Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainfall warnings and possible widespread thunderstorms Fri 19 July 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭pauldry

Belmullet could end upwith 50mm today if next batch hits.

On satellite a lot of it looks like it likes to stay offshore

Lashing in South Sligo. None in Sligo town yet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,870 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Looking at the ME radar nothing heavy to give you 50mm of rain its just looks like any other day light blue colour, they definitely called this forecast wrong with the yellow warnings for Connacht and Ulster probably get hammered for saying that but it just did not happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Looking at the ME radar nothing heavy to give you 50mm of rain its just looks like any other day light blue colour, they definitely called this forecast wrong with the yellow warnings for Connacht and Ulster probably get hammered for saying that but it just did not happen.

Thunderstorm risk will happen as skies clear behind warm front in warm sector

Risk right through until tonight

Its 1140am 1040utc

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Storm 10 wrote: »

amen to that ie they got it wrong.. ah well!

Thunderstorm risk will happen as skies clear behind warm front in warm sector

Risk right through until tonight

Its 1140am 1040utc

Not on about that warning on about yesterdays yellow warning for heavy rain spreading up to Connacht and Ulster last night and today, that warning was taken down in the early hours and replaced with heavy showers and thunder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭squarecircles

it would be helpful if they went into a bit of detail and made things a little clearer also regarding the tpotential thunderstorm activity which seems will be mainly focused over the south of the country.

Galway Arts Festival cancelled a big act in Eyre Square today because of the rain warning which never happened , I find ME not as accurate of late maybe its just me but they seem to be getting it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭dacogawa

I don't think anyone should be writing this off just yet, there is potential for heavy downpours and thunder/lightning until late tonight...

anim_tdx7.gif

anim_owf5.gif?fbclid=IwAR24NAA4kCkPddRBNbl18HcbJ8HyHVH3IY_EQSNGJVFOq1OsMtVTj19esTc

starting to dislike that word " potential"... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Air is hot today
    Hotter than the temp suggests

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭pad199207

Lashing in Kildare now at 20c

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Not a drop of rain to be got in east Galway.
    Ground is powder dry

Graces7 wrote: »
    starting to dislike that word " potential"... ;)

Well the charts say it will happen but hard to know where given the mix up that is going on, give me about 12 hours and I'll be able to say for sure or not Graces :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

https://www.netweather.tv/weather-forecasts/uk/convective
    Some forecast for thunder with some supercells especially for the south of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

It's great growing weather especially if you have recently got hay/silage. Not so great if you are looking to sheer sheep :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

JJayoo wrote: »
    It's great growing weather especially if you have recently got hay/silage. Not so great if you are looking to sheer sheep :/

Throw them in the night before lad
    Any sheds near them you could borrow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭highdef

North Kildare and convection had increased hugely in the past twenty minutes. Lots of lowering darkening bases appearing too my South, West, North and overhead. Completely calm and almost tropical feel to the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

There has been persistent light rain in Castlebar since about 10.00, but it has turned torrential in the last half an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

The heat is rising in Limerick City and it's getting quite sticky.

Good conditions for thunder and lightning

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

South Sligo: light mist all day

• Advertisement

Loud heavy rain... nice! thunder headache is back too... west mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Heavy equatorial shower in Dublin city centre. No sparks.

**Edit. Sun back out almost straight after the deluge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Was expecting it so much worse. Some heavy showers at 10-11am. That was it. The humidity is yuk tho.
    Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

It is still very quiet around Ireland yet. Some heavy showers about. There was one passing Limerick a while ago. A bit jealous of thunderstorm activity in Italy, Greece and the Balkans. I hope it might get busy by teatime.

interesting the way met have changed the warnings.. covered all bases

Status Yellow - Rainfall warning for Ireland
    Heavy thundery downpours will give high totals of rainfall in short spaces of time today/early tonight leading to localized spot flooding.

Some strikes in the midlands now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,054 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Some nasty showers around the Mullingar/Tullamore area now. Aircraft up at 32,000 feet asking Shannon control to go around the cloud tops.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

A few Sparks showing up on the radar in the Midlands

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭KrakityJones

Rumble just now in east Galway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,054 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Lots of strikes appearing now

Advertisement