Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile phone unlocking Galway.

• 06-09-2008 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

hi, i have a few mobile phones that need unlocking, they are on english pay as you go ( t mobile) so i need them unlocked too take any sim card
    can anyone tell me where i can do this in galway.
    oh and also how much it will cost in london its 99p!! lol
    thanks

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,353 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Theres a place down shop street. You'll see the guys carrying signs advertising it. Cant remember off hand where exactly, or how much because they couldnt unlock my phone at the time. Probably more then 99p.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭fish fingers

theres a place on eglinton st as well. across from the sony centre

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Theres one upstairs above the joke shop, there is also a place beside that beside the army/navy store. I don't know the prices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

what's wrong with the internet? depending on the model there are plenty of sites where you can get codes for free for unlocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭Keith186

Here don't use the free websites as the codes are out of date and you only get 3/5 goes, go to this site and check if your phone can be unlocked in readme thread.
    Its actually only for nokia and iphone if you go to higher thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,594 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Theres a place down shop street. You'll see the guys carrying signs advertising it. Cant remember off hand where exactly, or how much because they couldnt unlock my phone at the time. Probably more then 99p.

Was 15-yoyos when I went there a few months back.

They only charge if they actually can unlock your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Franky Stein

There was a place on the headford road beside the bicyle shop and the end of the dyke road, not sure if he is still there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

There was a place on the headford road beside the bicyle shop and the end of the dyke road, not sure if he is still there

pretty sure that's gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Twinksno1flan

hi, i have a few mobile phones that need unlocking, they are on english pay as you go ( t mobile) so i need them unlocked too take any sim card
    can anyone tell me where i can do this in galway.
    oh and also how much it will cost in london its 99p!! lol
    thanks

20 euros in Dublin.

£4 quid in London.

Galway,"how much were you thinking of spending"?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

pretty sure that's gone.

ya that place is a t-shirt shop now i think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

the one above the joke shop, the man who owns it was in there and was the most arrogant person i have ever met, ( he wasnt irish or english but thats besides the point)
    i went too the one on eglington street cartronix, and unlocked 4 phones for a really good deal, i have NEVER had a phone unlocked where the memory/ contacts/ photos werent deleted, everything was still there!!:)

so cartronix eglington street is the one! and you can haggle a deal with him too:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

the one above the joke shop, the man who owns it was in there and was the most arrogant person i have ever met, ( he wasnt irish or english but thats besides the point)
    i went too the one on eglington street cartronix, and unlocked 4 phones for a really good deal, i have NEVER had a phone unlocked where the memory/ contacts/ photos werent deleted, everything was still there!!:)

so cartronix eglington street is the one! and you can haggle a deal with him too:pac:
    was above the one in shop st today and guy (same)
    was really friendly to me, got it unlocked for €15 too.:)

minxie1 wrote: »
    was above the one in shop st today and guy (same)
    was really friendly to me, got it unlocked for €15 too.:)

well that couldnt of been the owner of the shop because he wouldnt know friendly if it bit him on his ass, im glad you didnt have the same experience as me though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

If I'm not mistaken, they're Germans in that shop. (heard them talking amongst each other)

Germans don't do small talk - that can make them seem unfriendly to Anglophones who are the kings of small talk (so much so that it's often joked that Anglophones rarely communicate but are always talking)

I had a great experience up there yesterday - got a charger port that the cat fecked up fixed (25) and a snappy new housing (25 - bit expensive compared to eBay, but you pay for the instant take home). It's like a new phone and I'm delighted :D

Xiney wrote: »
    If I'm not mistaken, they're Germans in that shop. (heard them talking amongst each other)

Germans don't do small talk - that can make them seem unfriendly to Anglophones who are the kings of small talk (so much so that it's often joked that Anglophones rarely communicate but are always talking)

got nothing too do with them being german, i worked for BMW, for 10 years had too go too germany many times, the man was ignorant and arrogant, and a slap head as well, which made me laugh, got nothing too do with any cultural background he is just a ass hole plain and simple

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Nebuchadnezzar

Does anyone know the names and/or numbers of the place(s) in galway that unlock phones? I had a phone unlocked in the place above the joke shop a few year ago and they were great they did it in a few seconds! Now I want to contact them to see it they can unlock a N95 from the three network because I'm not in galway at the mo...
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ponderingfurthe

hey netbuzzer did you find out how much it cost?
    thanks
    or anyone what's the general price range for a Nokia 2220

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Why not try one of these yokes? http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12167

I got one for a UK Orange-locked Nokia N95 last year, worked a treat and you can move it from phone to phone (just needs a small mod to your sim card). I was quoted nearly €40 to unlock an N95 in a Galway shop so this neat little €5 device saved me quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 pzer

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Why not try one of these yokes? http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12167

I got one for a UK Orange-locked Nokia N95 last year, worked a treat and you can move it from phone to phone (just needs a small mod to your sim card). I was quoted nearly €40 to unlock an N95 in a Galway shop so this neat little €5 device saved me quite a bit.

How does this work? Does this little jobby stick to your sim card and need to be left in the phone full time.
    Seems pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Patti D.

anyone got a contact number for the phone unlocking place above joke shop thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭scottledeuce

Thanks for the tip on the I-smart sim MayoForSam,

I've seen it being installed on a few youtibe videos and looks quite straight forward

I was in the one above the joke shop today and I have to agree with ukgalwaymcguire on the fact that the guy was p**s ignorant, Was ranting to someone in the shop about having to get people to sign disclaimers and seems to have the opinion that Galway people are out to do a fast one on him.

The girl who dealt with me was nice enough but 25 euro to run a piece of software on a phone!!! I've ordered a few of those sim's since they are so cheap and I've only heard good things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭tanyaog2007

Krieg wrote: »
    Theres one upstairs above the joke shop, there is also a place beside that beside the army/navy store. I don't know the prices

i wudnt go there got my old phone done thoght it wud be only abt a tenner as that is what i payed for in roscommon, it was fckn 35euro, and the phone was worth abt 70 at the least. id try the net or buy a turbo sim off ebay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Verbal_Kint

as far as i know you can do it yourself. there is a code you get off the internet with directions for each phone how to unlock it. crazy to pay these guys when you can do it yourself in about 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Superhoops

I saw a shop downstairs in Corbett Court earlier today €20 to unblock any phone..Very exspensive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Theres a taxi driver that unlocks phones. Check the Classifieds in the advertiser, he had an ad in sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Duffster14

Hi does anyone know of any website or place that can do this places in galway don't seem to be able to unlock it as it is only a new model??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭inisboffin

I think the lads in the printing shop, bottom of Dominic St, opp the Indoor Market do phone unlocking. They have been extra nice whenever I was in for stuff, but no idea what they charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Duffster14

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 m.anna

Superhoops wrote: »
    I saw a shop downstairs in Corbett Court earlier today €20 to unblock any phone..Very exspensive

But they charge only if they are able to ulock the phone. It takes them few minutes. Some time ago I unlocked a phone (some guy in Barna, friend took myphone to him to have it unlocked) and all memory was gone, they did it without any scratch to the memory.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement