Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin barbers were you don't have to wear a mask

• 07-08-2020 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

I need to get my hair cut.

But I can't wear a face mask for medical reasons.

Does anyone know of any barbers in Dublin were you don't have to wear a face mask ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Big Gerry wrote: »

Does anyone know of any barbers in Dublin were you don't have to wear a face mask ?

The one on Aston Quay is good to go. He told me i didnt have to wear mask if i didnt want. It was a while back and i did wear one but i was surprised at how lax he was on the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Didn't have to wear one in Rathfarnham shopping centre barber

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

These places should be reported and shut down.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Tom1991

I’m sure if you called ahead and asked politely most places would oblige

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

From Monday you legally have to wear one.

There is no medical reason that could stop you wearing a mask other than a mental health issue, a phobia or masks or something, maybe anxiety.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Didn't have to wear one in rathmines by the swan centre

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

I know this isn’t your question, but throwing the idea out there in case you hadn’t considered it: unless you require fancy stuff, a DIY job with a hair clipper can look very decent. It might actually be the only reasonable choice if you don’t want to wear masks as they are already very strongly suggested and are about to become mandatory.

And sidetracking a bit, this virus might have a nasty long time effect for barbers even after the situation is back to normal, as quite a few people found out their hair clipper haircuts don’t look very different from what they have been paying for.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,505 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

GarIT wrote: »

Which is only right and yet there is still some selfish idiots not wearing masks. I was in the shops yesterday and while the majority of people were wearing masks there was a couple of selfish people not wearing masks including one that seemed to think it was funny the arsehole.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Bob24 wrote: »
    I know this isn’t your question, but throwing the idea out there in case you hadn’t considered it: unless you require fancy stuff, a DIY job with a hair clipper can look very decent.

I actually this virus might have a nasty long time effect for barbers even after the situation is back to normal, as quite a few people found out their DIY jobs don’t look very different from what they have been paying for.

Yep, I am cutting my own hair and my sons and my wife thinks it looks just as good... saves me around €30 a month too. Once you get the hang of going the opposite way when using the mirror, it's easy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

AMKC wrote: »
    Which is only right and yet there is still some selfish idiots not wearing masks. I was in the shops yesterday and while the majority of people were wearing masks there was a couple of selfish people not wearing masks including one that seemed to think it was funny the arsehole.

Really, well i hope you called the covid police post haste

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Bob24 wrote: »
    I know this isn’t your question, but throwing the idea out there in case you hadn’t considered it: unless you require fancy stuff, a DIY job with a hair clipper can look very decent. It might actually be the only reasonable choice if you don’t want to wear masks as they are already very strongly suggested and are about to become mandatory.

And sidetracking a bit, this virus might have a nasty long time effect for barbers even after the situation is back to normal, as quite a few people found out their hair clipper haircuts don’t look very different from what they have been paying for.

Yep, I won't be going back to the barbers regularly myself. Have cut my hair twice since lockdown and both times were better than my local barbers.
    You can actually get it closer to what you were picturing, instead of in the barbers where they're only half way through but you're screaming in your head "stop! leave it as it is, it looks now!" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

accensi0n wrote: »
    Yep, I won't be going back to the barbers regularly myself. Have cut my hair twice since lockdown and both times were better than my local barbers.
    You can actually get it closer to what you were picturing, instead of in the barbers where they're only half way through but you're screaming in your head "stop! leave it as it is, it looks now!" :pac:

Not to mention that my local barber doesn’t have an appointment system and always has at least 30 minutes wait at the times which are suitable for me (and ATM since they can’t have people wait inside as it’s too packed, there is a queue outside). So even the first time when I was figuring out what to do, I actually saved time doing it myself (with a bit of help from my GF) compared to a regular visit to the barber.

We’ll see, I might get lazy and go back again at some point. But at this stage I feel the same as yourself. Given that I am happy with the result, don’t have to pay for it, and I am saving time - it feels like a no brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Big Gerry

GarIT wrote: »

There is no medical reason that could stop you wearing a mask other than a mental health issue, a phobia or masks or something, maybe anxiety.

Not true.

I have a letter from my Doctor that says I can't wear one due a long term health condition I have.

AMKC wrote: »

Selfish ?

Are you Doctor.

How do you know they don't have a underlying health condition.

My own Doctor told me not to wear a mask and now I fear I will have scumbags starting fights with me when they see I'm not wearing a mask in public.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Selfish ?

Are you Doctor.

My own Doctor told me not to wear a mask and now I fear I will have scumbags starting fights with me when they see I'm not wearing a mask in public.

Trust me the scum bags aren't wearing them and they don't care if others are either.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Kamu

Selfish ?

Are you Doctor.

A lot of people still won't wear a mask come Monday, guaranteed.

Grafton Barber's Jervais Centre didn't require me (or the 4 other men who got their haircut during the time I was there) to wear a mask today.

€26 euro it cost.

Trust me the scum bags aren't wearing them and they don't care if others are either.

Come Monday I will probably have to deal with scumbags like this man.

https://twitter.com/naijagyaldee/status/1290212852310016000

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

https://twitter.com/naijagyaldee/status/1290212852310016000

I mean, people who don't wear masks are the scum bags, in all honesty.

What possible medical condition means you can't wear a mask? It's utter bollix. I can see possibly autistic children/teenagers not coping, but grown adults?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

Big Gerry wrote:

This man really is something else, not only is he wearing the mask incorrectly, but he's obese and lecturing to others about health.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

If you can't/won't wear a mask do without a haircut.

You won't get sick or risk spreading a deadly disease. If you do go for such a non essential activity you increase your chances of doing both.

• Advertisement

What possible medical condition means you can't wear a mask?

That's private I'm not going to disclose my medical history to random people.

I have a letter from my Doctor that says I shouldn't wear one that should be end of the matter if I get stopped getting on the bus etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,379 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

On an anonymous forum.

That's private I'm not going to disclose my medical history to random people.

I have a letter from my Doctor that says I shouldn't wear one that should be end of the matter if I get stopped getting on the bus etc.

You’re not talking about getting the bus, you’re talking about an unnecessary haircut. Spoof reasons or not, just stay away from people if you won’t wear one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

...I have a letter from my Doctor that says I shouldn't wear one that should be end of the matter if I get stopped...
    But do you have a letter from your doctor saying you should get your hair cut - "...that should be end of the matter...".

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Simple solution.
    Instead of wearing a mask, wear a hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭gavindublin

Does your local barber recognise you as a regular. Stick your head in on day 1 and explain to come back day 2. Not everyone in real life are boards warriors.
    I'd recommend having a letter on your person but just for the guards. You'll get one on a hard on to make it an issue. While he lectures you on not wearing a mask while not wearing a mask.
    Just go about your day, life is difficult enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭micar

Not true.

I have a letter from my Doctor that says I can't wear one due a long term health condition I have.

A hair cut takes 15-20 mins.....can you wear one for that short period of time.

Yet wait outside until you're called in

Alternatively, buy hair clippers and get someone to cut your hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

micar wrote: »
    Alternatively, buy hair clippers and get someone to cut your hair.

Seriously who the **** hasn’t bought a razor at this stage?!

4 blade all over for me. No more barber visits thank ****.

All the young lads that spend more time in the bog than girls do. Mental stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭micar

Seriously who the **** hasn’t bought a razor at this stage?!

4 blade all over for me. No more barber visits thank ****.

All the young lads that spend more time in the bog than girls do. Mental stuff.

I go blade 1 all over every few weeks.

Haven't been to a barber in 20 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Local barber does haircuts wearing a faceshield and gown but clients in the chairs are not as how can you do a haircut wearing one.

Nothing to stop users who cant breath with a mask on to wear a face shield instead.

Wearing nothing is silly and many places may not let you in or on their transport.

Advertisement