Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sticking stainless steel to glass?

• 01-11-2011 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi,
    Bit of a problem-my kitchen table has a glass top with stainless steel legs coming from it. A few nights ago one leg fell off.
    I asked in my local hardware store what would be most suitable for sticking it back on and they told me TEC7.
    This worked for about a day and it fell off again when the table was holding up Sunday dinner! I tried again with it and it just isn't strong enough.
    Anyone with any idea what I cn use to stick these two polished surfaces (glass and stainless steel) together?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

fastford wrote: »
    Hi,
    Bit of a problem-my kitchen table has a glass top with stainless steel legs coming from it. A few nights ago one leg fell off.
    I asked in my local hardware store what would be most suitable for sticking it back on and they told me TEC7.
    This worked for about a day and it fell off again when the table was holding up Sunday dinner! I tried again with it and it just isn't strong enough.
    Anyone with any idea what I cn use to stick these two polished surfaces (glass and stainless steel) together?

Clean off all traces of the TEC7, u may need to use meths or some similar solvent.
    Then use a clear epoxy glue, u can get it in woodies or b and q or a motor factors

I had the same issue and thats how I fixed it

use a one part clear, not a 2 part as they are not clear

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭deandean

There's a special adhesive you can buy in auto shops for bonding the rear view mirror to a car windscreen. Should to the job.

How'd you break the leg off?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 fastford

Thanks for the info lads.
    Don't know what happened the leg-there was a crash in the middle of the night and when we investigated the table was lobsided with the leg lying under it.Bit of a mystery!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

fastford wrote: »

Looks like the table manufacturer hasn't figured it out yet.
    If the legs have no connection to each other, I don't think there is anything that would make that table safe.

Advertisement