Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread #2]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Can confirm Dunnes have both 470 and 500 slabs of Guinness for €23.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

TheDriver wrote: »

Jesus thats a good price !! My presses will be bulging at this stage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,839 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Jesus thats a good price !! My presses will be bulging at this stage :D

I actually can't drink anymore of it. 2 slabs in the boot of the car and 2 in the press at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭rogeyspoint

I think that i saw 24 x Coors Light Cans for €25 in Dunnes the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

TheDriver wrote: »

Just back from Dunnes 500ml slabs Guinness €25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭adam240610

Yellow Dog wrote: »
    Lucky you.

When I go to site it says not available.

Went to local Tesco and could not find any.

Mine also said not available when going to order which is annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 15,780 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I wonder will dunnes still give you a 10 off 50 voucher if you spend 50 on booze?

• Registered Users Posts: 80,798 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

Seve OB wrote: »
    I wonder will dunnes still give you a 10 off 50 voucher if you spend 50 on booze?

No it's excluded from gaining points/vouchers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Seve OB wrote: »

No I bought 2 slabs and didn't get a voucher I even scanned my clubcard and then realised there is no point

• Registered Users Posts: 14,086 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Tesco have Lomza Export Lager €5 for 4 500ml cans.

It's 5.7% so be careful :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

elperello wrote: »

That is only lovely beer. I don't think I ever managed to drink all four though. (Female)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

That is only lovely beer. I don't think I ever managed to drink all four though. (Female)

Would it be anything like the old XXL beer?

Hey us women can drink just as well as the men lol...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,060 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

casio4 wrote: »
    Just back from Dunnes 500ml slabs Guinness €25

Just back from Dunnes Jetland SC in Limerick, 500ml slabs are €25 and they also had a stack of 470ml slabs marked @ €23.

fin12 wrote: »
    Would it be anything like the old XXL beer?

Hey us women can drink just as well as the men lol...

I never had that. The Lomza Export is a really nice tasty beer. It's not cheap, usually about 8 euro for a 4 pack. It would be higher end, but not craft.

And yes, us women can knock a good bit back :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,060 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Lomza Export is lovely, I actually find it nicer from the can than the bottle.

bazz26 wrote: »
    Lomza Export is lovely, I actually find it nicer from the can than the bottle.

I'm not gone on bottles. It is one nice beer with a good kick to it but not like the cheapo ones where you'd be dying afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭beachhead

casio4 wrote: »
    No I bought 2 slabs and didn't get a voucher I even scanned my clubcard and then realised there is no point

Discounts-vouchers banned by law since 11th Jan That includes no points awarded with store cards.Guinness 500ml slabs in my local Dunnes for e23.None at all in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Hespy

I think that i saw 24 x Coors Light Cans for €25 in Dunnes the other day.
    €25 is a lot for 12L of gone off water. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭headnorth

Supervalu

Screenshot-20210114-100001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Glad to have you back headnorth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭93Cab

Hespy wrote: »
    €25 is a lot for 12L of gone off water. :P

These posts are becoming quite tiresome! If someone goes to the trouble to post a bargain alert on beer snide comments on the beer in question are not really contributing any thing. Yes, everybody knows that the beer in question does not meet universal approval, yes we know it doesn’t conform to the reinheitsgebot, so unless you have a meaningful contribution stfu!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭CWF

elperello wrote: »

Nice one I'll give that a go

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭dubstepper

My brother raves about Lomza Export. I think he has shares in the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Does anyone reckon they might eventually get around this by selling beer brewing kits at some off licenses and supermarkets? I've been brewing for a few years (hence being far less active on this thread than pre-2018 :D:D:D ) so I'm biased but it does seem like a no brainer - replace or augment the bottom shelf stuff with simple ingredient kits which make 40 500ml bottles for c.€15 in a month or so. I'm actually amazed breweries haven't started making their own pre-hopped malt extracts for this purpose, it would be literally impossible to regulate as all of the ingredients are used every day in regular cooking - particularly if you're making homebrew cider.

Imagine walking into an Offie and buying a box for €30 which would make 40 bottles of Brewdog or O'Haras in a couple of weeks? Would be a complete game changer. Apart from the sugar tax I really don't see any way they could regulate this price-wise without it also effecting basic cooking and baking ingredients.

Very much thinking of those grape packages they sold in the US during prohibition, upon which there was apparently a note to the effect of "WARNING: Do not boil the contents of this box, add yeast, and leave in a sealed container for several weeks - you may inadvertently create an illegal alcoholic beverage" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Does anyone reckon they might eventually get around this by selling beer brewing kits at some off licenses and supermarkets? I've been brewing for a few years (hence being far less active on this thread than pre-2018 :D:D:D ) so I'm biased but it does seem like a no brainer - replace or augment the bottom shelf stuff with simple ingredient kits which make 40 500ml bottles for c.€15 in a month or so. I'm actually amazed breweries haven't started making their own pre-hopped malt extracts for this purpose, it would be literally impossible to regulate as all of the ingredients are used every day in regular cooking - particularly if you're making homebrew cider.

Imagine walking into an Offie and buying a box for €30 which would make 40 bottles of Brewdog or O'Haras in a couple of weeks? Would be a complete game changer. Apart from the sugar tax I really don't see any way they could regulate this price-wise without it also effecting basic cooking and baking ingredients.

Very much thinking of those grape packages they sold in the US during prohibition, upon which there was apparently a note to the effect of "WARNING: Do not boil the contents of this box, add yeast, and leave in a sealed container for several weeks - you may inadvertently create an illegal alcoholic beverage" :D

This sounds a lot like what actually happened in prohibition times

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

24 500ml guinness still 25 euro in dunnes. Was in dunnes Douglas cork today full pallet. I now have enough to do me for a few weeks I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,780 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

nice idea but would people really be bothered?
    i mean you could be doing this for the last 30 years, yes im sure the quality is much better nowadays, but how many people do it to save a few quid, little to none i imagine. id say the only people who do it are doing it as a hobby as much as anything.
    also, you might think it is an easy process but i think you'd be surprised at how many people would make a balls of it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,086 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Not disagreeing with you on the mechanics of home brewing, you are obviously an enthusiast and good luck to you.

However, I would prefer not to have to take up a new hobby to be able to drink in moderation in my own home

I only want the marketplace to decide the price of the drink I enjoy not some over zealous neo-prohibitionist politician.

Clearly too much to expect in our Republic.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

dubstepper wrote: »
    My brother raves about Lomza Export. I think he has shares in the company.
    I am quite partial to the unfiltered Lomza myself. If only that was available in four-can multipacks...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

MOLSON 1 EURO A CAN IN TESCO

Advertisement