Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New season of Top Gear

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Absolutely fantastic segment from Chris Harris on Colin McRae winning the World Rally Championship in 1995 in the episode tonight. Spine tingling. Really, really good

Agreed. Brilliantly produced. the producers of top gear can do “serious” really well. The last time that I can remember they did something similar was on aayrton senna. Equally spine tingling and very respectful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Colin McRae piece was brilliant, will definitely watch again. I remember it well. Couldn't watch any of the rest of it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,052 ✭✭✭✭beertons

That was a very good episode. Spine tingling here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

That had to be the worst ever episode of Top Gear. Absolute rubbish it was. Most of the other episode's were decent but this was just terrible boring.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Finally got around to watching this episode. I enjoyed the Colin McCrea part as use to watch him on the tell back in the day, but the rest of the episode was bland and I was expecting more from the season end.

Over all this series has had some good segments, but no over all brilliant episodes. I do think the 3 lads are getting a good balance between them now, but I still cant take Paddy seriously when he does car review such as the BMW last episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭flazio

New series is nearly ready to go.
    And the way they are getting around social distance requirements is nothing short of genius.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CE638_EB_WJ/?igshid=79zx6xpyl063

• Registered Users Posts: 8,296 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

The new series trailer just appeared a while ago on MOTD Live on BBC One.

Looking good. The three lads are doing well on TG now, a proper comradery between them.

Should be good for a laugh anyway.

Ms

Is there a date for it on that trailer? I would prefer not to watch the trailer. I want to enjoy the show when it's out.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    Is there a date for it on that trailer? I would prefer not to watch the trailer. I want to enjoy the show when it's out.

From youtube:

Top Gear is back for a brand new series with Paddy McGuinness, Freddie Flintoff and Chris Harris. Here's a peek at what we've got in store...

Top Gear Series 29... coming soon to BBC One and BBC iPlayer

• Advertisement
    Ms

Just checked up on Top Gear.Com. it's back on Sunday week so the 4th of October.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,296 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

That was a great 1st episode. Pity about the strummed herring though. :D

That was a great 1st episode. Pity about the strummed herring though. :D

Good Episode. I know the 24hr thing was done by hamster and may back in the day, but this was a nice change to the challenge and the clambering between the motors was funny.

Solid start and looking forward to the next one.

Ms

The latest episode was brilliant and actually very funny too. I still get it hard to understand there accents sometimes but that was a great episode one of the best in fact. Its repeated at 12.10am on BBC One NI on Wednesday morning if you missed it or did not record it for anyone wanting to see it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

The latest episode was brilliant and actually very funny too. I still get it hard to understand there accents sometimes but that was a great episode one of the best in fact. Its repeated at 12.10am on BBC One NI on Wednesday morning if you missed it or did not record it for anyone wanting to see it.

Good episode and once again Freddie has no fear.

Ms

Good episode and once again Freddie has no fear.

Which one is Freddie lol. I have to say I get them mixed up very easy. I thought Rory was the one with all the experience at driving fast and would be driving the Jag XJ220 fast not whoever did. Rory had the RS Focus and Paddy the Porsche with Flintoff in the Maserati am I right?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Which one is Freddie lol. I have to say I get them mixed up very easy. I thought Rory was the one with all the experience at driving fast and would be driving the Jag XJ220 fast not whoever did. Rory had the RS Focus and Paddy the Porsche with Flintoff in the Maserati am I right?

He’s the fairer haired and, most importantly, the most banterrific one of the two of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Lolle06

Rory is not a presenter on (at least on the main) Top Gear show anymore.
    You mean Chris Harris. He drove the Focus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭Harika

I loved it when they handed the rental cars back, I wonder how much the guy was in as he was between relaxed and actually pissed the longer it took and more damage was revealed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Harika wrote: »
    I loved it when they handed the rental cars back, I wonder how much the guy was in as he was between relaxed and actually pissed the longer it took and more damage was revealed.

He was totally in. Everything is fully scripted. And they probably did a few takes of the scene.

I doubt the cars were rentals at all. Most likely bought privately and the rental company played along.

Decent episode all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Great few episodes, once you realise that everything is scripted, anyone on camera has agreed to be on it and everything has been setup in advance by the producers and just go with it it's great, for example if 3 lads from the BBC with a full camera crew are going to rock up to a car rental place do you think they aren't going to get the best cars possible? Bit like when Clarkson and May did that stupid New Zealand episode that was pretty much an hour long ad for Hertz or someone.

The 3 lads get on well together, they each on their little part to play and are going with it, I've enjoyed the first 3 episodes so far, even in the best days of TG it strange to get 3 good episodes in a row. Sunday evenings are BBC1 nights now with TG and that Hugh Laurie drama on afterwards.

Ms

Clareman wrote: »
    Great few episodes, once you realise that everything is scripted, anyone on camera has agreed to be on it and everything has been setup in advance by the producers and just go with it it's great, for example if 3 lads from the BBC with a full camera crew are going to rock up to a car rental place do you think they aren't going to get the best cars possible? Bit like when Clarkson and May did that stupid New Zealand episode that was pretty much an hour long ad for Hertz or someone.

The 3 lads get on well together, they each on their little part to play and are going with it, I've enjoyed the first 3 episodes so far, even in the best days of TG it strange to get 3 good episodes in a row. Sunday evenings are BBC1 nights now with TG and that Hugh Laurie drama on afterwards.

I actually thought the latest episode was crap. A pity as I was really looking forward to what they were going to do in the Suzuki Jimny when I seen in it the Top Gear highlights on the first episode.
    As for the family cars that was just pathetic but then its Top Gear. Still if it was me I would have the Lamborghini over the dull, ugly, boring Audi.
    As for the Top Gear episode that was in New Zealand with Jeremy and go I enjoyed that episode a lot. It was much better than the latest crappy episode. The two episodes before do were much better. I only hope the next two episodes are better.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭Harika

Tzardine wrote: »
    He was totally in. Everything is fully scripted. And they probably did a few takes of the scene.

I doubt the cars were rentals at all. Most likely bought privately and the rental company played along.

Decent episode all the same.

Stupid me lol
    Like it in general but miss some diversity in segments. Would love some test of car of people as they did before. Or challenges only one does like Harris in this Baja race, Rory with Sabine around the Nordschleife.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Harika wrote: »
    Stupid me lol
    Like it in general but miss some diversity in segments. Would love some test of car of people as they did before. Or challenges only one does like Harris in this Baja race, Rory with Sabine around the Nordschleife.

Covid put paid to that for this season

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

hello anyone out there???????? in this forum

first episode of new series was good and its moved over to BBC 1

Ya. Liked it. Lamborghini was predictably awesome and pointless. Loved the sitting on each others laps. Flintoffs ass in paddy's face was brilliant. Love how they are gelling better now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

yes i'm warming to them too....although i think McGuinness exaggerates his northern accent too much

Ms

Muppet Man wrote: »
    Ya. Liked it. Lamborghini was predictably awesome and pointless. Loved the sitting on each others laps. Flintoffs ass in paddy's face was brilliant. Love how they are gelling better now.

That's the one part of it I did not like. It was just utterly stupid and I had no idea who was who.
    I did enjoy the rest of it about there Dads Dads cars do and was so happy to see the winner at the end was the one you would have least expected to win. That Lamborghini believe it or not us sold out already but yes its pointless but beautiful too.

Edit: I started a new thread for this season of Top Gear in the Television Forum. Maybe a moderator might move it to this thread.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭flazio

• Advertisement

Wow... that's terrible news. Very very Sad news

Advertisement