Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THIS is bunnyhopping

• 26-02-2010 11:58am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭

This^ is not possible in Call of Duty games. Next time I see some d1ck whining about bunnyhoppers I'm just going to link them to this thread.

soz4owned
    cy@ etc etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Excuse my ignorance, but whats bunnyhopping?
    And what is this video for?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,137 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Tallon wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance, but whats bunnyhopping?
    And what is this video for?

It seems that bunnyhopping is constantly jumping to reduce the chances of being hit. Have no idea what the game is though. Looks pants to be honest

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

It seems that bunnyhopping is constantly jumping to reduce the chances of being hit.

Oh dear god.

*suicides*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

It seems that bunnyhopping is constantly jumping to reduce the chances of being hit. Have no idea what the game is though. Looks pants to be honest

I know what the game is, its CS, but I dont know what it has to do with CoD.
    I could understand if people here were giving out about 'bunnyhopping' in CoD but I've never even heard the term before :confused:

heres what Bunnyhopping is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

The game is counter-strike. One of the games that made online gaming the huge phenomenon it is today.

You cant bunnyhop in COD - they developed it that way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Oh dear god.

*suicides*

Looks at name *facepalm*

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

In CSS you can hop in a certan way that allows you to travel at speeds far greater than running. That is bunnyhopping. Jumping around corners to avoid getting headshot is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,452 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

In CSS you can hop in a certan way that allows you to travel at speeds far greater than running. That is bunnyhopping. Jumping around corners to avoid getting headshot is not.

I don't think the strict CSS definition applies anymore. At this stage it seems to encompass using the jump key to gain any advantage whether that's avoiding getting hit or travelling faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Ive seen people try bunny hopping in MW1 and MW2. It seemed to be more wide spread in MW1 though. I dont think there is much of an advantage to it, any time ive seen it the guys are using shotguns going around corners and even without bunny hopping id fancy that coming around the corner with a shotgun you have an automatic advanatge.:eek:

gavredking wrote: »
    Ive seen people try bunny hopping in MW1 and MW2. It seemed to be more wide spread in MW1 though. I dont think there is much of an advantage to it, any time ive seen it the guys are using shotguns going around corners and even without bunny hopping id fancy that coming around the corner with a shotgun you have an automatic advanatge.:eek:

For some reason it seemed to be rampant in WAW, there always seemed to be a least one guy hopping around the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

I wanna add quick scoping to the list.
    You can't quick scope in CoD.

Quick scoping again originates from CS and is where it was quicker to swap to your pistol and back to your awp (after firing a shot) than it was to let it zoom out, work the bolt and zoom back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

:o I lost about two years of my education between that feckin' game and DoD when Source and Steam were still a distant dream. Still wear my [DoGs] Clan jacket today. Yes I'm old and sad....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

You know times have changed when people haven't seen CS before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

I don't think the strict CSS definition applies anymore. At this stage it seems to encompass using the jump key to gain any advantage whether that's avoiding getting hit or travelling faster.

couldnt the same be said for ducking or lying down when under fire ? i dont really see the issue with it hardly makes much difference

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

this thread sucks

sierra117x wrote: »
    couldnt the same be said for ducking or lying down when under fire ? i dont really see the issue with it hardly makes much difference

Tactical advantage using the jump key/button.

"Belly flopping" is a term I've heard a few times for that.

Advertisement