Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When did Gemma O Doherty go batshyt crazy?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

There are very legitimate concerns about such issues. But it is seemingly being pushed to the fringes as mainstream politicians and media are too afraid of straying from the consensus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭francois

gman2k wrote: »
    The events in Christchurch can be blamed on hatemongers like O'Doherty, Hopkins, Waters and Croft. Their rhetoric about immigration, anti Muslim sentiment is not harmless, this is the end result.
    It's disgusting to have these proto-Nazis in our society, and Facebook, Twitter and YouTube are hugely to blame for giving them a platform.

Exactly-the constant drip, drip, drip of anti-Muslim sentiment has led to this-It is not just fringe nutters like O'Blockerty and her band of Alt-right fanbois, it is mainstream on places like Fox and the Daily Mail.

This is from batshyte's twitter feed
    NewZealand has all the hallmarks of a classic false flag operation to incite fresh #IS attacks, create chaos and fear, allow the globalists take more control over people and remove freedoms a la 9/11. A professional job. The public are no longer fooled

https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1106477075731570689

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

francois wrote:
    This if from batshyte's twitter feed

I would encourage people to report this tweet to Twitter, I can't as I'm blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Shameful stuff from her but to be expected. Shes a twisted evil bitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,100 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

gman2k wrote: »
    I would encourage people to report this tweet to Twitter, I can't as I'm blocked.

I did. Let's see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,703 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

francois wrote:
    This is from batshyte's twitter feed

There's something psychologically wrong there I'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 31,748 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

francois wrote: »
    She has gone full info wars now!
    This is disgraceful a new low for her, reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭ollkiller

When i saw the news this morning first thought that came into my head was Gemma waking up, seeing the news and dancing like a mad eejit around her living room like all her Christmas's had come at once. Shes done her hit piece, won't respond to any comment and let the **** show commence. The only word to describe her actions is vile.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

The woman needs urgent mental health care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I don't think so now. I think shes just a cúnt. Some people are just horrible people.

Exploiting the death of 49 people for political gain in a tweet is as low as you can go though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

She doesn't and that dismissive reasoning only emboldens her and her ilk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

The Nal wrote:
    I don't think so now. I think shes just a cúnt. Some people are just horrible people.

The Nal wrote:
    Exploiting the death of 49 people for political gain in a tweet is as low as you can go though.

And the worst part is that it's not for political gain as she is intelligent enough to know that she or her like will never get elected.
    She will make money though from clicks, she has seen how well K Hopkins has done from this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭donaghs

lazygal wrote: »
    She's always been that way.
    Twitter just let's her express it more publicly.

Seriously, what were the first signs that she was this unhinged?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭KikiLaRue

humberklog wrote: »
    She doesn't and that dismissive reasoning only emboldens her and her ilk.

In fact, as someone who struggles with my own mental health but manages not to spread hatred on a daily basis, I'm very uncomfortable with this interpretation of her behaviour.

She seems very much in her own mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

The Nal wrote: »

Exactly. She has shown today she is nothing but a hate monger

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1106507249172865026

I keep seeing people describing her as 'batshyt' - Boards influence?

I just opened her Twitter, and she has a pinned post from TEDx.. A great example of how different TED is with that x attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Flange/Flanders

I just opened her Twitter, and she has a pinned post from TEDx.. A great example of how different TED is with that x attached.

But the thing is, a lot of people wouldnt realise the significance of the x and would attach some significance to the "legitimacy" of her talk. I didnt know about the x before but when i saw it i thought to myself, how the hell did she get asked by Ted to talk.

Shes actually vile. I cant help but wonder how she thinks it was false flag and yet the bastards filmes themselves. Not the wisest move if youre trying to fool the public!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

She's previously suggested that the arson attacked on the hotel in Rooskey were a False Flag too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

She isnt unhinged or crazy. She is deliberately hatemongering to make profit from the death of 49 people. I hope the Cork Hotels she is supposed to speak at do cancel her bookings. This isnt a free speech issue. She is deliberately causing hatred to be unleashed.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

But the thing is, a lot of people wouldnt realise the significance of the x and would attach some significance to the "legitimacy" of her talk. I didnt know about the x before but when i saw it i thought to myself, how the hell did she get asked by Ted to talk.

Shes actually vile. I cant help but wonder how she thinks it was false flag and yet the bastards filmes themselves. Not the wisest move if youre trying to fool the public!

Sadly Tedx is Ted style talks endorsed by Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

How is she allowed to be a "Journalist" with that sort of bollocks? Journalists are supposed to have integrity, report accurately etc. Very disconcerting to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

How is she allowed to be a "Journalist" with that sort of bollocks? Journalists are supposed to have integrity, report accurately etc. Very disconcerting to be honest.

Well, anyone can call themselves a journalist. And in fairness, she used to be an able enough feature writer. Her "investigative journalism" seems to have been largely limited to doorstepping garda commissioner Callinan's wife.

But with the sort of shyte she's been coming out with lately, the date of last publication of any sort of decent article in a reputable journal is receding into the mists of time. I can't see anything published after July of last year.

(Which, of course, is a conspiracy by MSM and Denis O'Brien...)

Even broadsheet.ie won't touch her now...

Interesting article here: In truth, what has Gemma O'Doherty exposed?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

She's unemployed/unemployable. Hence the grift.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

And people complained that no councils would sign off on her presidential bid...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I don't think a 'U ok hun?' will cut the mustard this time.

She is actually ill in some manner.

Larbre34 wrote: »

Is she though? Or is she just an ar$ehole?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Force Carrier

Larbre34 wrote: »

She's not at all ill.
    She just found herself (brought herself) outside the mainstream or status quo in this country. She could write about how unjust and unfair that was for a while but then what do you do? How do you make a living? One possibility is to aim for the David Icke Dollar. There's some money in that niche. What did she get - a few hundred people at a meeting in Ashbourne this week. Motivated people enough to get up and leave their houses and go to an event.
    In the out there niche the more out there you are the better.

• Advertisement

KikiLaRue wrote: »
    Is she though? Or is she just an ar$ehole?

I'll go with the latter-She's seen how to monetise hate. She needs to make a bit of cash now that she is unemployable.
    Looks like there is a hashtag starting to trend #deletegemma

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement