Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2013 .. KOMPASS ACCOUNT ?!

• 18-01-2013 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey guys , tihe pressure is starting over the next few weeks , im wondering does anybody know what the new procedure is , the kompass account ? .. i cant seem to find any information on it !?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

Thats seems to be because there isnt any released yet
    Prob wont be til the program opens

• Registered Users Posts: 26 shirlzP

IM same very confused as to paperwork had it all done now its properly all changed. Àny news or ideas when these visa's open? its left very late was hoping to be out in Canada by march doubt that will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭archicraft

shirlzP wrote: »
    IM same very confused as to paperwork had it all done now its properly all changed. Àny news or ideas when these visa's open? its left very late was hoping to be out in Canada by march doubt that will happen.

before feb 1st:)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 mexican council of food

yeah bit touch and go but sure we're all in the same boat i guess. where are ye thinking of heading for?

Actually just seen that abou before the 1st waiting since November for it to open awful long process and there prop goin to be more delays along the way.. ;) Im heading for Vancouver where bouts ye going??

• Advertisement

Montréal...and at some stage hoping to get over to Vancouver side, chop wood, befriend bears etc..:)

yea ment to be nice there :).. yea when you thinking of going??

yea ment to be nice there :).. yea when you thinking of going??

have job opportunities in vancouver & alberta, so hopefully one of those:)

not so bad gud start anyways 2 jobs.. :D when you plan on going??

not so bad gud start anyways 2 jobs.. :D when you plan on going??

Was hoping to be there by the start of March, not looking likely now:(....yourself?

• Advertisement

yea I was hoping to be a little more organised by nw but still where i started. I was supposed to be ideally out there in march 2 but will prob be may by the looks of it.

hoping to go as soon as possible....leave this island finally...for a while at least :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kb1990

has anyone filled out some of the pdf documents as part of the CIC bit, the second bit of the application process?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 SpeedyDude

Hey, if you've any forms filled out from previous years I don't think they'll require them. its a brand new process. It's basically a first come first served bases according to a lady I talked to at the working abroad expo. She did say it opens the 1st of January and I've e.mailed the IEC since. They said its not open be to keep checking.

Not sure what the IEC kompass thing is either, hopefully it'll be out soon. Also according to The website you can't complete stage 2 before stage 1 (stage 2 being that other form) let's hope it kicks off soon ay

:)

went through the megathread there and sorted the bull**** from the tasty burger of truth there.

You can basically start step 2 (myCIC account, Welcome to Canada questionnaire and Document Upload) of the process now but you won't be able to complete step 2 without getting the letter from the embassy (which is step one and hasn't been opened yet). I've not started filling out the PDFs yet, gonna wait til I have some spare time off. Getting your myCIC up and running seemed a little tricky and sneaky at first but if you follow the instructions its as plain as day. Let me know if you want me to spell it out for ye in links and overheads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lapstuds

this first come first served part of it, does that mean we will get any refunds if we are not accepted?, im working through go4less, ive a friend that used usit and he advised me against using them. just want to get out there already seems like forever to get organised

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

You will get your VISA app fee refunded. goforless to the best of my knowledge do NOT refund you the money you paid them. You pay them to check over your material and make sure everything is right. They do NOT guarantee you a visa though

Wel be counting down the days.. seems like all paperwork is changed altogether hopefully not to much take/waste more time completing them. No seems to really no anything or wont tell information on the program wish they wud get the ball rolling taken ages. is there any sort of paperwork i could be doing that ye have whats part 1 and part 2 about?? are they avaibable to any1 or are specfic visa companys giving them out if anyone hears more be greatful for an update

Wel be counting down the days.. seems like all paperwork is changed altogether hopefully not to much take/waste more time completing them. No seems to really no anything or wont tell information on the program wish they wud get the ball rolling taken ages. is there any sort of paperwork i could be doing that ye have whats part 1 and part 2 about?? are they avaibable to any1 or are specfic visa companys giving them out if anyone hears more be greatful for an update

This is step 2: Your MyCIC account is an online Canadian Government account to which you upload all your documents (police cert, passport scan...etc) and eventually apply for the CV. Go here, MyCIC Account, with your passport in hand and get your myCIC account setup. It's the blue "register" link in the second paragraph that you need to click on. You're probably best writing all your passwords etc down in a safe place.

When you have that done, go and do this questionnaire , it will give you a Personal Checklist Code at the end. Log back into your MyCIC account, somewhere it says "Apply Now", click that, enter your Personal Checklist Code and there you have it. Your work cut out for the weekend. Start uploading your documents. One document, is the Embassy Letter, which you will not have and won't have until Step 1 is completed (as detailed on the IEC website). This is what we are all waiting for. You won't be able to complete Step 2 until you have this letter, but its not possible to get it yet so don't worry about it right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Clubman2012

There seems to be alot of people panicking here already. i'm thinking of applying after a bit more research, but noticed last year the spaces took 6 months to fill. Why the panic????

Also, whats the story with the medical, I notice last year most people didnt have to do it? Not that thats a problem. Just trying to get an overall idea of the cost of an app.

Good luck

• Advertisement

yeah a lot of people panicking alright, i suppose since its online this year, it maybe be more efficient and they could be gone sooner. Also would you blame people for panicking at the thought of staying in this place for another year! haha

as for the medical, fill out the questionnaire which i have linked to in my previous post. you can do it as often as you like and it will tell you whether you need one or not, generally not unless you are going for teaching/nursing etc. the cos of a medical i can only guess, could be around the 100 mark and last i heard it is available in either ballincollig(my hometown funnily enough) or dublin. I can't be certain on this so don't take my word for it. :)

yeah a lot of people panicking alright, i suppose since its online this year, it maybe be more efficient and they could be gone sooner. Also would you blame people for panicking at the thought of staying in this place for another year! haha

as for the medical, fill out the questionnaire which i have linked to in my previous post. you can do it as often as you like and it will tell you whether you need one or not, generally not unless you are going for teaching/nursing etc. the cos of a medical i can only guess, could be around the 100 mark and last i heard it is available in either ballincollig(my hometown funnily enough) or dublin. I can't be certain on this so don't take my word for it. :)

Ha ha Good post.

It really is a kip isnt it. Me and the missus have jobs, Nurse and Accounting, and the place is just sucking the life out of todays young adults.

Everyone is plodding along making up for past sins.

One other thing. The first part. How do you get that up and running

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Anyone having problems with this now. I am getting a French message telling me Javascript has been deactivated.
    It worked about 10 minutes ago though...
    Ah. It seems to be working now after "refreshing" the page a few times.

Couple of questions.

Do I need to complete the IMM1295 form?
    Do I need to complete the Family Information Form IMM5707

How far back to we have to go with our CV. I have only included my relevant work experience from the last 5 or 6 years. I haven't included work stuff on my CV from late 1990s. I don't see the point, and my CV could be 4 or 5 pages then...

EDIT: Yes I do need to complete those forms. Busy over the weekend then.....

Can someone post a link to the account set up stage mentioned above??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

whats the first part to applying for the visa or should i wait until it opens?
    have ye guys started already?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 philo87

the IMM1295 application what is that exactly as when i click on it, it wont come up on my laptop. Is it the questionnaire i filled out when i was setting up mycic account?

philo87 wrote: »
    the IMM1295 application what is that exactly as when i click on it, it wont come up on my laptop. Is it the questionnaire i filled out when i was setting up mycic account?

IMM1295 is an application for a work permit

• Registered Users Posts: 22 philo87

Sorry feel stupid bt were do i get this want to get on to things early so im kinda orgainised

• Advertisement

One other thing. The first part. How do you get that up and running

If you are talking about Step 1(program eligibility assessment w/kompass account) as outlined in this link http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng&view=d , then it has not been released yet. It will be released before 1st February.

If you are talking about the first part of Step Two (MyCIC account setup) then follow the link to setting up your MyCIC account as I outlined in my post above.

Sorry, I'm outta time and i gotta get back to work!

Advertisement