Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creality Ender 3 Pro 3D Printer DIY Kit (220 x 220 x 250mm Printing Size) for €176.48

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭mickotoole

How strong is the stuff these print? Is it like hard plastic or wood strength? Could you sit on a table made with it? Thanks for previous answers.
    With the prints you can choose how much infill the print has so you can choose 100% which is a solid black of plastic. Default for most slicers is 20% which would easily hold 100kg if it was used to make a stool for example. Generally the filament comes in 1kg spools. I reckon the vase in the previous post would use up about 50g or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭drinkingwater

Worried about the price of filament, how many rolls like that would it take to make the flower pot in your picture?

It's only a 500gr roll, while most of the filaments come in a 1kg spool but yeah could print around 4-5 of those from the small 500gr spool. Some filaments will work for some and won't for others, it's all about your slicer settings (and of course about the quality of the filament too) .
    I'd say it takes a few tries to get it right and it could be frustrating as well when a print fails, but once it is set up properly, very little adjustment needed on daily basis. Honestly YouTube is your best friend, I learned everything from it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

atchooo wrote: »
    https://www.tomtop.com/p-os1622eu.html?Warehouse=DE&aid=tt&cr=

Good price for the Ender 3 Pro, if you are into this sort of thing. Delivered from Germany so will be quick and no hidden taxes, all you'll pay is the €176.48 when using the code TTC3D.

Probably good to know that TomTop don't pay for return shipping, but PayPal will.

This is from the site:

1. The shipping fee for sending the phone back to us will be paid by customers except for DOA (damaged on arrival) situations. 2. During the return shipping, the customer is responsible for any and all customs charges, excise duties or tariffs during the item return to China. In these cases we will deduct the customs fees from your authorised refund amount.So as it is coming from Germany, there will be no customs charges, and if you buy it using PayPal, you can get up to £15 off the return delivery fee paid for. "Features
    • Creality Ender 3 Pro is a DIY kit, with 12 installation steps, easy to assemble, multiple tools to choose from, let users experience more printing fun.
    • Extruder was updated to a more advanced version: MK10, this change will “greatly reduce the risk of clogging and uneven extrusion”.
    • The Nozzle of Creality Ender 3 Pro max temperature up to 255℃, hotbed max temperature up to 110℃, hotbed can reach 110℃ in about 5 minutes, that can meet the need of rapid heating and printing.
    • Creality Ender 3 Pro adopts a new type of soft magnetic sticker, which makes it easier to remove the model and solve the problem of warped printing edges.
    • CNC machining the y-axis mounting groove requires only a few steps to accurately position, and the structure is more stable.
    • The printed model is of good quality, the size of the print is large enough, and the quality of Creality Ender 3 Pro is also very good.
    • Safely protect the power supply, resume printing function, and resume printing after power is restored.
    • The maximum printing size is 220*220*250mm / 8.6x8.6x9.8 inches.
    • Creality Ender 3 Pro supports various 1.75mm printing filaments, such as PLA, ABS, Wood, TPU, gradient color, carbon fiber, etc.
    • Creality Ender 3 Pro supports Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10, MAC, Linux operating system.
    • With the free white filament material, the first printing test can be completed in a few minutes, the printed result is also good.
    • The Creality Ender 3 Pro can print any models you can think of, and it can also print masks and goggles for your family."

Specifications
    Model: Ender-3 Pro
    Plug: US/EU/UK/AU(optional)
    Frame Material: Aluminum Profile
    Power Input: 110/240V, 50/60Hz
    Power Output: DC 24V 270W
    Printing Method: FDM(Fused Deposition Molding)
    Printing Size: 220*220*250mm
    Printing Speed: ≤180mm/s,Normal 30-60mm/s
    Precision:±0.1mm
    Layer Thickness: 0.1-0.4mm
    Nozzle Diameter: 0.4mm
    Nozzle Number: 1
    Heatbed Temperature: ≤110℃
    Working Mode: Online or Offline
    File Format: STL,obj,amf
    Slice Software: Cura, Repetier-Host, Simplify3D
    Operating System: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10, MAC, Linux
    Filament: PLA,ABS,Wood,TPU,Gradient color,Carbon fiber,etc
    Filament Diameter: 1.75mm
    Item Size: 44.0 * 44.0 * 46.5cm / 17.3 * 17.3 * 18.3in
    Item Weight: 6.9kg / 15.2lb
    Package Size: 59.5 * 49.5 * 16.5cm / 23.4 * 19.5 * 6.5in
    Package Weight: 8.9kg / 19.6lb

OS1622AU-1-daca-RbBW.jpg

I don't see shipped from germany

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

bobbyy gee wrote: »
    I don't see shipped from germany

Point #2 at the top says says "as it is coming from Germany".
    Though then again, point #1 includes "during the item return to China". And also refers to it as a phone. :confused:

Regardless, if you click the link there's an option on the store page to choose which warehouse you want it from.

Somebody please talk me out of buying this on impulse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭lau1247

MOH wrote: »
    Somebody please talk me out of buying this on impulse.

Going to talk you into buying it :D

On the official Creality store, the price of the Ender 3 Pro is 176 Eur and if you select to ship from Czech, there should be nothing additional to pay VAT wise.

They have a promotion at the moment, if you buy 2 items (Basically any two item, the printer count as one item). You get another 5% off. (You will see that they have $5-$15 off on sign up at the top of the page, youo can pretty much ignore that. They cannot be stacked and it has minimum buy limit [i.e. 5 off for order over 100, 10 off for order over 300 and 15 off for order over 600]. So you're better off taking the 5% off when you buy two items)

In my opinion, if you are buying Ender 3 Pro, probably worth looking at Ender 3 V2 which is only 227 Eur. As with everything, do your own research first.

Personally I pulled the trigger on Ender 5 Pro this week with a PEI built plate (because I heard the stock plate is hit and miss).

Well, I hope you are convinced or at least find this useful.

Caveat 1: Make sure it is the CREALITY OFFICIAL - because there is an '.eu' web address version which is a reseller (??) disguising as Creality from what I can see on Reddit which was confusing when I was looking initially (Looks very similar - But you can tell because the contact page uses a Gmail address which give you all the hint).

Caveat 2: The Creality official store will show the price in Eur but when you check out it will only allow you to pay in USD. So take that into account and do your own check after conversion from your card you use.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Mine arrived today. What upgrades have people bought, are you just using it straight out of the box?

Mine came with an EU plug so I need to get an adapter.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭drinkingwater

Get to know your printer before spending money on upgrades.

Print some upgrades from thingiverse (display back cover, cable clips, tray, feet dampers, etc.) and then decide what else you need.

I got the ekr mini 1.3 silent motherboard, probably the best upgrade you can get (newer version out now), makes the printer much more quiet. I also changed the magnetic bed to a glass bed, I like the glass more the bottom of the prints are much nicer. I also have it hooked up to a raspberry pi and use octoprint with it.
    Upgraded bed springs, aluminium extruder are some really cheap upgrades and are highly recommended. But spend a few days /weeks with it, and then decide.

The power cable is just a standard UK kettle lead, probably you have one somewhere at home from an old computer or sthing else...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭lau1247

Did anyone build any enclosure for the printer? If yes, what did you do?

I'm thinking of doing one just for the purpose of keeping dust to a minimum, more so than trying to print special material.

Prusa have some using Ikea Lack table. Seems very doable.

https://blog.prusaprinters.org/cheap-simple-3d-printer-enclosure_7785/

What do ye think? Any other suggestion?

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 6,954 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

How strong is the stuff these print? Is it like hard plastic or wood strength? Could you sit on a table made with it? Thanks for previous answers.

This is kind of a how long is a piece of string question. But I think you could make a table you could sit on from 3d printing.

As another poster mentioned, infill does have a roll to play in strength, but a more important factor is the design of the print and the orientation you print it

If you took a shelf bracket and printed it with the L of the bracket on the plate it would insanely stronger than the same bracket printed standing up. The weakest parts of the 3d prints are where the layers meet, so when designing or printing a piece, you should aim to not have the layers where it will experience the force.

For the shelf bracket example, the force will all be experienced at the corner and it will be all vertical forces, so if you printed the piece standing up on the print bed, where the layers meet would experience this force and it break much easier than the other way around.

Now, a better question might be why would you want to build a table out of 3d printing :D

I love it for designing bespoke solutions to problems, but I find it too slow to print things that there are other solutions to. I would never print shelf brackets for example, they are 50c in Ikea and they would take me 6-8 hours to print a pair of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Thanks OP. I always love it when people post bargains for essential everyday products. I don't know how I survived this long without my 3D printed This Is Fine meme dog, which is fresh off the printer after 44 hours from start to finish.

VKuVsG1l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,710 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

This is kind of a how long is a piece of string question. But I think you could make a table you could sit on from 3d printing.

As another poster mentioned, infill does have a roll to play in strength, but a more important factor is the design of the print and the orientation you print it

If you took a shelf bracket and printed it with the L of the bracket on the plate it would insanely stronger than the same bracket printed standing up. The weakest parts of the 3d prints are where the layers meet, so when designing or printing a piece, you should aim to not have the layers where it will experience the force.

For the shelf bracket example, the force will all be experienced at the corner and it will be all vertical forces, so if you printed the piece standing up on the print bed, where the layers meet would experience this force and it break much easier than the other way around.

Now, a better question might be why would you want to build a table out of 3d printing :D

I love it for designing bespoke solutions to problems, but I find it too slow to print things that there are other solutions to. I would never print shelf brackets for example, they are 50c in Ikea and they would take me 6-8 hours to print a pair of them.

Thanks for that excellent explanation!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,040 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Have we a 3d print forum here, can't seem to find one.

Picked up a used ender 3 pro yesterday, first two prints were bang on, bit of a mess trying some this morning though after slicing in cura

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

heads up that this is available at 175 again, with free shipping

I'd budget in a BL touch, fitted one last night it was simple enough, still some fine tuning to do...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

I'd budget in a BL touch, fitted one last night it was simple enough, still some fine tuning to do...

They are very handy! The Chinese version like the 3DTouch seem to work perfectly fine from my experience, I've had two different ones(shipping error) and both seem to have pretty solid consistency when testing with the M48 command.

To be honest it turns into a bit of a modding hobby and you may end up spending enough to have bought another printer :P My current list of upgrades is Pi with camera running octoprint, Silentboard, Glass bed, Capricorn tubing, all metal extruder and 3dTouch. None of these were necessarily necessary bar maybe the bed because I took a chunk out of my old.

I'm still struggling with the BL I think it might be off a slight angle I'll give it another go later on.
    Got the raspberry on adverts for the camera as want to keep an eye if I'm not there and the glass plate has arrived, the one I got with it was hocked very hard to get something to stick.

It's a modders dream alright, I'm enjoying the learning curve though. You've me lost with the command you mentioned but I've seen it mentioned a few times.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lucifer

I have done a few upgrades. Have a pi with octoprint and camera. I got the creality silent board. I have upgraded the bed springs which helps keep it level without needing regular adjustment. They were only about 3 euro. I have an all metal extruder but have not got around to fitting it. Have capricorn tubing ordered and a cheap all metal hotend ordered.

People who upgraded to the bltouch or equivalent, how often were you leveling the bed before getting this? I don't do it too often.

Anyone who is using octoprint, did you all cover the 5v pin on the USB cable to stop random serial disconnects?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭andydurnin

What filliment do people use and where do people get them? Was looking at amazon but not sure of them now since brexit

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Zilog

Be interested to hear how you connected it up, if you can share?
    I have one installed but not done final connection to motherboard yet whilst I'm getting the 'feel' of the printer!
    Looking on YouTube, there appear to be many ways to do, depending on board version (mines a v4.2.2, so 32 bit) or if you compile your own firmware.

Separately, a 3D printing forum would be great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Lucifer wrote: »

Anyone who is using octoprint, did you all cover the 5v pin on the USB cable to stop random serial disconnects?

I had to cover the 5v when I moved to the SKR Mini board as it was causing some issues. When on the original board it was fine. Bit of electrical insulation tape and all good since and it turns the screen off when I power the printer down.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 bryan06

I love my Ender3 Pro! I bought it at the beginning of the pandemic to help produce PPE face visors for nursing homes. It was a steep learning curve at the beginning but its worth it.
    Mods I've done so far -
    Bltouch
    Solid bed mounts
    Silent Mainboard
    Raspberry Pi with Octoprint, webcam and led lights
    Wifi controller power cord
    New psu case with silent fan
    Metal extruder with Capricorn tube

Heres a few of the character/nonfunctional prints I've done:
    https://imgur.com/a/FUoy8yO

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Zilog

bryan06 wrote: »
    Heres a few of the character/nonfunctional prints I've done:
    https://imgur.com/a/FUoy8yO
    They look fantastic! Very impressive.

Thanks. Enjoy your printer!

Zilog wrote: »
    Be interested to hear how you connected it up, if you can share?
    I have one installed but not done final connection to motherboard yet whilst I'm getting the 'feel' of the printer!
    Looking on YouTube, there appear to be many ways to do, depending on board version (mines a v4.2.2, so 32 bit) or if you compile your own firmware.

Separately, a 3D printing forum would be great!

Mine was the 8bit, I just used the creality firmware from the website, flashed it with the usb adapter that came with the kit, after that it was just unplug the zstop and plug in the bltouch, it's only a few minutes work.
    Can't for the life of me get it to put down an even print though, upgraded to glass bed at the same time, I've to do some more playing around to get it right, it's putting down half the print side perfect the other side is all stingy and lifting off the bed.

I've posted up a forum request, support if you can would be great to get all the knowledge in the one place..
    Looking forward to painting tips from Bryan..

Link to request

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058150454/1/#post115941037

I've posted up a forum request, support if you can would be great to get all the knowledge in the one place..
    Looking forward to painting tips from Bryan..

Link to request

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058150454/1/#post115941037
    Haha I'm just starting to learn.

As for your problem with getting an even layer. Do you use Octoprint by any chance? Theres a plugin called Bed Visualizer which is great for seeing whats going on with your bed.
    Screenshot%202021-01-16%20at%2019.35.52.png?dl=1
    I had a problem before where I couldn't get things level and it turned out that my z axis rollers were loose on the right hand side causing the head to be at an angle.

That's great haven't set up octoprint yet but have the raspberry and camera, I'll definitely check that out..

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭andydurnin

Can anyone recommend a website or youtube channel for the likes of me who would be a complete beginner. I'd love to get into 3d printing.

• Advertisement

andydurnin wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a website or youtube channel for the likes of me who would be a complete beginner. I'd love to get into 3d printing.

https://old.reddit.com/r/3Dprinting/wiki/gettingstarted

:)

Advertisement