Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

LIDL plus app

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭logically

go4it wrote: »
    refined sarcasm for elites ....hard to find these days.

@offtopic : as a working class Joe , any food stuff available in the shop for sale i assume is safe to eat . maybe not as nutritious/ eco friendly / hipster / exotic as other food stuff x3 times the price, but it's safe to eat .

i've been raised to appreciate any food that we have on the table ( but that's just how my parents taught me) and was growing up watching the adds with kids in other parts of the world starving ( been watching the adds for 30+ years now, btw)

I do remember how people scrambled for a slice of bread when snow was up to the knees back in march 2018

I shop almost exclusively in Lidl. My post was just poking some fun at the ongoing thread in BA which I never imagined would keep going as long as it has, with constant posting about the contents of the week to week deals available in the app. My thinking on a BA is that it's something one off and specific as opposed to long term free advertising for Lidl on boards.

Their food quality is perfect, and I'm glad they have offered a choice to Irish consumers.

PS - I've been watching ads for charities helping developing countries for over 50 years.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Missed out on the scratch card on Sunday, there was an error when it should have come up and didn't appear afterwards. I contacted customer service via their website yesterday and got this back this morning:
    A technical issue has lead to some customers not receiving scratch and win prizes over the weekend. The issue has now been identified and resolved. We have now added a good will €2.00 coupon on to your Lidl Plus account for the inconvenience.

The €2 is almost certainly worth more than whatever the Scratch and Win item was going to be so I am happy with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭tx_tx

logically wrote: »
    some fun at the ongoing thread in BA which I never imagined would keep going as long as it has, with constant posting about the contents of the week to week deals available in the app. My thinking on a BA is that it's something one off and specific as opposed to long term free advertising for Lidl on boards.

Free advertising I'm not sure, people following this thread are already Lidl fans.

I like that I can read here what's the scratch card today, or what will be the offers in the app next week, without having to go in store myself every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭J_A_F_A

Same. I use the share option to email myself a copy of any receipt that has a warranty item. Major items have multiple backups.
    <SNIP>
    Great for budgeting and household expenses and refunds or warranties :D
    Even if im not using any deal vouchers I still use it

Green tea (4 types) or marmalade (2 types) on the scratch card today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,294 ✭✭✭✭zell12

tx_tx wrote: »
    Green tea (4 types) or marmalade (2 types) on the scratch card today.
    Decent choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I’ve given up on this, not worth smothering my phone with Covid 19 for a quid off :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,143 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

vicwatson wrote: »
    I’ve given up on this, not worth smothering my phone with Covid 19 for a quid off :-)

How about if they gave a free vaccine in your next shop when you swipe you card?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Your phone stays in your hand and you scan it same as using your phone/card to pay
    How’s that smothering your phone in covid ?
    It should work like that but doesn't. That hole you stick your phone into is awkward and sometimes takes a few seconds to beep. And at this stage i know how to do it but even so.
    I've lost count of the number of times lidl staff have tried to help by trying to take my phone to do it for me:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

123654789 wrote: »
    It should work like that but doesn't. That hole you stick your phone into is awkward and sometimes takes a few seconds to beep. And at this stage i know how to do it but even so.
    I've lost count of the number of times lidl staff have tried to help by trying to take my phone to do it for me:mad:

Same for me.
    I suggested to the manager that they move the reader closer to the screen so you didn't have to put your phone and hand through the hole.
    He said they were put in before the screens and couldn't be moved.

• Advertisement

Popped in early, jaffa cakes or italian passata on the scratch card.

Wasn't paying attention one day and thought the bloke ahead of me had paid his €76 bill and was finished so I scanned my App while the bloke was packing his shopping.
    The staff member just looked at me (in a not nice way) but wasn't sure why.
    Turned out the guy hadn't paid and I had to apologise profusely but he said he had no vouchers to claim anyway so ended up all good and I retained all my teeth :).

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

okidoki987 wrote: »
    The staff member just looked at me (in a not nice way) but wasn't sure why.

You need to wait :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,858 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Renjit wrote: »

When it came out first one of the staff told me to scan it as soon as I start unpacking to speed thing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

vicwatson wrote: »

How is this any different to holding your card to pay for something even by contactless, or picking something up from the shelf that someone else has potentially touched?

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

The card / mobile scanner is a bit awkward as its hard to tell if its scanned. You need to listen closely you will hear an audible BLEEP when it scans but it can be hard to hear over the till worker scanning your groceries at the same time. The BLEEP i think is a bit different from the scanner BLEEPS :D
    Definitly a bit of a pain sticking it through the hole. You would think it would be a fairly easy fix to place it near the packaging bay or extend the scanner out a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

for anyone wondering about not getting scratch cards it used to be on the main page of the app but now it's in with your receipts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

casio4 wrote: »
    for anyone wondering about not getting scratch cards it used to be on the main page of the app but now it's in with your receipts

Huh? I cant find mine anywhere. I click the three dots in the bottom right corner labeled "More" then click into "Digital Receipts". There is nothing but my receipts in there.

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

ok sorry if your scratch card isn't in receipts but mine was today for the first time

• Advertisement

I was in Lidl 4 times today, used my App and OH's and got 3 scratch cards all were on main page.
    Thanks for the info, I'll know for the next time ;).

I was in Lidl 4 times today, used my App and OH's and got 3 scratch cards all were on main page..
    :eek:
    Jeez, leave some stock for the rest of us!

I was in Lidl 4 times today

4 times by 4pm is a good start :D

zell12 wrote: »
    :eek:
    Jeez, leave some stock for the rest of us!

That's a bad day for me ;), sometimes it's 6 times :eek:.
    Normally depends on how many other people can't get out themselves and need a few items so I'd say I'll be out another couple of times later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

That's a bad day for me ;), sometimes it's 6 times :eek:.
    Normally depends on how many other people can't get out themselves and need a few items so I'd say I'll be out another couple of times later on.

Do u go to the same Lidl or different ones? The only time I go to lidl more than once in a day is if I’m trying to get a particular product and I’m trying different stores to get it.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    They said they are shopping for other people that can’t get out
    I do the same for meals and wheels clients, some folks haven’t left the house since March last year it’s sad but what choice do they have with this virus

Ya doesn’t mean they go to the same lidl?

fin12 wrote: »
    Do u go to the same Lidl or different ones? The only time I go to lidl more than once in a day is if I’m trying to get a particular product and I’m trying different stores to get it.

Different ones, not that you'd notice when you are inside nowadays.

Next scratch card is €1 off next shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

I just got a €10 off €50 voucher on my app. Wouldn’t be a regular customer. It was a “we miss you” voucher.

• Advertisement

I just got a €10 off €50 voucher on my app. Wouldn’t be a regular customer. It was a “we miss you” voucher.

That’s a good one.

Advertisement