Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken car seat

• 09-01-2012 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭

I took the cover off a Graco Junior Baby car seat, and noticed that the styrofoam is no longer glued to the plastic car seat base (see pic).

I was wondering is this something that's possible to get fixed, or would it be better not to use the car seat? I don't think I'd trust myself to glue it back on.

IMG_0070.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Personally, I wouldn't use the car seat again. What if the styrofoam comes away again?

It's too dangerous in my opinion, you are better off getting a new car seat. I know they aren't cheap, but it is your child and their safety is (or should be) paramount.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I would buy a new one, not worth the risk in my opinion.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

fjon wrote: »
    I took the cover off a Graco Junior Baby car seat, and noticed that the styrofoam is no longer glued to the plastic car seat base (see pic).

I was wondering is this something that's possible to get fixed, or would it be better not to use the car seat? I don't think I'd trust myself to glue it back on.

No idea what way it ismeant to be but if you bring it back to the shop where you bought it they will be able to advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭fjon

That's fine, I've got another one. I'll just throw this one out, it's quite old now anyway. Hopefully I can find somewhere to recycle it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

fjon wrote: »
    That's fine, I've got another one. I'll just throw this one out, it's quite old now anyway. Hopefully I can find somewhere to recycle it.

Make sure you cut the straps off it first, you wouldn't want someone picking it up at the recycling centre and using it...

• Advertisement
Advertisement