Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Opening a bestman speech as Gaelige

• 04-12-2018 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi Guys,

I'd love to open my bestman speech at the weekend with a few lines in Irish.
    My pronunciation is decent however I don't trust google translate to whip up a nice sentence or two.
    Any help would be gratefully appreciated!

I'd be delighted just to be able to open the speech in Irish so if someone has the time to translate the following, it would be great!

"Ladies and Gentleman,
    Welcome to.......
    Listen up please. The most important speech is about to start."

Thanks in advance!
    Ron

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MactheKnife90

Ronan_eire wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I'd love to open my bestman speech at the weekend with a few lines in Irish.
    My pronunciation is decent however I don't trust google translate to whip up a nice sentence or two.
    Any help would be gratefully appreciated!

I'd be delighted just to be able to open the speech in Irish so if someone has the time to translate the following, it would be great!

"Ladies and Gentleman,
    Welcome to.......
    Listen up please. The most important speech is about to start."

Thanks in advance!
    Ron

A dhaoine uaisle.
    Ta failte romhat a bainis Liam agus Michelle...
    Eist go cúramach an óráid speisealta

Non fluent speaker but always a student of the language its more a hobby hope it helps. A fluent speaker would fix this much better. This will pull you out of a hole if no one else gets in touch

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ronan_eire

A dhaoine uaisle.
    Ta failte romhat a bainis Liam agus Michelle...
    Eist go cúramach an óráid speisealta

Non fluent speaker but always a student of the language its more a hobby hope it helps. A fluent speaker would fix this much better. This will pull you out of a hole if no one else gets in touch

Thanks pal, appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MactheKnife90

Ronan_eire wrote: »
    Thanks pal, appreciate it!

No worries. As I say its probably not perfect but its not bad. It makes sense. Liam and Michelle was just threw in as an example obviously change that to your bride and groom names ha

Advertisement