Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signs that you're getting old

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,435 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Letting out a groan when getting up.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

Definition of getting old, when you are filling your date of birth in an online form and you have to scroll your mouse wheel more than twice to get to your birth year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

My barber asked if I wanted my eyebrows trimmed!

Last time I was in the barbers, after asking if I wanted my eyebrows trimmed, he said, "I'll just give the hair in you ears a little trim while we're at it".......:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭blackbox

I was trained to lift with a straight back, bending my knees.

Now I find myself bending my back to take the strain off my knees.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,151 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Last year I had to travel from Cork to Limerick by train for a sort of mini reunion. I flew into Cork and straight to train station and said to myself "Sure I can get dinner at the station and have a few pints" like I did many times up to about 2004 when I travelled from Cork-Dublin by train on a regular basis.

Got to the station and no pub/restaurant. I was informed that it shut about 15 years ago..:o .so I had a long dry hungry wait for the train.

I did that about 5 years ago . I was starving going dub-cork and thought I'd eat on the train . I managed to get a sandwich:(
    Things that make me feel old
    Reading glasses
    Grey beard
    Checking out 40yo women
    Hating most modern music
    Not having an Instagram account
    Not giving a shýt about 'influencers'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Nose and ear hairs

I think it was Billy Connolly who said that no actually goes bald, the hair just turns inwards and looks for new places to come out:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭PommieBast

When people you taught start having kids..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,571 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I don't really know what Snapchat or Tiktok are

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I don't really know what Snapchat or Tiktok are

You'll find it on discord.

Sorry, which cord? I don't see any cord?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

When you wake up tired, thirsty and with a headache from drinking coffee the night before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

Excusing some behaviour of people young than me because "Sure I did that myself when I was their age", usually followed with "as long as they aren't harming anyone".

My friend once said he knew he was getting old when someone popped a party popper and his first thought was "Someone is going to have to clean that up..."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,204 ✭✭✭partyguinness

When my younger brother (who is 20 years younger) informed me that I have a 'legendary' status within the soccer club for my exploits back in the mid 90s before he was born. He is sick of hearing about me but he is a far better player though...seems that tough tackling defenders are more lauded than silky midfielders.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

When you wake up tired, thirsty and with a headache from drinking coffee the night before

when you stop drinking fluids at 8pm cause you'll be getting up in the middle of the night to go pee. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Never even hearing of the most streamed artist in Ireland on spotify this year. I don't think I've ever heard his name mentioned. I must be completely and utterly out of the loop

Artists are screaming, now. Who'd have thought.

Even further out of the loop.

Anyway, today I was reviewing my life insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,823 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

when you ask your kids how something works on an electronic device

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

You simply cant be bothered listening to the hard luck stories of anyone under 30 who has had to suffer the indignities of....college, an underpaid unglamorous first job or two, sharing a house and not enough people telling them they are brilliant since they left home.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I like to keep fit and I can't shrug off injuries any more like I could in my twenties. I sprained my ankle in September and it's still f*cked.

I also catch myself thinking from time to time that I'm passed the half way mark to the average age to die and that 35 years seems like a terrifyingly short amount of time left. I always used to think I'd never like to live forever but a good few thousand years wouldn't be so bad....

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Injuries, hangovers, cursing trying to get out of not up from the couch :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,340 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Having to use "classic" controller layouts for GTA and FIFA.

Also, defending on any football game after 2012.

Taking your 1st born for their 1st actual pint!(soon to occur round my way)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Roots 2020

You're constantly looking back nostalgically at the past. Deaths of people like Maradona or Jonah Lomu hurt more than they should. It feels like a bit of your prime has gone with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭monseiur

When it takes you all night to do what you used to do all night !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Piriz

yep when I see footage of the 80s 90s 00s I think they were simpler times.. now I worry about the state of the planet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Still suffering with a hangover from Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Having a conversation in work last week about going on holidays back in the day and bringing travellers cheques and two girls at the lunch table asked what they were as they had never even heard of them

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Simon201

When you go for run and 5 minutes in your watch prompts ‘do you want to record a leisurely stroll’ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

When bending down to tie your shoelaces you look around to see if there's anything else to be done whilst you're there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Forgetting the simple things, like pocketing your housekeys before leaving the house. And lately, my hands seize up in pain doing tasks I have always before done with ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,350 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Thank God , I am not alone with aches and pains.

I discovered, I'm fairly good at gardening and D.I.Y. too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,941 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Calling DVDs "videos" in front of your bemused teenager.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭thebronze14

Calling DVDs "videos" in front of your bemused teenager.
    Even DVD's would probably bemuse them at this stage!

Advertisement