Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2021 General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,024 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A beautiful afternoon. Watch out for a nice Moon coming up just after 6pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Kunta Kinte

As it is now 1st March Spring 2021 has officially begun. Let`s hope it will be a good one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

My station says we only managed a 1c min. However, the frozen grass and cars would say otherwise.

It is an absolutely gorgeous early morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Nqp15hhu wrote: »
    My station says we only managed a 1c min. However, the frozen grass and cars would say otherwise.

It is an absolutely gorgeous early morning.

Air temperature is different to surface temperature.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Air temperature is different to surface temperature.

Easterly cool air just now but met;ie reads well.. Glorious sunshine and blue sky, azure ocean... No wind.... mmmmm! west mayo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Dull damp morning in D24. Band of cloud accross the middle of the island on sat.24. Hopefully it will clear off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Lovely start this morning, got a -2.0c air frost and a -5.4c grass frost.

https://twitter.com/LaoisWeather/status/1366317551756713985?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 7,095 ✭✭✭pad199207

Status Yellow - fog warning for Cavan, Donegal, Monaghan, Dublin, Kildare, Longford, Louth, Meath, Offaly, Westmeath, Leitrim, Roscommon, Sligo

Met Éireann Weather Warning

Dense fog in places leading to hazardous driving conditions.

Valid: 00:00 Tuesday 02/03/2021 to 10:00 Tuesday 02/03/2021

Issued: 13:48 Monday 01/03/2021

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭OldRio

Dissapointing day. Misty start to the day. Cloud lingered around for far to long. Blue Sky and sunshine now but the wind is so cold. Should get a good view of Mars near the Pleiades tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭DumbBrunette

Nice day above the clouds in the Dublin hills this afternoon, there was real warmth in the sun.

545504.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,677 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

felt fairly chilly today in Meath with alot of mist and low hanging cloud, but we managed to get some sunshine in the evening which was pleasant enough.

Back from my hike, I was able to leave after 5pm, which I haven’t done in months.

There appeared to be an inversion of sorts. The grass is still brown from the snow and frost a few weeks ago.

smY5wVS.png

b3Sgzgy.jpg
    sOZJgkk.jpg
    1eesUHp.jpg
    TJsPTGM.jpg
    Gst0rVg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

A fantastic day. Pity this is going to end after 5 days. I'd happily take two weeks of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Gonzo wrote: »
    felt fairly chilly today in Meath with alot of mist and low hanging cloud, but we managed to get some sunshine in the evening which was pleasant enough.

Yeah felt chilly in the breeze alright, no cloud from around 11.30 here, clear and sunny from then onwards

• Registered Users Posts: 7,095 ✭✭✭pad199207

Stunning day today in Kildare with wall to wall sunshine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,107 ✭✭✭highdef

pad199207 wrote: »
    Stunning day today in Kildare with wall to wall sunshine

Only some parts of Kildare. Lol

Beautiful Moon low in the sky to the ESE now. Orange glow from it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Met Eireann forecasting rain for the South East on Sunday and Monday. Nice to get a spell of bright dry weather all the same, it's been lovely here since Thursday. The place has already dried out considerably and even though it's cold it's so nice to be able to just get out for a walk without getting soaked or blown away!

Much duller here in Castlebar today. Dont think the sun will break through at this stage

Dull cloudy and cold. Promise of Sun in the forecast has not materialised.
    Leitrim.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,677 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

This feels a bit like last August, promise of sun that doesn't deliver with mist and low hanging wall of cloud.Temperatures rather on the low side considering the warmth of the uppers. Definitely some inversion taking place.

Definitely some colder air filtering through, only 8c - in sunshine.

Just 4 degrees at Knock at 3pm in low cloud. Belmullet is 11 degrees in "fair" conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,570 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

No wind, not really cold in Dublin, was really nice to jog in at lunch. I like these days even though sunshine would be welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Artane2002

I posted on the winter thread by accident so I'll move my post here
    very dense freezing fog in Dublin 5, definitely one of the thickest fogs I can remember. I wasn't expecting to wake up to this

it ended up staying cloudy for the whole day after the fog cleared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Grand days in the Deise (inland anyway the coast might be duller with that SE airflow). Might get the grass cut yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,079 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Lovely few days in West Clare. Today was sluggish, overcast until about 2pm when hazy sunshine became dominant.

Was sunny for the rest of the evening, fairly hazy still though and only about 5/6km visibility.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Blue skies from the frosty start this morning to sundown here around Tralee.

Up to 12.8C and currently 7.2C

Looking at the Sat Pic I guess we were lucky here today.

Been a tremendous spell of good weather, great drying .

HY03u5L.png?2

Dry dull and very calm here just east of Castlebar.

• Advertisement

Cold and calm. The only upside. No rain.
    Leitrim

Advertisement