Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fake Tan Recommendations

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mumtoe&e

M&S* wrote: »
    Isn't this stuff supposed to be just like St Tropez or am I thinking of something else.
    Thought you could only buy it offline though...

Yes, from an ex avid st tropez user, I can assure you that this is IDENTICAL to it!!! I am so so so happy, I was spending a small fortune on st tropez, and st moriz is 5e and absolutely brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

St. Moritz is brilliant. I tried loads of fake tans and this is the one that I can put on without going borange!!! Very pleased with it. I wore it to a black tie event and my best friend asked me where I got my tan done!

I would moisturize before putting it on though, it dries ridiculously fast! I would leave it on for at least 8-12 hours for a nice color to come up! :) I put it on for two consecutive days and I had a lovely tan! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

SAlly Hansen for instant or St. Moriz if you've time.

And no offence, but she wasn't asking anyone for their opinions on whether or not fake tan looks good, she's looking for a recommondation from people who do use it. Air your opinons inchatwalk if you must.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭E.T.

I think it depends on your own skin tone and type. I use st. tropez lotion all the time (diluted with the st. trop body lotion in winter) and it never looks orange - I get asked where I've been on holidays during the summer! I don't like the gradual version though, I find it goes patchy and too orange on my skin after a few applications. I've tried all the other "good" tans including Lancome Flash Bronzer, L'oreal etc and none of them come up a natural colour on my skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭sassychick

Have to agree the st moritz tan is fab....ive always used either sublime or bronze express but i love this one from penneys.Everyone always tells me my tan is lovley....cnt reccomend it enough:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I've been using WOW Brown (Which is Irish as well) and find it really good. Not orange at all. I have quite pale skin as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Sally Hanson for me does a great job I usually buy the lightest one as I am so pale, my sister got a tan from pennys and it looked gorgeous on her and it was dirt cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Shmatter

Pocketfizz wrote: »
    Sally Hanson for me does a great job I usually buy the lightest one as I am so pale, my sister got a tan from pennys and it looked gorgeous on her and it was dirt cheap.

Love the sally light tan too for a light but warm healthy glow.
    St. Moriz is amazing, everyone should try it cause it's dirt cheap, even in over priced pharmacies it's still only a fiver. But would again recommend making sure your very moisturised so it goes on smooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

My only complaint about St Moriz is that it starts to fade very fast - the colour is super natural though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭D e e

I like Liquid Gold and SunFX, I'm using both ATM. I used to use St Tropez but my local chemist stopped stocking it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Thanks everyone.

How many shades does St.Moritz come in? I saw it in my local Penneys on day, but I was on my way to the checkout as they were closing so I hadn't a chance to look at it properly.

From what I saw, it looked kinda dark coloured, but it could've been the lighting in the store though.

Is the St.Moritz ok for sensitive, dry-flaky skin?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Thanks.

Whatever you do, do not put fake tan on dry-flakey skin!!!!

Make sure to exfoliate and moisturise well before using any type of fake tan otherwise it will look awful!!!

Larianne wrote: »
    Whatever you do, do not put fake tan on dry-flakey skin!!!!

Make sure to exfoliate and moisturise well before using any type of fake tan otherwise it will look awful!!!
    The flaky skin is partly why I've never worn fake tan (apart from Dove Summer glow the odd time). It's not very flaky and seems to be getting better.

I use the Aveeno cream with cooling menthol which seems to help and I exfoliate every two days and lash the moisturiser on.

I'd obviously try it at home first a few times and see how it looked before venturing out lol.

Thanks for your suggestions/help, I appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭sunshine rose

How many shades does St.Moritz come in? I saw it in my local Penneys on day, but I was on my way to the checkout as they were closing so I hadn't a chance to look at it properly.

From what I saw, it looked kinda dark coloured, but it could've been the lighting in the store though.

Thanks.

As far as I know it only comes in one shade? I could be wrong though.
    I'm really really pale and I find it fine, looks really natural.
    I'm the same as you re dry skin and I just make sure to moisturise about 10 minutes before I apply the tan. I use the Dove Supreme Body Silk that comes in the white tub, and the tan goes on perfect.

When you first put it on it looks so dirty and like sh*t but don't be worried, it turns out fine!

I started using it over the summer, when I saw how cheap it was and I had so many people recommending it to me and tbh I would be reluctant to change back to my previous tans (still have sally hansen on standby for last minute jobs though!:p)

It's definitely worth a shot for €4:)

I'm the same as you re dry skin and I just make sure to moisturise about 10 minutes before I apply the tan. I use the Dove Supreme Body Silk that comes in the white tub, and the tan goes on perfect.

When you first put it on it looks so dirty and like sh*t but don't be worried, it turns out fine!

I started using it over the summer, when I saw how cheap it was and I had so many people recommending it to me and tbh I would be reluctant to change back to my previous tans (still have sally hansen on standby for last minute jobs though!:p)

It's definitely worth a shot for €4:)

Hey There
    St Moriz only comes in one shade - it is dark in the bottle - but its a tan that you apply at night and then wash off in the shower the morning after (exactly like st tropez) I was an avid st tropez user for 10 years until I cam across st moriz, I love it... I find it fades much nicer than st tropes too. The only negative I find is that when its on my skin my skin feels kind of rough, but nothing a good moisturiser wont sort out... as for is it suitable for dry flaky skin? I dont think any tan is really suitable for dry flaky skin is it? In order to get perfect looking tan you should really exfoiliate all the dry flaky skin away and moisturise really well. best of luck

Thanks for the help/suggestions everyone, I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Thank you.

How long does it take to come up properly? For example, a night out, how long before hand would I want to put the tan (St. Moritz) on? From you said, I am thinking it's not an instant tan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 lightglow

I started using St Tropez every day moisturiser over Christmas after my sister recommended it and it's brilliant. It goes on white like a normal moisturiser and develops. It leaves my skin lovely and soft, has a really natural colour, and most importantly for me, has no bad fake tan smell. It just has a light moisturiser smell, it's great.:)

Thanks for the help/suggestions everyone, I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Thank you.

How long does it take to come up properly? For example, a night out, how long before hand would I want to put the tan (St. Moritz) on? From you said, I am thinking it's not an instant tan.

Well if I was going out on Saturday night say, I'd probably have a shower Friday evening and apply the tan and wash it off Saturday morning. That gives me personally the most natural tan as it stays quite light.
    However for most nights out if I want to be darker, instead of washing it off on Saturday morning I'd apply another coat and wash it off Saturday night. So basically applying two coats on top of each other.

I know some people who don't wash it off at all and it still looks ok but nice and dark.
    I think its different for everyone so you'll probably just need a bit of trial and error with it to see what suits you best!:)

Thank you.

If I were going out on a saturday night, I would apply it on the friday night and then wash it off on the saturday morning.. I apply it quite heavily as in I put quite a lot on if I am going on a night out.. personally I dont know who someone would go out without washing it off (yuk)

Its a brill little tan!

Thanks a million everyone for the help.

For €4 I'll give it a go and see, least if it doesn't work for me, I won't have spent a lot of money on it lol.:D

• Advertisement

mumtoe&e wrote: »
    If I were going out on a saturday night, I would apply it on the friday night and then wash it off on the saturday morning.. I apply it quite heavily as in I put quite a lot on if I am going on a night out.. personally I dont know who someone would go out without washing it off (yuk)

Its a brill little tan!
    I've gone out with it on, never felt comfortable doing it with other tans but you can, it starts to come through about 4 hours into it so if you do it at like 6 you'll be the right colour in the end, would only do it with black clothes though. In general though put it on the night before, 8 hours should be the best time I'd say for letting it develop

Shmatter wrote: »
    I've gone out with it on, never felt comfortable doing it with other tans but you can, it starts to come through about 4 hours into it so if you do it at like 6 you'll be the right colour in the end, would only do it with black clothes though. In general though put it on the night before, 8 hours should be the best time I'd say for letting it develop

Yep anyone who I've seen with it on who didn't wash it off, still always looked good - it didn't look like they hadn't washed their tan off, I only knew because they told me.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 yummers

I have dry flakey skin and use tan all the time. Its grand as long as you scrub scrub scrub haha. only thing is I find after having tan on for about 4 days it irritates my skin so I have to take it all off and leave it off for about 2 days then start all over again. i just have really sensitve skin.

Does anyone else love the fake tan smell, I just love going to bed smelling it knowing I will wake up brown. :rolleyes:

yummers wrote: »
    Does anyone else love the fake tan smell, I just love going to bed smelling it knowing I will wake up brown. :rolleyes:

Yes gets me so excited, I think I was more excited to see how my tan turned out on xmas morning then presents!! Only love the fresh smell though, old smell is quite icky...

Was in the chemist today and they have two shade of St. Moritz, one was called "dark" and the didn't say what colour it was so I am assuming it is the light coloured one. I take it I should get the light coloured one rather than dark colour?

Also when you wash it off before going out, do you use a shower gel or anything? Stupid question, but I don't want to risk washing it all off.

Was in the chemist today and they have two shade of St. Moritz, one was called "dark" and the didn't say what colour it was so I am assuming it is the light coloured one. I take it I should get the light coloured one rather than dark colour?

Also when you wash it off before going out, do you use a shower gel or anything? Stupid question, but I don't want to risk washing it all off.

As far as I know there is only one colour for the mousse. Shower as normal, the guide colour will wash off but the rest will be fine!

Shmatter wrote: »
    As far as I know there is only one colour for the mousse. Shower as normal, the guide colour will wash off but the rest will be fine!
    Theres two colours, here is a link to each one.

St Moriz Instant Self Tanning Mousse Medium and St Moriz Instant Self Tanning Mousse Dark.

I'm guessing the medium is the one I should go for, I'll have a look at both in Dublin (if I can find testers of each) and then decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Is there much difference in st moritz moose and spray?

Theres two colours, here is a link to each one.

St Moriz Instant Self Tanning Mousse Medium and St Moriz Instant Self Tanning Mousse Dark.

I'm guessing the medium is the one I should go for, I'll have a look at both in Dublin (if I can find testers of each) and then decide.

I have never seen the dark one, must have!!!! Be careful with the testers, you don't want orange patches on your arm for a week :o
    I'd recommend trying the original first anyway, so you get a feel for the product, results will be less messy that way if they don't go to plan...

EDIT: Also use a tanning mitt for this one!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I have deleted the off topic posts. This thread is about recommendations for fake tan. Whether or not you agree with fake tan is irrelevant. Further off-topic posts will result in an infraction or a ban. Contact the mods if you have a problem with this. Do not reply on thread.

Advertisement