Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Athletic - Subscription - £1 per month for 12 months

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

fitzparker wrote: »
    Is there any new deals for existing customers. mine runs out 2nd Dec ( i did last years black Friday deal)

they want $60 now which I wont be going with

£1 deal is still available, just use a different email address.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,448 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

dashcam123 wrote: »
    You might make a saving for now but this will come back to bite you.

How?

You sign up for 12 months at £12 and cancel your subscription when it’s almost over (or perhaps you can do it well in advance without losing the sub, even easier)

The only way it can bite you is if you automatically renew at the full price. Which is fully in everyone’s control.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭lazyman

Thanks OP, this is a great offer,
    My subscription ended yesterday so I renewed today using the link and same email address and happy days, £1 a month for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,990 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

fitzparker wrote: »
    Is there any new deals for existing customers. mine runs out 2nd Dec ( i did last years black Friday deal)

they want $60 now which I wont be going with

Mine was the same. Opt to cancel and you will get an email within a few hours offering it for half price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fitzparker

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Mine was the same. Opt to cancel and you will get an email within a few hours offering it for half price.

I'll wait around, would rather it than set up a new account

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭badker

How many devices can you use the subscription on or how does it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,990 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

badker wrote: »
    How many devices can you use the subscription on or how does it work?

Yes, you can log in to your account on all of your devices. If you're having trouble logging in to one of your devices, please contact us by clicking here to regain access to your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Seems like it's permanently on offer - but £1 a month for a year in their ""Black Friday Sale", ends Monday it says

http://theathletic.com/blackfriday

It really is well worth it at that price

Near permanent offer it seems, £1 a month via
    https://theathletic.com/checkout2/boxingday

• Registered Users Posts: 27,630 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Soarer wrote: »
    At this link.

Reverts to £7.99 afterwards.

Don't know how long this offer will last, but it's silly cheap at £1 a month.

This link is still working for £1 per month for 12 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Any way to filter out the women's football news? I can't imagine 99% of subscribers having any interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Klopp

TitianGerm wrote: »

Thanks, my subscription expired 26th Dec. and I was looking around for a deal, I never thought of checking in Bargain Alerts until tonight. This link still working, just received confirmation new subscription for 12 months at £1 per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Redo91

Klopp wrote: »
    Thanks, my subscription expired 26th Dec. and I was looking around for a deal, I never thought of checking in Bargain Alerts until tonight. This link still working, just received confirmation new subscription for 12 months at £1 per month.

Doesn’t seem to be working for me. I’m just getting 30% off when I click on that link. Subscription is due up next month so I’m on the lookout for a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭franglan

TitianGerm wrote: »

Worked for me today

Redo91 wrote: »
    Doesn’t seem to be working for me. I’m just getting 30% off when I click on that link. Subscription is due up next month so I’m on the lookout for a deal.
    Try opening it in an incognito browser window. They won't let you renew at that price so it doesn't show if our already logged in

• Registered Users Posts: 8,842 ✭✭✭Soarer

Or just logout.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,198 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Can you pay with revolut?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,176 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Can you pay with revolut?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 17,574 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Got 2 months for a pound, will see if its any good.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

6 wrote: »
    Yes

How

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

How

The same as you pay for anything else?

The same as you pay for anything else?

I mean on the athletic site where's the option to pay by revolut? Guessing you need a revolut card though

I mean on the athletic site where's the option to pay by revolut? Guessing you need a revolut card though

You sign up, enter your payment details. Obviously if you don't have a Revolut account you can't pay with Revolut.

You sign up, enter your payment details. Obviously if you don't have a Revolut account you can't pay with Revolut.

Only gives me option to pay by Google pay (my debit card) or PayPal. Have money in my revolut account that I'd use. Do I need a physical revolut card? Only have the online account.

Only gives me option to pay by Google pay (my debit card) or PayPal. Have money in my revolut account that I'd use. Do I need a physical revolut card? Only have the online account.

You can use the virtual Revolut card with both Google Pay and PayPal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Revolut will give you a virtual card, use that to pay like with any other credit card

• Registered Users Posts: 45,176 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

The Athletic website let me add my regular revolut card.

Account
    Subscription
    Add new card

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Any deals going for this again? My subscription is nearly up in August .

The deal last year was super at £1 a month .

• Advertisement
Advertisement