Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Signs that you're getting old

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭AllForIt

You criticize the fashion of young people today. You'd be right but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭ollaetta

When you drop something and wonder if you really need it anyway before the effort of bending down.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

When you know what a tracker mortgage is.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,324 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

When parts of your body start to steadily make their way towards your knees.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    used to be a hard rock fan , now i only listen to Lyric FM while driving

Marty in the morning is my breakfast choice on the dial
    Same but with newstalk.
    I've also moved away musically from death metal to more country music.

Oh and my beard and hair is going grey!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Roots 2020 wrote: »
    You're constantly looking back nostalgically at the past. Deaths of people like Maradona or Jonah Lomu hurt more than they should. It feels like a bit of your prime has gone with them.

Agree with this, it really does feel like a little bit of you has gone forever with them. Also checking the ages of the oldest players still playing in EPL, CL, world cups etc, to see if I'm younger than any of them and delighted to find out Buffon was born a few weeks before me.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Halenvaneddie

Not having to pull the belly off yourself everyday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

For me it is being much more conscious of potentially slippy ground. It's getting silly. I used to stride comfortably across every kind of muddy and stoney ground and now I move much more carefully for fear I end up on my arse. :(
    Also my dentist looks like a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭roroliam

When your sh** smells like your olfellas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Your favourite songs are on classic hits radio.
    Young people's fashion looks strange. Staff in a shop say sir to you.
    You don't understand some of the slang in pop songs. you have given up trying to keep up with new music
    You look forward to staying in and watching the late late show instead of recording it
    You have to ask a young person how to use an app or get some device working
    Your favourite pop group has released a greatest hits collection
    If you have have a fine pints it takes longer to get over a hangover

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Britney turned 39 yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Calling DVDs "videos" in front of your bemused teenager.

What's a DVD...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Seeing the kids you used to babysit marry while you're still single!

To thine own self be true

Taking 5 minutes to get out of a chair and hearing numerous clicking sounds as your body continues it's decay.

And hair on the end of my nose, ****ing father's hairy genes

When you sigh contentedly as you sit down in a nice armchair with a nice cup of tea and put your feet up, but then the moment loses it's everyday magic when you notice the skirting boards need a good dusting.

When you start dusting skirting boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Also us poor men seem to spender longer on the toilet seat and less time in the barbers seat year on year.

I've just thought of a way to strike a balance... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

The other night, I had a great time. On the sofa, a few beers, a few tunes (from the '90s and before, of course) while looking up the best attic insulation options on the World Wide Web.

What a night it was. I learnt a lot!

Never even hearing of the most streamed artist in Ireland on spotify this year. I don't think I've ever heard his name mentioned. I must be completely and utterly out of the loop

I used to monitor network traffic on a corporate network and developed a script to translate the infohash of a torrent to the filename. One day, loads of traffic, rang my boss, "Someone is seeding something by an artist called.. Adele?"

My boss's response: you don't listen to modern music anymore, do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

I miss getting a stiffy for no reason, before I get up from the seat on a bus....

Drinking sleepy tea before bedtime....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

I used to monitor network traffic on a corporate network and developed a script to translate the infohash of a torrent to the filename. One day, loads of traffic, rang my boss, "Someone is seeding something by an artist called.. Adele?"

My boss's response: you don't listen to modern music anymore, do you?
    People were torrenting in work?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

I used to watch football and play computer games in my spare time and pay little attention to news or current affairs. Over the course of my 30's, that's now completely the opposite.

You now play football and watch computer games?

Seeing the kids you used to babysit marry while yiure still single!

My Ma: I met Ailbhe in the shop she was asking about you.
    Me: my last memory of her was her putting a can of coke in the microwave because it was too cold when she was about 9. Is she in secondary school now?
    My Ma: she's a primary school teacher.

Feck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,263 ✭✭✭alias no.9

My barber asked if I wanted my eyebrows trimmed!

What about the ears?

KungPao wrote: »
    People were torrenting in work?

Yes and it was allowed because one of our products was shared via torrent openly.

Part of my job was to check were the seeding our products or Naughty Nurses 3, or Adele's first album.

And some people seeded much worse stuff than that. Cue some awkward conversations.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭con747

Having to lean forwards to see if your laces are tied when standing.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

When you have grey hair instead of grey hairs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,263 ✭✭✭alias no.9

kieran. wrote: »
    Definition of getting old, when you are filling your date of birth in an online form and you have to scroll your mouse wheel more than twice to get to your birth year!!

Knowing what a mouse is in a world of touch screens

• Registered Users Posts: 24,800 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    Leaving a gig early to "beat the rush".

When you look to get a ticket for a gig.... and no matter who is playing and where... you want a seat. Where before you loved the idea of being front and center, standing, better atmosphere, view, craic and sound now it’s a seat nearer the bar, and the jacks that tickles your fancy....

Sardonicat wrote: »
    When you have grey hair instead of grey hairs

I got my hair cut back in September and was looking down as he did my neck and all this grey hair was gathering around my feet and i thought "they must be cutting some auld fellas hair beside me", sneaked a look to the left and realized it was mine!

• Advertisement

Strumms wrote: »
    When you look to get a ticket for a gig.... and no matter who is playing and where... you want a seat. Where before you loved the idea of being front and center, standing, better atmosphere, view, craic and sound now it’s a seat nearer the bar, and the jacks that tickles your fancy....

I was always like that to be honest.

Advertisement