Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Expat Shield (bbc iplayer)

• 12-11-2010 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Anyone installed this software for viewing BBC programmes on its iplayer. The website claims to enable users anywhere in the world to view BBC programmes. I've installed it and apart from having an ad banner on each page I'm still not able to view. A message appears saying "not available in your area". Also I had a warning saying the site doesn't conform to Windows logo and installing might affect the running performance of the computer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I've tried it and it seemed to work for me, but I mostly use ToR, see my previous thread here for details. With ToR you can have one browser using a proxy for iPlayer, and another not, for general browsing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

works for me, you turn it on and off as you need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭ttenneb

Will try that alternative one - thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I have been using it past few days since i read about it on another thread here and i find it excellent best one i have ever used.

I turn it off when not using it and works flawless so far.

Advertisement