Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying phone from amazon.de

• 11-08-2012 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am looking to get the Galaxy Ace 2. I am trying to purchase an unlocked one since Vodafone here don't carry it. I looked at a few sites such as expansys etc and the cheapest I can find it is amazon.de

http://www.amazon.de/Samsung-Smartphone-Touchscreen-Megapixel-onyx-black/dp/B007UOXRS6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1344682754&sr=8-1

I never ordered from amazon.de before so just wondering would there be any problem with the phone working on an Irish SIM and it would it still have English language.

I have Google Translate on my browser so can't see the words "SIM free" "unlocked", anyone know for sure it is here or what it is in German?

Cheers for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It is SIM free and completely unlocked with only a factory firmware.

There will be no issues using an Irish SIM card in it. It will be most likely be in English out of the box or the SIM will select English for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Bought a mobile from amazon.de last year. No problem whatsoever! You might have to switch the language in the menu but that's no big deal. Just remember that the charger comes with a continental two-pin plug.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭henke

Thanks, yeah I was just concerned because it never mentioned SIM free but I guess since it didn't mention a network either it must be SIM free. I guess a charger will be handy got anyway. Think I will chance it :).

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

henke wrote: »
    I guess a charger will be handy got anyway.
    You can get an adaptor, or just put on a new plug if it is not moulded on. Many phones will charge via microusb connections, and a generic charger for these is cheap, you might already have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭efahey

Has anyone ever had to a faulty item from amazon.de and had to return? how does the warranty work with it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

efahey wrote: »
    Has anyone ever had to a faulty item from amazon.de and had to return? how does the warranty work with it?

Yes, Amazon.de, like the UK site, were great to deal with.

Warranty is within EU on any products so will work over here as normal.

Advertisement