Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BANDSCAN THREAD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,981 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Fresh dj wrote: »
    Yea it is run by Philip Dixon

Ando nows a lottery more than this website people talking about lickin radio nobs to be nosey. No offence.

But he has been around since the Original Dublin based on 93.2 ENERGY 1995-1997 NOW a top engineer on repairs, with this kinda stuff .

All the best

agreed, it has been suggested here before not to be naming operators behind current pirates for obvious reasons.
    does fresh have any plans for live programing in the future or will it continue to relay danceoneradio?

shut down alcohol action ireland now! end MUP today!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,453 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    I think that is a different station.

Energy on 3945 and 7705 Khz today for those that have a SW radio. 3945 should be receivable in most of Ireland.

Energy is a good signal on 3945, nothing heard on 7705. 1395 is a couple of minutes ahead of 3945.

The Dundalk station is on 6318 today. The station never identifies itself. When not playing oldies it runs recordings of pirates from the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Sunnyboy10

Infoanon wrote: »
    Only been on for a few weeks - no processing on the audio - automated but a good selection of music.

Today (Sunday) Easy on a blank carrier and Retros audio sounding a bit rough.
    BBC Radio 1 coming in strong on 98.9 wiping Absolutes 80 - no Christmas FM carriers on yet in this neck of the woods (Dublin)

Christmas fm testing on 105.2 this evening, Easy radio now back on playing easy listening music, listening to Retro Radio and there does not seem to be any issues with there audio sounds fine, they did have a power cut earlier on this evening but everything up and running now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 pure fm

Hot FM has a massive success for over 20 years in Dublin with a famous recognised name, following and listenership.

Hot FM attracts a listenership that is of the younger market from children to adults around 40 years old.

With over 1000 online in Ireland & overseas listeners at any time and even more listening on the radio 91.0 FM. Listen online here I actually laughed at this he is actually lieing
    that on the web site

pure fm wrote: »
    Hot FM has a massive success for over 20 years in Dublin with a famous recognised name, following and listenership.

Hot FM attracts a listenership that is of the younger market from children to adults around 40 years old.

With over 1000 online in Ireland & overseas listeners at any time and even more listening on the radio 91.0 FM. Listen online here I actually laughed at this he is actually lieing
    that on the web site

just checked both servers, 4 listener connections out of 9999 on 1 and 1 out of 200 on the other.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭SWR meter

Frank is a complete con artist. He posted a message the other the day about having 1,000 listeners online. He had 7 at the time.

If you are in doubt, just check yourself: https://www.internet-radio.com/search/?radio=hot+fm+dublin

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

105.0 on air from Knockmoyle in Kerry. RDS 'XMAS' with 4FM audio

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Christmas FM tests now on 88.1, 99.4 and 105.2 (west Dublin).

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Xmas on air now 87.7 Galway 105.0 Kerry 105.2 Clare and 105.5 Limerick. All playing test audio

• Christmas FM on air in Sligo now on 95.0.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Dublin (FM) today
    Chill 87.6
    Hot 91.0
    Now 91.6
    Easy 93.2
    Phever 94.3
    Trax 107.1

What’s up with Phever’s signal? Crystal in Naas/Newbridge but extremely patchy in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

What’s up with Phever’s signal? Crystal in Naas/Newbridge but extremely patchy in Dublin

The site seems to be far side of saggart, very poor in south dublin.

Phever must be on a very poor site for broadcasting into Dublin also frequency not great either mad.png depending on which side of the city your in,

The Cube came on 101.2 in Dublin later
    Flirt FM 106.6 Laois has been on a blank carrier last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,618 ✭✭✭Infoanon

odd goings on in Dublin on 96.0 :

The 'oldies' station is back on 96.0 (was 95.9) but is being jammed by a blank carrier....

The CUBE now has scrolling RDS - THE CUBE DUBLIN - audio a little bit too bassy for my liking but overall good.

Chill/HOT/NOW/RETRO/Easy/The CUBE/Trax all on air today with Energy on AM as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

The 'oldies' station is back on 96.0 (was 95.9) but is being jammed by a blank carrier....

The CUBE now has scrolling RDS - THE CUBE DUBLIN - audio a little bit too bassy for my liking but overall good.

Chill/HOT/NOW/RETRO/Easy/The CUBE/Trax all on air today with Energy on AM as well.

Around Dundrum and Ballinteer today, this is what I got:
    91.0 - Hot FM - loud and clear
    91.6 - Now - RDS, blank carrier - it's been that way (when I check) for a couple of weeks
    92.0 - Retro FM - RDS, blank carrier - it's been that way for months.
    94.3 - Phever - RDS, blank carrier - it's been that way for months.
    101.2 - The Cube - RDS, blank carrier - it's been that way ever since I checked it on that frequency.

1395am - Energy - good clear reception

I could not pick up Chill, but then again I never can around these parts. I also did not pick up Easy or Trax or that oldies station. I did pick up Easy and Trax, both with music, between Ballinteer and Nutgrove during the weekend though.

Phever has been very stable of late and Now FM hasn't been too bad - maybe you were just unlucky to get them on blank carriers?

The "normal" locations for a lot of stations targeting Dublin means it's difficult to get around to Dundrum and further south - which is why you have issues getting a lot of stations out that way.

For me, the The Cube signal is not great (is it also over modulated?). But that's probably just the signal not stretching out to my direction.

Around Dundrum and Ballinteer today, this is what I got:
    91.0 - Hot FM - loud and clear
    91.6 - Now - RDS, blank carrier - it's been that way (when I check) for a couple of weeks
    92.0 - Retro FM - RDS, blank carrier - it's been that way for months.
    94.3 - Phever - RDS, blank carrier - it's been that way for months.
    101.2 - The Cube - RDS, blank carrier - it's been that way ever since I checked it on that frequency.

1395am - Energy - good clear reception

I could not pick up Chill, but then again I never can around these parts. I also did not pick up Easy or Trax or that oldies station. I did pick up Easy and Trax, both with music, between Ballinteer and Nutgrove during the weekend though.
    I think you need to drive to some other part of Dublin your location must be very poor for picking up radio signals because all the stations you mentioned are heard in most parts of Dublin. Let that be said some of the stations music leaves a lot to be desired.

Strong carrier on 101.2 with a rotating RDS programme service: "THE CUBE" -> "DUBLIN".

Based on past history, rotating the RDS name like that should be strictly avoided. If it was OK to do it, Classic Hits would have done it when they re-branded.

• Advertisement

JDxtra wrote: »
    Strong carrier on 101.2 with a rotating RDS programme service: "THECUBE" -> " DUBLIN ".

Based on past history, rotating the RDS name like that should be strictly avoided. If it was OK to do it, Classic Hits would have done it when they re-branded.

Scrolling RDS is not allowed in Ireland by the BAI - though it is used widely across Europe. East Coast had scrolling early on but like all the pirates - KIC / Energy where told to switch it off.

The Cube signal is not over modulated but the signal is weak in many areas and gives the effect of distorted audio on some radios.

The Cube was on air from early afternoon today.

The Cube signal is not over modulated but the signal is weak in many areas and gives the effect of distorted audio on some radios.

The Cube was on air from early afternoon today.
    That may explain it. I was towards the city this evening hoping to catch a better listen but it was just a carrier. Easy was on a carrier as well but audio is back now.

Flirt FM returned with audio last night afaik

Hot FM on a carrier, stream appears to be off also which is unusual
    Now, Easy, Phever, The Cube and Trax on air

Hot fm were off a lot during the day over the past week. Now fm on a carrier early this morning but then returned.

just checked the stream and it is back on.

just checked the stream and it is back on.

91.0 was silent there in the car a short while ago.

quite a bit of trance on trax today. nice to hear.

Noticed that as well. Ain't what it used to be. Fuzzy and weak when driving around Dublin city and suburbs.

• Advertisement

Retro Radio currently being relayed by the Cube. Approx 30 seconds delay.

Assume it's a relay off the Internet stream - sounds very good, better than 92.0 .....

All other stations on air apart from Chill which seems to be week days only for the last while. The Oldies station on 96.0 is also off air.

Advertisement