Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interschools

• 03-01-2011 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I was just wondering if there is any up-coming interschools competitions.
    Where can i get the entry forms and do you have to have your 'C' test done?? :)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Have a look here
    http://www.hoofprints.ie/interschools.htm

Not sure re C test, but you'd want to be fairly competent.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

The regulations for the competition don't mention anything about riders requiring a C test, but you would need to be jumping 1.05m competently (max. height in jump off).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Niamh 16

oh ya! thats not a problem..:P im not a little riding school fool! :L its just our teacher is insisting we have to have our c done...but i dont cos my horse was too young and then i gave up pony club...so.. do ye know where i can get entry forms??:D
    do we have to wait till next school year to start or do can we start straight away?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Niamh 16 wrote: »
    oh ya! thats not a problem..:P im not a little riding school fool! :L its just our teacher is insisting we have to have our c done...but i dont cos my horse was too young and then i gave up pony club...so.. do ye know where i can get entry forms??:D
    do we have to wait till next school year to start or do can we start straight away?

Your teacher is probably insisting on it because of the Pony Club rule that competitors need their C test for most competitions. Is there anybody who could write you a reference/letter stating that you are of C Test standard?

From reading the rules, I don't think there's anything saying you can't enter for any competitions from now on. The entry forms are on the hoofprints website, as are the contact details for those organising each day's competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Niamh 16

Is the hoofprints league the only interschools showjumping competitions?
    Where can i get information and entry forms if there are other comps.?:confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement