Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Forum Stats Updates

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    Drop off is really noticeable from March to August. It’s a mix of the winter blues are over with spring and holidays are here and people get on with their lives without Christmas.

As soon as the kids go back to school everyone’s mind begins to turn to Christmas and then the shorter evenings people begin to long for it.

Yeah, the kids going back to school is our first 'real' marker... still, I'm happy with my decision to stay active in here all year round.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 21,779 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I love the positivity and support in here , and hopefully by the time April comes , we'll be posting about Easter Eggs , and that'll be another major date crossed off the countdown to Christmas !
    (And also keep the post count up , :D)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I should clarify it's the target for January! :P

It's been a long week :(
    I figured it was that! :pac:

I do often find there is a drop off in the summer.
    Personally, I am usually enjoying the three hours of nice weather, the long evenings, getting out and about, trying to garden, walking the dog etc... plus planning/packing for holidays, and also busy at work covering annual leave. So I usually drop off myself for a little bit around June and July.

By the end of July my summer holidays are over, we have the August bank holiday coming up, Back to School stuff appearing in the shops, and the BT Christmas shop opening. Then it's Christmas mode with a vengeance! :D

Posy wrote: »

By the end of July my summer holidays are over, we have the August bank holiday coming up, Back to School stuff appearing in the shops, and the BT Christmas shop opening. Then it's Christmas mode with a vengeance! :D

That last paragraph gave me a shiver of excitement.... gas thing is itll be here before we know it.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

I was on my work sabbatical last summer for July and August so didn't post much as do most of my posting in work. Unlikely to happen again this year so will be adding to the post count this summer.

Reading some of the posts above, when you break the year up into milestone its amazing how quick it goes and will back round to the festive period again before we know it. Can already see the 'I know I say it every year however this year went by so quickly etc etc' :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

The year literally flies by! We are going away for a few days on Feb 28th and I was just showing the kids on the calendar this morning how long it is until we go. It's six weeks, SIX weeks & then it will be March! MARCH! :eek:

And roughly four weeks after that, I'll be the owner of three small humans! :eek::eek::D:D

CheerLouth wrote: »
    The year literally flies by! We are going away for a few days on Feb 28th and I was just showing the kids on the calendar this morning how long it is until we go. It's six weeks, SIX weeks & then it will be March! MARCH! :eek:

And roughly four weeks after that, I'll be the owner of three small humans! :eek::eek::D:D

Sh!t starting to get real CL! :D Hope you feeling OK, I know my wife always use to say the last few weeks use to drag so hopefully will fly by for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

It's been flying by so far! I do normally find the last two to three weeks hard going but it's always manageable! We haven't told anyone the actual due date this time around so I'm hoping to avoid all the "did you have that baby yet" messages that normally do my head in :P

I've always believed once you have kids attending school the year appears to go much faster. The fact the terms are broken up so much what with mid term breaks, bank holidays, Easter, summer etc.
    That way theres no real long stretch to make it appear like its moving along slowly and milestones come around quite frequently...

I'm convinced the years appear to go quicker since our two started school anyway. When they were in creche it was just creche all year round with a 2 week break for summer holidays & then the christmas holidays with nothing in between. So the in betweens seemed much longer. Now they have a break every few weeks.

St this rate I'll be 50 before I know it:eek:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So after 3 weeks of posting into the new year would anyone like to have a guess on what you think is the busiest day of the week and the quietest day of the week for posts on here?

• Advertisement

So after 3 weeks of posting into the new year would anyone like to have a guess on what you think is the busiest day of the week and the quietest day of the week for posts on here?

Busiest- Monday

Quietest- Friday

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

TRS30 wrote: »
    Busiest- Monday

Quietest- Friday

Quietest is Friday.... Monday is only the second busiest.

Quietest is Friday.... Monday is only the second busiest.

Randomly guess at Tuesday being the busiest.

DvB wrote: »
    Randomly guess at Tuesday being the busiest.

Is just about the 3rd busiest day.

Randomly enough the busiest day of the week so far for us is Wednesday, it seems hump day is tough, I think last year it was Monday/Tuesday were the 2 busiest days.

Is just about the 3rd busiest day.

Randomly enough the busiest day of the week so far for us is Wednesday, it seems hump day is tough, I think last year it was Monday/Tuesday were the 2 busiest days.

If the stats for a whole year show Monday & Tuesday being busier I suspect over time that will reassert itself.

I would have always suspected that I post more on Fridays (& maybe Thursdays) myself as I'm winding down the week whilst Mondays & Tuesdays are usually hectic, Wednesdays I'm normally on site so would expect to post less those days, but thats all in my head & could in reality be the exact opposite.

Aren't stats great though, love em!

If the stats for a whole year show Monday & Tuesday being busier I suspect over time that will reassert itself.

I would have always suspected that I post more on Fridays (& maybe Thursdays) myself as I'm winding down the week whilst Mondays & Tuesdays are usually hectic, Wednesdays I'm normally on site so would expect to post less those days, but thats all in my head & could in reality be the exact opposite.

I definitely find myself posting more Mon-Wed over Thurs-Sun, Monday and Monday Jr and Hump days are so bleak sometimes I come here for cheering up haha, there's light at the end of the tunnel come Thursday and weekend life tends to take over after that haha.

I definitely find myself posting more Mon-Wed over Thurs-Sun, Monday and Monday Jr and Hump days are so bleak sometimes I come here for cheering up haha, there's light at the end of the tunnel come Thursday and weekend life tends to take over after that haha.

Same, and I wager many regulars are similar hence thinking Monday would be busiest.

I was about 95% right on my guess so i'll take the win :)

89% of stats are great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

:D:D:D:D @ Monday jr

kitten_k wrote: »
    :D:D:D:D @ Monday jr

We all know it's true! :P

• Advertisement

4 days and 59 posts to go to beat Jan 2019 total :)

On course, and doing well with the posting so far to date.

We

can

do

it!

:pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Isn't

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

that

cheating?

• Advertisement

Asking

Advertisement