Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jastine Valdez found dead. No Ana discussion please. Mod warning post 1

• 20-05-2018 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

A woman is feared to have been abducted yesterday in broad daylight, just outside Enniskerry, Co. Wicklow. The same village where Annie McCarrick was last spotted. Frightening.

Gardai are appealing for information.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/missing-woman-24-feared-to-have-been-abducted-in-co-wicklow-1.3501945

Mod warning

This is a final warning.

Speculation of any kind is not allowed here. You can discuss articles, news reports or any factual aspect of the case. You can sympathise, you can ask why. Making up what ifs is not allowed

I did not think I would ever have to say this but ANYONE who disrespects Jastine Valdez in this thread is getting an immediate ban from this forum. Some of the crap I have had to read this morning has angered me more than anything I have read on this site before.

This poor girl has a family and friends. She was 24 years old and is being mourned. If people do not have respect then they are not welcome here.

For the majority who have posted in a respectful manner we thank you. Please report any posts that require moderator attention.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,216 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Gardai have urged public to be vigilant for vehicle reg 171-D-20419

Gardai have this evening urged the public to be vigilant for a black Nissan Qashqai jeep with registration number 171-D-20419.

Officers are seeking to locate it in relation to missing Jastine Valdez.

However the public have been warned not to approach the vehicle if it is spotted - but to immediately call 999.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Really hope there is a positive outcome in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Oddly hope it's someone she knew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

The country’s gone mad

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

First up on Six One. Obviously being treated very seriously. They have the reg of the vehicle and know the owner but not his whereabouts. Doesn't sound like a random abduction?

God help her. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Doesn't sound good. Very specific about the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,216 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Happy4all wrote: »
    Doesn't sound good. Very specific about the car.

CCTV confirmation perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Larry Murphy mother was buried the other day. Winder did he come back for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

ted1 wrote: »

Bit harsh there Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭ted1

ted1 wrote: »

Bit harsh there Ted.
    Not really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,214 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Bit harsh there Ted.

Harsh? How?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

ANDREWMUFC wrote: »
    The country’s gone mad

How so?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭AmberGold

They know the man they are looking for but haven’t released the name, odd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Kennedy Young Wheeler-dealer

AmberGold wrote: »
    They know the man they are looking for but haven’t released the name, odd?

My thoughts too. Why not put out an appeal; even just for him to contact the Gardaí?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭cocaliquid

Attacks on women out by themselves are happening more often. Is it time women should be allowed carry pepper spray. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

cocaliquid wrote: »
    Is it time women should be allowed carry pepper spray. ?

Allowed?

Anyone can buy a small can online and keep it in their purse.

Its about as illegal as holding a small amount of weed, which people everywhere do all the time.

When was the last time you were stopped for a pepper spray check?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

The girl was reported missing. A member of the public seen a kidnapping and reported the reg. They found her phone at the scene as far as I know.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Attacks on women out by themselves are happening more often. Is it time women should be allowed carry pepper spray. ?

I've gone googling stats for this as I was curious about your statement but I haven't came up with a site that gives a decent breakdown of attacks on women out by themselves specifically.
    Could you point me in the direction of where you get your facts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

PLEASE SHARE -

Disappearance of Jastine Valdez, Enniskerry, Co. Wicklow.

Gardaí in Bray are appealing for information following the disappearance of a 24-year-old woman from Enniskerry, Co Wicklow. Jastine Valdez from Enniskerry, Co. Wicklow was last seen when she left her home yesterday afternoon (19/5/2018).

She was reported missing to Gardaí by her family late last night. Her reported disappearance followed an earlier incident near Enniskerry when shortly after 6.15pm Gardaí received a report of a female pedestrian being forced into a car on the (R760) south of Enniskerry. The car involved in this incident was described to Gardaí as a dark coloured Nissan SUV.

Jastine is described as approximately 5ft in height, of slight build with long black hair and brown eyes. When last seen she was wearing a dark coloured jacket, white t-shirt, grey leggings and runners.

The scene on the R760 is currently preserved and local traffic diversions are in place. An incident room has been established at Bray Garda Station. A case conference has been held by investigators and Gardaí liaising closely with her family.

Investigating Gardaí are appealing for anyone with information in relation to the disappearance of Jastine to contact them. They are particularly appealing for information on or sightings of a dark coloured Nissan SUV partial registration 171-D-2****.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Bray Garda Station 01-6665300 the Garda Confidential Line 1800 666 111 or any Garda Station.

Patww79 wrote: »
    Why are they blocking the reg now? They originally had it unhidden, was that one wrong?

No idea just noticed that actually .

Maybe it's not the correct reg .

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Not petty at all. I'm not calling the poster out. I would have thought such attacks were falling in numbers (based on nothing) so I'm curious to see some statistical facts on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

If Gardaí have a number plate, are they able to instantly check where/when (if) it went through any tolls recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Earlier reports had the partial reg, probably because it was from an eye witness who saw it happen and maybe they didn't get the whole thing.
    Since then they have probably matched it up with the right vehicle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Wheres Me Jumper?

do you ave evidence of this, or are you simply speculating?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭beechwood55

The reg is vehicle reg 171-D-20419
    They have identified the owner. And are looking for him. According to the Independent.ie
    Investigating detectives are currently examining a number of possible sightings of the vehicle since the abduction took place, including reports of a woman in distress in the rear of a dark coloured Nissan in south Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Thread stickied and reg added to title.

• Advertisement

The reg is vehicle reg 171-D-20419

The official Garda release just used 171-D -2
    So chances are they looking at a different reg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement