Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭patch

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Have an unopened fimi 2020 battery if anyone is interested? €60 on bangood. I'll sell it for €55 including post.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Stop touching yourself

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Just got my air 2 there. Rushing home to set it up haha.

I don't notice any fimi 2020 editions on adverts.

There is a new ad here with a lot of accessories included:

https://www.adverts.ie/other-photography/xiaomi-fimi-x8-se-2020-4k-hdr-camera-drone/22444365

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Have an unopened fimi 2020 battery if anyone is interested? €60 on bangood. I'll sell it for €55 including post.

Still available?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

irishgeo wrote: »
    Still available?

Sorry, all gone since the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kingkevlaw

Suckit wrote: »

Hey Suckit, how did u get it for that price, have applied code, but price actually goes up to take off 60 euros

kingkevlaw wrote: »
    Hey Suckit, how did u get it for that price, have applied code, but price actually goes up to take off 60 euros

It discounts for me, but only removes the shipping now.

It could be expired or also might still work for the CN warehouse. I didn't double check.

This is the updated link with price changed with exchange rate as was originally 12th December and is supposed to expire on 31st December.

€322/€295 (original code) from here with code BGFIMIWE
    https://www.banggood.com/FIMI-X8-SE-2020-8KM-FPV-With-3-axis-Gimbal-4K-Camera-HDR-Video-GPS-35mins-Flight-Time-RC-Quadcopter-RTF-One-Battery-Version-p-1658676.html?cur_warehouse=ES

These codes should also work (different links/sellers)

With storage bag and two batteries - €354 from Spain - Code BGFIMITB or BGFIMIX8TES

https://www.banggood.com/FIMI-X8-SE-2020-8KM-FPV-With-3-axis-Gimbal-4K-Camera-GPS-RC-Drone-Quadcopter-RTF-Two-Batteries-Version-p-1658677.html?cur_warehouse=ES

If they don't work properly, It would be better to wait a short while, it seems to be on 'sale' a lot, will likley be a new code very soon.
    Don't forget to use Topcashback.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Just ordered the 2 batteries / bag version from Spain . €365 before TCB. Expected to ship by the 29th. Nice birthday to myself

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

£19 just confirmed.

Ordered from Spain. Shipped on the 29th of Dec according to tracking number I got. Still in Spain as of the 31st with no further updates.

Is this brexit slowing things down or is shipping from Spain normally slow?

Estimated delivery was the 7th

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CFC007

Big snow storm in Spain this week would be your issue.
    godtabh wrote: »
    Ordered from Spain. Shipped on the 29th of Dec according to tracking number I got. Still in Spain as of the 31st with no further updates.

Is this brexit slowing things down or is shipping from Spain normally slow?

Estimated delivery was the 7th

Was that not the last two/three days?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kingkevlaw

i actually ordered after you and mine got delivered today

Is your shipping with GLS?

GLS are taking on others workloads and are slowed down as a result. I have found shipping from Spain relatively fast, but recently not so much.
    GLS from Germany are about 4 days slower than normal, but I don't think I have used them from Spain since the delays began.

kingkevlaw wrote: »
    i actually ordered after you and mine got delivered today

Is your shipping with GLS?

I think so. Gls Ireland doesn’t show anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Nothing too fancy, just a bit of fun chasing the brothers RC plane with my X8 SE :)

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

Right not sure I need one really but this seems like a great price for the quality, extra batteries etc and I do love a gadget. Had a quick look at the video and I dont think there are any crash control sensors on it. How much or any issue is this for a novice ? I've flown the brother in laws DJI a few times and never came close to having a tip. I suppose the question is how much more would you expect to pay for one with the reassurance of crash control sensors. Also this one looks large so I assume it would have to be registered ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭serarra

Anything over 250g has to be registered.
    Yes, it has to, but most of the djis have to as well.
    If you need the avoidance sensors, you should not be flying it, having in consideration that you need to be able to see the drone at all times (even if this one can fly something like 8km away)
    And the dji with sensors, you need to register as well, is the big one. The spark (249 so does not need registration) has only the downward sensor, like the fimi. But on windy conditions, fimi is better, because of size.

Suckit wrote: »

Going to pull the trigger on one of these. Is this the best value one to go for at the moment ?

Right not sure I need one really but this seems like a great price for the quality...
    Going to pull the trigger on one of these. Is this the best value one to go for at the moment ?

Just some of my thoughts based on the queries above;

- Firstly this is a great drone at this price point. It has a lot of tech and features which higher spec'd models have. It's priced so that it won't break the bank, and more importantly, won't break your heart if you happen to crash it. It is a lot of fun and highly capable in many situations for the average user, and handles well in Irish weather.

- It doesn't have obstacle avoidance, but this really is not a necessity, especially for the average user. It's an expensive feature to add, and takes you to a different bracket of drone. The Mavic Mini, a competitor to the X8 for most people, also doesn't have it. And the likes of the Mavic Air 2 which do have it, are €600+

- In my opinion, you definitely need somewhat of an interest in video editing and/or content creation to get the most out of your drone. A lot of people don't seem to realise the novelty of flying a drone and having hours of boring footage can wear off very quickly, and leads to drones lying idle in peoples houses for months or up on DoneDeal with very little flight time. Most of my SD card footage consists of a couple of hours of raw footage and ends up being a 5 minute video after using the most varied and smooth shots.

- As mentioned above, from the IAA, all drone operators using any drone over 250grams, or those with a camera or sensor need to be registered, which includes the FIMI X8.

Hopefully this helps anyone on the fence about purchasing the drone! :)

Thanks Nutzz, I wouldn't actually mind editing footage but I suppose it does pose another question. How user friendly is said editing software ? Let's say I've an hours footage taken up the coast and want to edit it to a 5 minute video...how long are we talking to pull it together and is basic s/w reasonably priced...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Thanks Nutzz, I wouldn't actually mind editing footage but I suppose it does pose another question. How user friendly is said editing software ? Let's say I've an hours footage taken up the coast and want to edit it to a 5 minute video...how long are we talking to pull it together and is basic s/w reasonably priced...

Great question! I would like to know this as well please.

Many thanks,
    M

Unfortunately it's a little bit like asking 'how long is a piece of string'! But I'll give my opinion.

- You don't have to spend any money on video editing software. The likes of HitFilm Express or Movie Maker on PC and iMovie on Mac are great little starting points which are free. They provide all the basics for cutting together a little video, transitions, filters etc and give a surprising amount of options and choices. Then you have the paid software, the likes of Adobe Premier Pro or Final Cut Pro. These are fully stacked editing software which allow you to create high quality and professional standard videos, but do require skill and experience.

- As regards to how long a video can take to edit, well that depends on the amount of editing you're looking to do and skill level. For basic editing, stitching together and trimming shots, with simple transitions, it really might not take you long at all. But if you want to start playing with effects, colour grading etc. it could take you hours/days depending on how much footage you have and the length of the final video!

Now that's a very basic generalisation I've made there just to give you an idea. Skill level plays a big part, what takes me 2 hours to edit, might take someone else 15 minutes or vice versa!

Ordered one on Friday night late and it appears to be on the way from DE although according to Banggood it was shipping CZ. Looking at the DHL AWB it will ship into Ireland DHL will hand off to An Post for last mile delivery, which seems odd.

Anyway, can someone recommend the largest size table the controller and the cheapest as it will be used only with the drone so cheap and cheerful please. I've a spare Iphone 7 alright but I fancy something a little bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭serarra

An ipad mini I think.
    Although I got this https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07B4DP1WN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    and now I use my huawei m5 tablet (10") instead of the phone.

madmoe wrote: »
    The fee is gone up to €30 since November 1st :-(

For anyone interested I registered and did the training yesterday and the cost was €5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 icepilgrim

There is a deal over on Hot UK Deals today for Pinnacle Studio 24 Ultimate | Advanced Video Editing Software - 73p @ Humble Bundle.
    Says regular price is 129 USD. Might be of use for those looking at video editing for drone footage.

Question for those more familiar with drones. I'm a newbie and just got a DJI Mavic Mini and already thinking of upgrading. And I registered with IAA. I note that you are supposed to keep drones within visual line of sight, unless you carry a license for a "Specific Category" to go beyond that. There are various courses available on same to get same which seemed more aimed that commercial users rather than hobbyists and are rather expensive to complete (more than cost of drone). Anyone venture down that path and find an relatively inexpensive way of getting appropriate license?

Advertisement