Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SportsDirect.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Seve OB wrote: »
    I'm sorry your time is so precious. But in fairness it wouldn't take much to just look at the last few pages where it has been mentioned countless of times.

questions like this which show pure ignorance and laziness should deserve a ban

Deserve a ban? How about calm down. You dont have to respond to it do you.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

Fastway are the greatest shower of unreliable chancers ever.I swore i would not use them ever again after the last time they messed up my delivery.
    I am still waiting on a delivery of stuff from sports direct through fastway..tracking said yesterday my goods were delivered and signed for at 11am.
    I was in the house all day yesterday and no person came any where near my front door and trying to contact fastway is like trying to talk to god..never again

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Sn@kebite

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Sn@kebite

GHOST MGG wrote: »
    I am still waiting on a delivery of stuff from sports direct through fastway..tracking said yesterday my goods were delivered and signed for at 11am.
    I was in the house all day yesterday and no person came any where near my front door and trying to contact fastway is like trying to talk to god..never again
    It's funny you mention that. I was waiting at my home on a delivery with UPS and on their app it stated the driver needed authorisation to enter a premises "such as gated property or electronically controlled access point" .my house does not have anything such as this unless it's my future self after winning the lottery.

I immediately rang UPS and told them not to deliver as the driver was clearly not at my house. I said keep the package in Finglas and I will collect it because I didn't want it delivered to the wrong address. The rep on the phone even told me this was the most sensible decision. That says a lot imo.:rolleyes: It was an awful journey to Finglas to get it, but I got it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

I'm sorry your time is so precious. But in fairness it wouldn't take much to just look at the last few pages where it has been mentioned countless of times.

Deserve a ban? How about calm down. You dont have to respond to it do you.

But if he doesn't reply how would we all know how cool he is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Random Bloke

Got an email from Sports Direct, but it's on their websites https://ie.sportsdirect.com and https://www.sportsdirect.com

Black Friday promotion - £10 (€12) off a spend of £50 (€60). The discount is given by way of a voucher which can be used against future purchases.

Terms and conditions here https://www.sportsdirect.com/customerservices/termsandconditions/websitetermsandconditions

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Was hoping they would just have a 20% off promo code

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

Can we return items to sports direct shops in Ireland?

Don't want to have to post something back to the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭waxer1986

no they wouldent do it for me told me i have to be sent back cos i got them online...***** lol

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Doubt it - doubt they'd be able to deal with the FX conversion in store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Haven't bought from sports direct in a while, have they started to let us collect items in-store like they do in the UK yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

Had to return a few items from sports direct 2 weeks ago.
    Paid 16.50 with parcel motel .
    Applied for shipping returns with PayPal and waiting for them to get back to me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,568 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

honda boi wrote: »

PayPal returns normally pays the postage refund back in 3-5 days

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

OmegaGene wrote: »
    PayPal returns normally pays the postage refund back in 3-5 days

Put a request in on Thursday/Friday .
    How long do you wait to hear back from them?
    Or the reply you get is that your refunded?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,568 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Put a request in on Thursday/Friday .
    How long do you wait to hear back from them?
    Or the reply you get is that your refunded?

They normally reply saying thanks and your request is being processed and then a few days later the refund comes through

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

https://www.parcelconnect.ie/return/retailer/sports-direct/

Parcelconnect have partnered with SportsDirect, returns are 6.95e.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Cowboys ted-tried to return something with parcel connect they dont even let you know when they are going to pick it up-you have a very short window to get stuff back to sports direct-im still waiting on parcel connect to email me back that was a month ago

• Registered Users Posts: 8,625 ✭✭✭corks finest

mean gene wrote: »
    Cowboys ted-tried to return something with parcel connect they dont even let you know when they are going to pick it up-you have a very short window to get stuff back to sports direct-im still waiting on parcel connect to email me back that was a month ago
    I returned with fastway , driver forgot to scan my parcel,lost,took months for them to refund me( fastway)

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭luvlyjubbly

if you pay by paypal you can claim the cost of return back from paypal

• Registered Users Posts: 8,625 ✭✭✭corks finest

if you pay by paypal you can claim the cost of return back from paypal
    Yeah but the problem was sports direct had no proof I actually sent it back( fastway lost item,and driver didn't scan it after picking it up) so SD / fastway were blaming each other,in the end I knew a guy in fastway to sort it,,,,took months

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Free delivery till tomorrow midnight using FREEDEL via the app.

sd-freedel-nye-homepage-311218.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

Davy wrote: »
    Free delivery till tomorrow midnight using FREEDEL via the app.

sd-freedel-nye-homepage-311218.jpg

Do you have to use PM for this? Got the app but it's all in Sterling

(Sorry I'm sure this is answered somewhere on thread)

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

(Sorry I'm sure this is answered somewhere on thread)

I had that problem before, others could change to Euro, I couldn't, so bought nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Three lines top left, then Currency, then € changes it.

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Three lines top left, then Currency, then € changes it.

Thanks for that. Got there in the end.

Bloody shocking app, a five minute order took half an hour - amazing that people get paid to design something so brutal. Happy with what I picked up tho

• Registered Users Posts: 12,386 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

It's usually best to select your stuff on website and then do ordering on app

• Registered Users Posts: 51,098 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I find that that usually the prices can be slightly cheaper on their UK site than on the Irish one which seems to be rounded up generously to their advantage. The rare time I'm buying from SD, I buy from their UK site using my Revolut card which gives a better exchange rate so the savings are worth it. Better the few euro in my pocket than in Mike Ashley's.

bazz26 wrote: »
    I find that that usually the prices can be slightly cheaper on their UK site than on the Irish one which seems to be rounded up generously to their advantage. The rare time I'm buying from SD, I buy from their UK site using my Revolut card which gives a better exchange rate so the savings are worth it. Better the few euro in my pocket than in Mike Ashley's.

I somehow ended up being billed in Sterling anyway. €45 and change versus their Euro price of €51ish though I'm sure my bank will make up the difference (finally signing up for Revolut today)

Have had two of the items cancelled so far for no stock mind you.

Won't be bothering with them again too much hassle for what are basically Penneys clothes with names on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

I can't find the discount code box on the app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,386 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

kn wrote: »
    I can't find the discount code box on the app.

It's at payment stage

Advertisement