen it in videos of jet planes crashing.

Look at the video of the twin towers. It doesnt blow up .... it blows out at the bottom like structural demolition charge. If it was hit at the top, why would it collapse like that at the base?

First can we agree that jet fuel can explode and frequently does when jet planes crash?

First can we agree that jet fuel can explode and frequently does when jet planes crash?

Sure, I actually dont watch videos of real plane crashes in my spare time. Sure I will watch an action film but even I know they are done for effect. In fact I have never seen a real plane crash or explosion that I looked at from a technical perspective. Are you someway qualified in that area, because I am honestly not.

Now can you explain why you claimed otherwise only a few posts ago?

• Advertisement

Now can you explain why you claimed otherwise only a few posts ago?

Because I have often burned stuff with kerosene but it never exploded. I dont claim to be Aeronautic or civil engineer, I am more BioMedical with some chemistry.

Advertisement