Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I'm on the verge of smoking :(

Options
  • 14-05-2015 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭

The ecig just isn't doing it for me lately. I'm very close to buying rollies :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Nooooo! How long have you been off the cigs? Maybe a new liquid would help, ring the changes a bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

dee_mc wrote: »
    Nooooo! How long have you been off the cigs? Maybe a new liquid would help, ring the changes a bit?

4 months . I've tried new flavours but they all taste like **** to me the last few weeks. I think my mind is made up tbh :(

rottie 11 wrote: »
    4 months . I've tried new flavours but they all taste like **** to me the last few weeks. I think my mind is made up tbh :(

I got a bit restless after about 5 months on the e-cig and got a stronger battery thing (sorry, I'm not well up on the vaping lingo!) which really improved the 'kick' without having to get a stronger liquid... maybe try that and give it another week or so, see how you go?
    I'm off the cigarettes just over a year now (a year on the 5th of May if I remember correctly) and even though I wasn't a heavy smoker, only had about 12 a day, I've saved €2000 even taking into account what I've spent on e-cig stuff.
    I had 2 drags of someone's cigarette around Christmas and although it was nice, I know I won't go back. If you can stick with the e-cig another while you just might turn the corner, it's so worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

Are you still trying to vape at very low voltages? I'd stop that first and just go with something sensible like 4V or 13W or something. Maybe splash the cash on a decent battery and a GS Air tank. I think I remember you were using a Pro Tank but there's much better stuff out there. The GS Air is only a tenner. It'll be cheaper in the long run than a pack of baccy a day.

I got a bit restless after about 5 months on the e-cig and got a stronger battery thing (sorry, I'm not well up on the vaping lingo!) which really improved the 'kick' without having to get a stronger liquid... maybe try that and give it another week or so, see how you go?
    I'm off the cigarettes just over a year now (a year on the 5th of May if I remember correctly) and even though I wasn't a heavy smoker, only had about 12 a day, I've saved €2000 even taking into account what I've spent on e-cig stuff.
    I had 2 drags of someone's cigarette around Christmas and although it was nice, I know I won't go back. If you can stick with the e-cig another while you just might turn the corner, it's so worth it!

The problem is I have to go to Dublin tomorrow leaving at 4 in the morn and I won't be home until about 11 the following day. When the battery goes on the ecig I won't be able to charge it so I'm bound to smoke then. I kind of want to smoke tbh tho I know il b able to give up again. Sounds childish I know but I'm actually dying for one

• Advertisement

Are you still trying to vape at very low voltages? I'd stop that first and just go with something sensible like 4V or 13W or something. Maybe splash the cash on a decent battery and a GS Air tank. I think I remember you were using a Pro Tank but there's much better stuff out there. The GS Air is only a tenner. It'll be cheaper in the long run than a pack of baccy a day.

Ya I was using the pro tank. I'm using an maxi bvc now I think it's called that? It was doing me grand but not anymore I'm afraid

The problem is I have to go to Dublin tomorrow leaving at 4 in the morn and I won't be home until about 11 the following day. When the battery goes on the ecig I won't be able to charge it so I'm bound to smoke then. I kind of want to smoke tbh tho I know il b able to give up again. Sounds childish I know but I'm actually dying for one

You're making excuses for yourself - you could pick up a spare battery anywhere in Dublin for the price of a packet or two of cigarettes!
    I spent years saying 'I know I can give up again', a friend of mine used to say 'giving up smoking is easy, I've done it loads of times', but you've been off them 4 months now, I suppose you just have to decide whether you want to jump back on the smoking train or stay off it once and for all ;)

You're making excuses for yourself - you could pick up a spare battery anywhere in Dublin for the price of a packet or two of cigarettes!
    I spent years saying 'I know I can give up again', a friend of mine used to say 'giving up smoking is easy, I've done it loads of times', but you've been off them 4 months now, I suppose you just have to decide whether you want to jump back on the smoking train or stay off it once and for all ;)

Right now the smoking train is winning lol. Il try my best not to but sure wel see I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

Its entirely your choice, but if you're the kind of person who spent their time while smoking, giving out about smoking and I'll give up on monday etc etc then you're better off spending some coin to get a better set up. 30w iStick and GS Air or even Nautilus mini atomiser and it will change your view on the whole thing. Hell, go crazy and get a sub tank mini or atlantis atty and it will blow your head off. Also, get better juice, I even tried a great tobacco flavour in eCirette (Talbot St) the other day which was really nice, and I hate tobacco flavours.

Most people who start using the kind of thing you have now soon find its not delivering enough punch and upgrade. Happiness ensues.

As I said earlier its your adult choice, and your lungs. I think you'll regret going back on the smokes in short order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

This will probably go against most of the advice you'll get on here. If you feel you are 100% deffo going to smoke my advice would be don't go back to what you know (brandwise). Buy 20 Marlboro red of something strong.

Smoke as many as you can in 24 hours and trust me you'll be back to vaping tomorrow. Then buy some new shiny vape gear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I kind of want to smoke tbh tho I know il b able to give up again. Sounds childish I know but I'm actually dying for one
    That's fine (imo), go back to the regular smokes for a bit and give the ecig another go soon.

I mix myself. I smoke regulars at home but always smoke ecig outside the home (at work, pub, travelling etc).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

As a previous smoker now non smoker going on about 5 years now. Just cool the jets there and take it down a notch and step back. I was once where you are now five years on. You'll get these temptations, you cant just give in every time. I don't use an ecig, but just wanted to throw that in there. Ciggerates will be there in an hour and ten years down the line don't be panicing they ain't gonna run out of them. Stick it out. Four months is excellent work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

i get this too, like not craving for smokes or anything but that im not getting enough of a hit from the battery. i always carry a spare or two as im only using an ego atm (that will change eventually) but as soon as i put the fully charged battery on i get a good hit. I ihave noticed indoor vaping is far better than outdoor vaping and i havent the foggiest idea as to why!

honestly lad, just get another battery in dublin you have done amazing work to stay off them for so long tomorrow is one day, say to yourself i wont smoke tomorrow and try ....if afterwards your dying for a fag no one can stop you!!!! but give yourself a target, in fact pick up some new stuff in the shops in dublin when your up!

Personally i love the whole idea around vaping it feels lik xmas when something pops in the door that was bought online, admittedly its only juices or new batteries or clearomisers but it sure beats the feeling of buying a box of fags everyday. for me anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

I ihave noticed indoor vaping is far better than outdoor vaping and i havent the foggiest idea as to why!

I've noticed this too. I don't notice it as much now that I'm vaping between 15 and 20 watts. So, that's another thing to look forward to when you move up from the egos.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

After smoking for 25yrs I'm off them seven months and have no intention or desire to smoke again as long as I can vape. I've always got a good supply of juice, clearomisers and coils plus two batteries so I'm never caught out. I actually prefer vaping to smoking now and as hypocritical as this may sound I nearly look down on smokers now and the stupidity of what they're doing to themselves and their pocket.

Keep it up dude - it can be done. ;)

Thanks for all the replies. I think ye all have just made me change my mind. Hope I can get threw tomorrow tho, I'm going up for a 1 day training coarse for a job I'm trying to get so can't go shopping for batteries etc. Even if I do smoke 1 or 2 tomoro il stop straight away when I get home :) cheers

Thanks for all the replies. I think ye all have just made me change my mind. Hope I can get threw tomorrow tho, I'm going up for a 1 day training coarse for a job I'm trying to get so can't go shopping for batteries etc. Even if I do smoke 1 or 2 tomoro il stop straight away when I get home :)cheers

Or you can decide not to smoke at all and be all smug about not having smoked a cigarette for 4 whole months :)
    Good luck with it whatever you decide!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Thanks for all the replies. I think ye all have just made me change my mind. Hope I can get threw tomorrow tho, I'm going up for a 1 day training coarse for a job I'm trying to get so can't go shopping for batteries etc. Even if I do smoke 1 or 2 tomoro il stop straight away when I get home :) cheers

And when you get home go get yourself a battery that you will be comfortable going away for the day with , like a 30w iStick like suggested above .

Or you can decide not to smoke at all and be all smug about not having smoked a cigarette for 4 whole months :)
    Good luck with it whatever you decide!

The battery might not run out anyway so hopefully il get lucky :)

jonski wrote: »
    And when you get home go get yourself a battery that you will be comfortable going away for the day with , like a 30w iStick like suggested above .

Ya I must invest in something better one of the days alrite

• Advertisement

Battery went dead as expected so I bought a box of John player blue. Smoked 4 of them and when I got home I gave them to my brother. Fags are disgusting, got a terrible headache from them and everything. So happy I gave them up, vaping is soooo much better :)

Battery went dead as expected so I bought a box of John player blue. Smoked 4 of them and when I got home I gave them to my brother. Fags are disgusting, got a terrible headache from them and everything. So happy I gave them up, vaping is soooo much better :)

So you're back on the wagon?
    Johnny Blues would never be enough to get me back on the smokes, horrid yokes :)

So you're back on the wagon?
    Johnny Blues would never be enough to get me back on the smokes, horrid yokes :)

What wagon? I'm back on the ecig wagon :)

What wagon? I'm back on the ecig wagon :)

I think 'on the wagon' is the phrase people use for being off the drink, but I'm too lazy to check whether I'm right or wrong! Anyway, glad to hear you're not back on the evil ciggies :)

I think 'on the wagon' is the phrase people use for being off the drink, but I'm too lazy to check whether I'm right or wrong! Anyway, glad to hear you're not back on the evil ciggies :)

They are actually rotten tho. I can't believe I had cravings for them

They are actually rotten tho. I can't believe I had cravings for them

I still like the smell sometimes to be honest, but 8 out of 10 times it makes me feel a bit ill now!!

I still like the smell sometimes to be honest, but 8 out of 10 times it makes me feel a bit ill now!!

The smell of 2nd hand smoke is lovely but honestly if you smoked one you'd nearly vomit I reckon :P

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

I can't believe I'm even typing this (because theres no way to not make it sound all high horsey) but I'm dissapointed in you Rottie!
    It was all so predictable, you had resigned yourself and had gone from 'I hope not to smoke' to 'I've convinced myself I want to smoke'.
    Well, at least you found them unbearable and will give vaping a proper go hopefully (or in a perfect world quit everything).
    Back to day 1!

Didihno wrote: »
    I can't believe I'm even typing this (because theres no way to not make it sound all high horsey) but I'm dissapointed in you Rottie!
    It was all so predictable, you had resigned yourself and had gone from 'I hope not to smoke' to 'I've convinced myself I want to smoke'.
    Well, at least you found them unbearable and will give vaping a proper go hopefully (or in a perfect world quit everything).
    Back to day 1!

Have no problems since anyway. Been vaping away and not even thinking bout fags really

• Advertisement
Advertisement