Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MINECRAFT Lego!

• 06-12-2011 6:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭

Anyone else losing their minds? :D
    Also.. are Mojang actually going to make it themselves... or that other company?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Well it'd literally be it in analog form wouldn't it? I'd like to own a lego creeper though..........and Enderman...........Maybe I'll just buy one.........or two.........of the little packs...............And then work up from there.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/12/06/minecraft-lego-minecraft-lego/
    Shut the shops down, people, Christmas is solved. Mojang have successfully pitched the idea for Lego Minecraft on Lego Cuusoo, a site that lets visitors vote on their favourite Lego prototypes. The sets aren’t in full production yet, but the idea has been so popular that the Cuusoo site has been struggling to deal with the traffic since Mojang man Daniel Kaplan tweeted about the project.

“We are working directly with LEGO to make this happen. Please vote again :)” reads Kaplan’s tweet.

“Minecraft is about placing blocks to build anything you can imagine in the virtual world. You can build anything you imagine with LEGO bricks in the physical world. Minecraft and LEGO were meant to be together,” say Mojang on Cuusoo, adding that “we will work with the LEGO Group to secure a licensing agreement and donate the 1% royalty from LEGO CUUSOO to charity.”

The idea already has more than 5,000 supporters. It’ll surely succeed. Minecraft is already like exploring a world of living lego. When Lego Minecraft is released, someone will make a stop motion Lego animation of their adventures in Minecraft then the universe will implode and it will be brilliant. Who wants Minecraft Lego for Christmas?

Tags: DO WANT, Featured, LEGO, Lego Minecraft, Minecraft, Mojang

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭jujumushu

Well I know what I want for Christmas...or next Christmas..or just like happy Friday or something..basically SOMEONE BUY ME MINECRAFT LEGO :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Very cool the way they have the ore blocks done. From the picture it looks like you can destruct them and remove the coal/iron ingots etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭jujumushu

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Very cool the way they have the ore blocks done. From the picture it looks like you can destruct them and remove the coal/iron ingots etc.

OMG minegasm! I didn't notice that

:eek:

http://gizmodo.com/5885616/the-official-lego-minecraft-micro-world-set-is-here

4d5993e633ccfa08777297595df0c452.jpg
    The Official Lego Minecraft Micro World Set Is Here
    In January, it was announced that Lego would release an official Minecraft set. The idea represents a perfect match, which probably should have come sooner. But now it's here, and it looks awesome.

The Brothers Brick has offered up some photos of the new set, which includes two of Minecraft's most iconic characters—Steve and a Creeper—represented as "Micro Mobs" and splits into four sections.

The set came into being after 10,000 Lego and Minecraft fans voted for it on Lego Cuusoo— an official Lego site, on which fans can post their own creations and vote to make them a reality.

The set will be avaiable in summer 2012, and it can be pre-ordered through Jinx for $34.99. [The Brothers Brick]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭shabouwcaw

pity the chunks arent 16x16..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,782 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Anyone else disappointed in how it looks?

Quazzie wrote: »
    Anyone else disappointed in how it looks?

Was thinking that if I emptied my lego box I could probably make that without buying the sets. :(

I guess I will pick up the small ones if they come with characters. (Or just the creeper........but even it looks a little........"thrown together on a Friday evening" job).

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dpahealy

Finally released on LEGO shop at home.
    http://shop.lego.com/en-IE/Minecraft-21102

Definitely have to put my order in, a model worth having :D

Advertisement