Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Sports F.A.Q.

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Mrs. Doyle wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering how you got on with 123. Son had insurance with BMC but they don't appear to be covering ROI people any longer. Any other recommendations out there for long term stay for snowboarding for Worldwide cover? Seems very expensive on a lot of sites.

Believe it or not VHI have a decent affordable worldwide travel cover. I can't remember the details for how many days etc but I'm sure there website will tell you. There are options you can tailor to your needs (e.g. winter sports cover or other stuff)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Mrs. Doyle

Believe it or not VHI have a decent affordable worldwide travel cover. I can't remember the details for how many days etc but I'm sure there website will tell you. There are options you can tailor to your needs (e.g. winter sports cover or other stuff)

Thanks for reply. He's not insured with VHI any longer so don't think he can take out policy with them because of this aspect

"Medical Emergencies are handled through Vhi Assist under your Vhi Healthcare Hospital Plan"

We got a quote some years ago when he was insured with them and it was extremely expensive because of the 'dangerous sport' snowboarding!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Mrs. Doyle wrote: »
    Thanks for reply. He's not insured with VHI any longer so don't think he can take out policy with them because of this aspect

"Medical Emergencies are handled through Vhi Assist under your Vhi Healthcare Hospital Plan"

We got a quote some years ago when he was insured with them and it was extremely expensive because of the 'dangerous sport' snowboarding!

Nah I think their travel insurance is separate nowadays.
    Here are the details:
    http://www.vhi.ie/info/MainServlet?action=travelProductSelect
    Click on optional add ons for the winter sports cover

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Site listing current snow depths at various resorts around Europe:

http://en.skiinfo.com/snowreport-all-ski-resorts-233-en.jhtml

added to the first post as well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭blue note

Is there a good website to find ski chalets? I'm guessing there's a website where they are all listed (it's easy enough to find holiday homes in Ireland like that), but I can't find one.

Specifically if we're looking at chalets I'd be thinking of Spain.

• Advertisement
Advertisement