Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

11 yr/old drag kid worshiped within LGBTQ community (Mod warning op)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

banie01 wrote: »
    There is an awful lot wrong with how this kid is treated and the leeway that his being associated with LGBTQ groups is basically allowing a free pass for extremely questionable parenting.

IMHO the community needs to take a stand on this, to call out the ethical and moral issues this raises and address them head on.
    Rather than lionize an exploited child as an example of "pride", surely it's more appropriate to ensure a safe, and unsexualised or even open to such misinterpretation childhood than it is to make a kid a fùcking Gogo dancer for tips!?

There are many who are calling it out in the LGBT community online - they know what is going on, the creeping legitimisation. And yet instead of calling such activities out Dr James Cantor, prominent Canadian clinical psychologist and sexologist, has very recently tweeted this...

https://twitter.com/JamesCantorPhD/status/1071499969910198274

• Registered Users Posts: 32,875 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

DS86DS wrote: »
    It's the same approach to when a terrorist attack happens and the repeated mantra of

"That it had nothing to do with Islam"

Disagree and get punished :rolleyes:

Two posts and you're brought in Trump and terorrism.

This is nothing to do with either, and plenty are people are disagreeing with the topic and are not getting any sanctions, as you'd know if you actually looked at the reality once in a while.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I didn't say that it wasn't bad parenting I said that's not how the parents of the child would view it from their perspective.

So now his parents went from being bad parents to being paedos that's a fairly big leap to make.

No, groomed to be exploited by them is what I said. A child performing in this way to support an entire family on the grounds that it's "what he wants to do" is exploitation and given that they started introducing him to these elements at 2 years of age, there is grooming involved too IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭AbdulAbhaile

major bill wrote: »
    The United States of America aka the worlds biggest open air asylum!!

this is not normal. Poor kid

Yea, build the wall, keep them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,340 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Zorya wrote: »
    There are many who are calling it out in the LGBT community online - they know what is going on, the creeping legitimisation. And yet instead of calling such activities out Dr James Cantor, prominent Canadian clinical psychologist and sexologist, has very recently tweeted this...

The spectre of NAMBLA and the "rights" of certain groups really will try and attach themselves to any coat tail and try to normalize societal views of their predilections.
    And in an age when taking a firm position is all too often seen as being homophobic, misandric or mysoginist it is very worrying how much caché they can carry before being called out openly!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

The whole LGBT pride thing is surely passed it sell by date at this stage. It seems to promulgate a ridiculous camp stereotype.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

I think its weird and distubring , Im 'lgbt', the boy will have severe mental health issues later inlife as he is being placed in a highly sexualised environment that he cannot fully comprehend at his age
    Anyone who thinks this is great is probably a paedophile and these paedophiles happen to be gay, why does it have to mean all gay people are accepting or even condoning of this stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,226 ✭✭✭cgcsb

The whole LGBT pride thing is surely passed it sell by date at this stage. It seems to promulgate a ridiculous camp stereotype.

Oh sweetie if u wanna pick that scab this ain't the place for it. Certainly telling gay people that an aspect of gay culture is 'passed it' is going to get you a right telling off. Maybe paddy's day is past it?

Panthro wrote: »
    I had to Google NOMAPS.
    Too many Acronyms in today's world.
    WTF like, lol.

So did I have to google those acronyms, now I know I knew (three decades ago) a NOMAP HEBE, who would have been a MAP but that the 12/13 year old’s father ordered him (aged 21 at home) out of the boy’s life when he caught him tightly hugging the boy in his hallway as a parting gesture as he left him home. The man concerned could be described as a community volunteer, and had an aura of responsibility and respectability, such as the boys parents and others thought of him as a fine young pillar of a lower middle class/working class community who was going places in life. Declared to me privately he was in love with the boy, but insisted on being identified solely as Gay, having little or no interest in females. Has remained to this day a gay rights & gender equality activist verging on the political sphere, could even appear on election posters one day. There were others quite like him as volunteers in same community. Gay male friends have in the intervening years quite assured me their interest is solely in own age/equally mature partners, for some time I was erroneously convinced of something like this: a few straight men are pedophiles, most are not; most gay males are at least verging on pedophilia. That was my false belief, sort of not helped by my father’s influence as he had been abused by a policeman as a young teenage boy. Our beliefs and the world are quite messy, and it’s important to always be on the search for actual truths rather than beliefs.

wakka12 wrote: »
    I think its weird and distubring , Im 'lgbt', the boy will have severe mental health issues later inlife as he is being placed in a highly sexualised environment that he cannot fully comprehend at his age
    Anyone who thinks this is great is probably a paedophile and these paedophiles happen to be gay, why does it have to mean all gay people are accepting or even condoning of this stuff?

It certainly doesn't mean all gay people are in any way accepting or condoning of such. Not at all.

They are being linked because the MAPs are trying to get in on the scene and they are using transgender ideology to back it up. Born this way etc.

But lgbt also have to acknowledge the murky history. The gay rights movement from the beginning of its public phase often associated with NAMBLA. NAMBLE was welcomed to gay pride parades in the beginning. The idea of children being included in the sexual revolution was considered by many. Google Harry Hay in his NAMBLA overall. Reduction of the age of consent was part of the early movement. Facts is facts.

LGB have to work hard to get this off their back. There can be no equivocation. No ''who cares'', no'' the kid's happy'', no relativism at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

it's like something from the last days of Rome

Or the first days of Rome, truth be told.

banie01 wrote: »
    The spectre of NAMBLA and the "rights" of certain groups really will try and attach themselves to any coat tail and try to normalize societal views of their predilections.
    And in an age when taking a firm position is all too often seen as being homophobic, misandric or mysoginist it is very worrying how much caché they can carry before being called out openly!

I think that you can state your view without being labelled, by anyone worth listening to, as anything. Provided of course your opinion is in fact not objectively homophobic.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

it's like something from the last days of Rome

Lol@ uneducated people.
    Western Rome was catholic at its destruction

Ironically at the the peak of classical civilization man-boy love was a big thing.

Not defending pedos though

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

This is sick. that poor little boy

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

So grown gay men salvating over a young boy shaking his ass at them while skimpily dressed in a gay club nobody should draw or come to any conclusions other than it's entertainment?

LGB have to work hard to get this off their back. There can be no equivocation. No ''who cares'', no'' the kid's happy'', no relativism at all.

I'll stop ya there, we really don't have to get anything off our backs, having not being born and living on a different continent and all. Similarly I don't think a modern Catholic has to explain Magdalene laundries to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I don't have kids. I don't want kids. I want nothing to do with them tbh. But anyone saying this is anything but borderline paedophile enabling are just wrong. S/He can dress and dance whatever way they want, but it should never, i repeat, NEVER happen in a club for adults. Never. I'd say something if this was a day-time event and there were other LGBTQ kids there doing a show also, but this is an 11 year old, doesn't matter if they're male, female or anything in-between, they are being sexualised for the benefit of adults.

And I think it's completely fair to compare it to a 'straight' 11 year old girl doing the exact same. At the end of the day, and 11 year old is a child, their sexuality just does not come into it. S/He could be dressed head to toe in a burka, but if s/he on stage 'performing' and adults are throwing money at him/her, that's 100% wrong. Let the child be whatever they want to be, but don't bring it into adult situations.

At the end of the day, sexuality doesn't not trump the law, and the parents of this child should be heavily reprimanded for this, as if it was a 'straight' child doing the same, child services would be in like a hot snot off a slate.

cgcsb wrote: »
    I'll stop ya there, we really don't have to get anything off our backs, having not being born and living on a different continent and all. Similarly I don't think a modern Catholic has to explain Magdalene laundries to me.

I think you should probably research age of consent activism in the UK, highly politically connected and on your very own continent.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Defaulter1831

I can certainly see that point of view but that doesn't necessarily mean that it is true.

He doesn't seem unhappy in this interview granted it could all be an act but how would we know if it is or isn't what he truly wants to do and wants to be.

'Desmond's parents say he started to play with gender expression as a toddler'.

This made me lol. All young toddlers and kids pretend at being daddies, mammies, boys and girls. They sound like parents who are really trying to push their child as 'special'. It's abusive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

There's a very serious issue and it's nothing to do with straight, gay, lesbian, bi or trans. It's about child protection and ability to consent. If you're a minor you've an absolute right to protection and you do not have an ability to consent to anything or to be put on stage in an abusive way like that.

A kid having issues with gender identity is one thing, but turning those into a stage show with any kind of sexual theme is a VERY different issue and one that cannot be condoned.

The fact that this disturbing act may be themed towards drag is irrelevant. It's no different to some creepy act involving an underage girl and a male adult audience.

I find the fact that there's someone trying to roll this into the LGBT label absolutely disgusting whether it's from the left or the right wing point of view.

Bear in mind the LGBT community is not some kind of organisation. It's just the % of people who happen to be LGBT. You might as well be trying to define a structure for all those with green eyes, curly hair or anything else. There's no official stamp of approval given out and that so called drag act is absolutely disturbing.

I just see a weird child act trying to attach a mainstream community's label to it to give itself legitimacy and I see a far right trying to attach the label to it too to attack a community / section of society that they hate.

It's like grabbing some bizzare and disturbing performance, stamping it with a load of shamrocks and then trying to blame it on the Irish. That would be totally unfair and ridiculous and so is this.

• Advertisement

I think you should probably research age of consent activism in the UK, highly politically connected and on your very own continent.

Assuming that to be true. So what?

This recent video is said to be Lactatia, another sexualised, poor child being dragged around the circuit by their parents, but I think it is Desmond. It is one minute long, includes references to putting the P in LGBT and snorting ketamine.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

backspin. wrote: »
    If this was an 11 year old girl dancing infront of adult men there would be absolute outrage and rightly so. I just don't get why there is such support of this obvious abuse of a young boy.

We live in really f**ked up times.

Jodie Foster was 12 years old when she played a child prostitute in Taxi Driver.
    That was in 1976.
    Penny's used to sell padded bikini tops for 7 year olds - think about that. 7 year old girls with padded bikini tops.
    This is a 'nipple tassled t-shirt' for small girls https://s24193.pcdn.co/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Nipple-Tshirt-ENTITY.jpg

Nipple tassles.

Do I condone what is happening with this boy? No.
    Do I know young girls are being sexualised constantly? Yes.
    Clothing shops (including here in Ireland) are aiming products that are more overtly sexual at girls younger than Foster was when she played a prostitute.

I could probably find girls as young as 11 dancing sexually in front of adults if I wanted to - I don't want to.

cgcsb wrote: »
    Assuming that to be true. So what?

Yeah, I was just addressing your objection re continents.

''So What''. That is the classic response of deconstructionists. There actually is a So and a What. No matter how many times people say So What.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,229 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

You'd have to imagine there are a lot of gay people out there seeing this and having their heads in their hands afterwards.
    It's like the Iona institute's idea of what being a gay man entails.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,815 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Gatling wrote:
    So grown gay men salvating over a young boy shaking his ass at them while skimpily dressed in a gay club nobody should draw or come to any conclusions other than it's entertainment?

Have you actually watched the video? I only see some photographers. I don't see any men, gay or straight, salvating. You have a great imagination. Is it even a nightclub? It looks like a talant show to me.

I do have an issue with any child, boy or girl, preforming in a nightclub, gay or straight.

21077e5d7f.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

This recent video is said to be Lactatia, another sexualised, poor child being dragged around the circuit by their parents, but I think it is Desmond. It is one minute long, includes references to putting the P in LGBT and snorting ketamine.

That is Desmond.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

'Desmond's parents say he started to play with gender expression as a toddler'.

This made me lol. All young toddlers and kids pretend at being daddies, mammies, boys and girls. They sound like parents who are really trying to push their child as 'special'. It's abusive.

Or maybe just maybe they are allowing their child to express himself as he wants.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsO6f40Bln3/?hl=en

No one will probably bother to read his mother's comment on this post about the video in the OP because they have already made their mind up about the person she is and how terrible of a parent she it and they aren't open to having their minds changed. I for one believe her in that they are simply allowing the child to do what he wants to do and allowing him to express himself in the way that he does.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Add this to the 2018 Tedx Talks by Mirjam Heine and Madeleine van der Bruggen and there is some serious Kite Flying going on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement