Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Free Smitwicks Red Ale sample with Sendmeasample (Google Assistant or Alexa required)

• 24-11-2020 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

Free swithwicks sample. See link

You will need to install send me a sample as a skill on your alexa/google assistant so that you can setup a sendmeasample account so that they know where to deliver to and once that is done simply say

Alexa/Google "Send me a sample for a midweek Smithweeks"

Only available to Republic of Ireland. You should receive a confirmation email to say its on its way

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

My google assistant is sending me free beer. What a time to be alive!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

After I registered I had to say the following line to Google Home "Hey Google, Ask Send Me a Sample for a midweek Smithweeks" to get it to work.

Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Google home is telling me that send me a sample isn't set up for devices on my country

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Google home is telling me that send me a sample isn't set up for devices on my country

Me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

justshane wrote: »
    Me too.

Your Google Assistant is probably set up to be in the UK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Your Google Assistant is probably set up to be in the UK

Or else it somehow know's what Smithwicks taste's like.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Tried with my echo dot, no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Same. I'm in Ireland, account in Ireland, card's in Ireland. I changed my language to English (UK) in the home app and it worked once I'd registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

Felt like an eejit talking to my Fitbit :pac:

Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Done, looking forward to the postman delivering me one solitary can of Smithwicks, we've reached peak lockdown antics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

Got it to work. Thanks OP.

As pointed out by someone else, make sure to say "Hey Google, Ask Send Me a Sample for a midweek Smithweeks"

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Thanks OP I've been meaning to pick up some smithwicks since spotify keeps telling me to drink it haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭BigAl81

I got "Sorry Not available for devices language or country" when I asked my Google Home speaker. My language and country were both set to Ireland!

To get it to work I did the following (after first creating an account on the Send Me a Sample website)...

1) I opened the Google Home app on my phone
    2) I changed my language to "English (UK)" (Click on circle on top right, then "Assistant Settings" the "Languages")
    3) Said "Hey Google, Ask Send Me a Sample for a midweek Smithweeks"
    4) Got a message that I need to link my accounts.
    5) Went back to the Send me a Sample website and clicked on the Google Assistant button / logo. This then linked the accounts.
    6) Said "Hey Google, Ask Send Me a Sample for a midweek Smithweeks" and after being asked a few question about my age, it worked!

Enjoy the free beer! Thanks OP!!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭crank_1975

Cheers OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Brego888

Nice one OP

Anything else available to send as a sample? Can't see anything on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Ordered thanks !

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Got it to work, had to set up the send me a sample plugin thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

Thanks, I've mine on the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Brego888 wrote: »
    Nice one OP

Anything else available to send as a sample? Can't see anything on their website.
    Did a crawl of their site... either out of stock or 404's.

You can ask it what samples it currently has, and it just indicates Smithwicks.

So that's it I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭manor

Basq wrote: »
    Did a crawl of their site... either out of stock or 404's.

You can ask it what samples it currently has, and it just indicates Smithwicks.

So that's it I reckon.

Plenty of stock of Smithwicks, 4 of us sharing a house ordered one each, heard they will offer a different brand next month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Ordered there, cheers!

I assume it's just one can and not a crate? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Ordered there, cheers!

I assume it's just one can and not a crate? :D
    Giving the latest blow to pubs reopening, it's potentially a keg!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Finally got this working.
    Has anybody ordered anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭seanvox

Can't seem to get this going on Google Home. I have the language set to UK, but it keeps referring me to the Google Assistant app to complete registration which doesn't seem to be available in Ireland. I have the Home and Google apps but not seeing anything popping up there.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,720 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Got this to work straightaway using the Alexa app on my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭robz150

Worked! Thanks OP

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

seanvox wrote: »
    Can't seem to get this going on Google Home. I have the language set to UK, but it keeps referring me to the Google Assistant app to complete registration which doesn't seem to be available in Ireland. I have the Home and Google apps but not seeing anything popping up there.

Any ideas?

Cheers!
    Same issue. I just switched to Alexa instead. Worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

seanvox wrote: »

Any ideas?

Cheers!

It's fiddly and I couldn't really find any instruction anywhere. Here's what I did:

Open Google Home app.
    Tap my user icon in the top right.
    Open Assistant Settings
    Scroll down and open "Explore"
    Search for "Sample"
    Open "Send me a Sample"
    Set up an account and link it to your Google Home device.
    Ask the feckin thing to send you a sample.

I feel like an eegit for spending so much time trying to figure it out for a single can of Smithwicks, but if I can help out another eegit it seems a little more worth it at least.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Bawnmore wrote: »
    It's fiddly and I couldn't really find any instruction anywhere. Here's what I did:

Open Google Home app.
    Tap my user icon in the top right.
    Open Assistant Settings
    Scroll down and open "Explore"
    Search for "Sample"
    Open "Send me a Sample"
    Set up an account and link it to your Google Home device.
    Ask the feckin thing to send you a sample.

I feel like an eegit for spending so much time trying to figure it out for a single can of Smithwicks, but if I can help out another eegit it seems a little more worth it at least.
    Thanks for that. Even though I've created an account and linked it in the Google Home app, when I send it to my smart speaker it tells me to create and link an account and come back when I've done that!

As I said, I got it working fine with Alexa anyway but nonetheless am very irritated I can't get it working with Google!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

I'm all for a free can of Smitwicks, but what data are they taking from your google account? I can't see any reference to it on their website.
    One can of Smithwicks isn't worth a bunch of targeted crap to the door for me.

Advertisement