Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to buy Televisions online that ship to Ireland

• 02-01-2010 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

All,
    I've been looking to buy the Samsung UE40B7020, and obviously I've shopped around on the internet....my problem is this all the shops that are selling it cheap (relatively cheap) don't or won't ship to Ireland.
    for example Amazon don't....and there it would have cost around €1200 (which is my budget)...if they delivered....Pixmania will deliver for €1400 as will a few others for around €1400 but at those prices I'd be better buying it from my local shop...so if there are any retailers that will ship to Ireland please let me know!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 FK_10

You should try komplett.ie, they ship to Ireland and have a good range.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭bonzer1again

Had a look, Thanks....just my luck they don't have the TV I'm after...any other sites?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭TheBigEvil

Try http://www.direct-tvs.co.uk/

I Used them a year ago and bought two 32" tvs a Sony for myself and Samsung for the Father in law.

Good service, prompt delivery, no issues whatsoever. Both TVs still running fine today, and saved quite a few hundred on both TVs compared to thier highstreet price here.

They give an indicative price in EUR, and shipping was only 40-50 extra if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Chiron

re: Direct-Tvs above, if you call the number provided for the ROI you can haggle and get another few €'s off!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭bonzer1again

Thanks Everyone!! TV-Direct gave a good quote....waiting to hear back from richersounds.ie too, in order to compare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Dr.TV

Check out Pixmania.ie. My TV i bought 2 weeks ago (Samsung LE46B620) Is cheaper on pixmania than directtv's.co.uk. Thats before the bank rip the crap out of your credit card for buying non euro amd give you a crap sterling rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,542 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I bought a 50" Panasonic plasma on eBay, from a UK seller and they did a brilliant job of shipping it to me.

It was on it's own pallet, strapped upright and then entombed in sticky black plastic like they use to wrap bales, thus further securing it and making it waterproof.

The seller was entertainmentxclusive

Shipping was about £119, which was very reasonable. I had quotes of over £300 and that was just to Dublin and no further.

That seller does not have the set you are looking for, but they do have a Panasonic TX-P50G10 Plasma for £999. This is the model with the inbuilt Freesat HD receiver and glowing reviews.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PANASONIC-TX-P50G10-600Hz-FULL-HD-1080p-TXP50G10-PLASMA_W0QQitemZ200417278827QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_AudioTVElectronics_Video_Televisions?hash=item2ea9ccfb6b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭bealfeirste5

Have you had a look at currys.co.uk?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Ninjakettle

richersounds.com They have a presence on this forum and offer discounts to forum members. Basic procedure is to browse the UK site and then contact the irish branch and they'll do a decent rate £ to € conversion for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

+ 1 for richersounds, they will price match too. Also they are involved with the Philips shop in Dublin too and their TVs are winning many awards currently.
    richersounds.com They have a presence on this forum and offer discounts to forum members. Basic procedure is to browse the UK site and then contact the irish branch and they'll do a decent rate £ to € conversion for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭aidannulty

i bought a samsung le46a856 tv from here this time last year inc shipping it cost €1200. the same tv in harvey norman was over €2000. The tv is excellent but the shipping took over a week.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

aidannulty wrote: »
    i bought a samsung le46a856 tv from here this time last year inc shipping it cost €1200. the same tv in harvey norman was over €2000. The tv is excellent but the shipping took over a week.

Where is here?? RicherSounds.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭aidannulty

sorry for delay in replying. www.1staudiovisual.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭jony_dols

All,
    I've been looking to buy the Samsung UE40B7020, and obviously I've shopped around on the internet....my problem is this all the shops that are selling it cheap (relatively cheap) don't or won't ship to Ireland.
    for example Amazon don't....and there it would have cost around €1200 (which is my budget)...if they delivered....Pixmania will deliver for €1400 as will a few others for around €1400 but at those prices I'd be better buying it from my local shop...so if there are any retailers that will ship to Ireland please let me know!

Use a US price comparison site such as Bizrate.com to find the TV model that you are looking for.

However none of them deliver to Ireland. Don't fear though, because there is an unbelievable service provided by bundlebox.com, they give you an address for their US warehouse (in which you use to buy the TV), and because they have a deal with FedEX, they provide very cheap shipping & they pay the import duties & VAT on the TV for you.

The 3D TV in which bought using this method costs 2200 euro in Harvey Norman. I bought the exact same TV, brand new including Shipment & Import duties icl. VAT (and I got a free wall mount worth $149) for 1475 euro!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 mabozarichie

jony_dols wrote: »
    Use a US price comparison site such as Bizrate.com to find the TV model that you are looking for.

However none of them deliver to Ireland. Don't fear though, because there is an unbelievable service provided by bundlebox.com, they give you an address for their US warehouse (in which you use to buy the TV), and because they have a deal with FedEX, they provide very cheap shipping & they pay the import duties & VAT on the TV for you.

The 3D TV in which bought using this method costs 2200 euro in Harvey Norman. I bought the exact same TV, brand new including Shipment & Import duties icl. VAT (and I got a free wall mount worth $149) for 1475 euro!

Interesting 1st post :rolleyes:

Interesting 1st post :rolleyes:

Im not a spammer. I was looking around on boards.ie for a few weeks trying to find a cheap online company that delivered TV's to Ireland, and I found nothing. Everything I found quoted on komplett.ie or pixmania.ie was extortionate prices when compared to the prices Americans get on amazon.com ect.

The only reason I signed up was to let people know of my very positive past experience I had with Bundlebox.com (it is a well recognised company that has gotten plenty of media coverage on the net and it certainly doesn't need my endorsement), I just wanted to get the word out before Xmas that people can get US priced electronics & clothes delivered straight to your door for dirt cheap.

You can go ahead and get ripped off in D.I.D or Harvey Norman if you want mabozarichie , I'm not stopping you. But I just saved the guts of 800 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭JimiMac

Are there not problems buying tv's from the US such as voltages and tuners etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

JimiMac wrote: »
    Are there not problems buying tv's from the US such as voltages and tuners etc?
    Yep, won't work. Total waste of money.

JonathonS wrote: »
    Yep, won't work. Total waste of money.

You must be living in the 1980's, because practically all modern electronics (my TV included) have Universal voltage, that works in the US or Europe, without the need of any extras. Also my Sky box and PS3 works perfectly on my TV, without any extras tuners or adapters.

So I don't really see how its a waste of money. The last TV I bought prior to the one I got from the US, was from Expert. Now that was a waste of money.

Are you speaking from any 1st hand experience?

Sorry, thought you were buying a TV, not a monitor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I got an LG 50 inch Plasma and an LG 22 inch LED LCD for less than €1200 delivered from Pixmania, took 5 days and everything was 100%

Of course they are no use to anyone that needs a tuner but I have Sky so was not a consideration for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭jaytobe

mad muffin wrote: »
    I got an LG 50 inch Plasma and an LG 22 inch LED LCD for less than €1200 delivered from Pixmania, took 5 days and everything was 100%

Of course they are no use to anyone that needs a tuner but I have Sky so was not a consideration for me.
    Quick query...do you only need a tuner if you don't have a Sky/freesat/free to air box?

jaytobe wrote: »
    Quick query...do you only need a tuner if you don't have a Sky/freesat/free to air box?

Yes that's right.

Since the French TV uses a different one that Irish Tv's use.

Also since I posted the LG 50PK760 has gone down in price from €899 to €799

Tks...Did post here on another thread for a new 40' TV if you can throw any advice my way
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056076488

• Registered Users Posts: 8 anthonyk125

what ever you buy dont buy a tv from the us if there is a fault you will have a lot of trouble with warranty and stuff if it has to go back to the vendor buy from an irish retailer after vat and import duty it works out the same dont mind what that other guy said

what ever you buy dont buy a tv from the us if there is a fault you will have a lot of trouble with warranty and stuff if it has to go back to the vendor buy from an irish retailer after vat and import duty it works out the same dont mind what that other guy said

Who here is going to buy a TV from the U.S.?

Has anyone seen wall mounted brackets for TVs over 32"...went looking yesterday and it didn't seem like it.

mad muffin wrote: »
    Who here is going to buy a TV from the U.S.?

You mean apart from Jony D in post #15 above?? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 InkDispatch

So if I want a TV with Saorview tuner does anyone have any ideas to get a cheap tv online?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭recycled

Hi,
    Was their any power issues, as in different voltages?

Advertisement