Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rebuilding Ireland home loan

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I’m trying to get through all of these pages but there is so much to read :D

Has anyone applied for this and been approved when only one person is working?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kbman

I'm sure several people fit that criteria, I fit into that category also, I was approved by 2 County Councils and continuing the process with Wicklow CC.
    Currently awaiting formal notification on extension to our inital 6 months.

Best of luck with your application

kbman wrote: »
    I'm sure several people fit that criteria, I fit into that category also, I was approved by 2 County Councils and continuing the process with Wicklow CC.
    Currently awaiting formal notification on extension to our inital 6 months.

Best of luck with your application

Thank you so much for this info :)

We are only at the very start of application but we are so used to being told no that we are not exactly hopeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 deedee26

I was approved as a single application.
    I was very lucky with all that is going on that my mortgage cheque arrived in my solicitors office in the middle of March and council agreed to do signing through registered post.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Has anyone heard when the local authorities are going to start accepting new applications again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Cheesepuffs

gandalfio wrote: »
    Has anyone heard when the local authorities are going to start accepting new applications again?

Our CC never stopped. Just said there will be a delay

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Our CC never stopped. Just said there will be a delay

Got a reply from Fingal this morning to say that they still aren't taking new applications and they have no time frame on when they will be.
    I wonder why others councils can still accept and process them while Fingal can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Cheesepuffs

Anyone know what the below means and how long should it take roughly

‘All new applications are currently being forwarded as per procedure to the Housing Agency’

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Shellzer123

kotac24 wrote: »
    Hi sorry only now I saw this...
    Basically I was just waiting for the cheque and the keys, sale agreed 7th of January, final approval, all valuation and everything done, full deposits paid, contracts signed, all completed by the end of February... and since then just waiting... and then few weeks ago re-evaluation because of COVID-19, payslips again, salary certificates, solicitors and owners going crazy etc... we are going crazy etc... :)
    We are dealing with Fingal County Council, and also I understand them they have to re-evaluate things because of COVID etc, but this waiting is killing us, we packed all of the things in March as my wife is pregnant and we were hoping that the new baby will come in the new house, but baby didn't wait that long, he came yesterday in the old apartment, so currently unpacking bunch of boxes around etc... :D

Hi kotac, congratulations on the baby. Happy times ahead for u both. Hopefully u get the keys and loan cheque soon.
    Im still waiting to hear back from them so fingers crossed its soon

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Dankarl

Can anyone tell me what are the steps to this application?

What happens when you post to the local CC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 tealover6

Hi we are just starting to look into this now, I have tried to read through all comments. So just want to confirm but we are applying as a joint mortgage on one income . (34,000) we pay rent of €1000 a month - no other big expenses just the usual bills, we are hoping to clear debt and just save 30% of our deposit over the next 12 months -we can get the other 70% off family- and Then we should be in an ok position to try get a small mortgage with rebuilding Ireland Scheme? the calculator is saying around 140,000 ( we live in an area that we could get something for this at a stretch). I haven’t seen anything about kids playing a factor in the decision has anyone found otherwise? As we have 3. Is there anything I am leaving out or not thinking of and has anyone managed to get offered something on similar figures?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

Waiting to hear back half a year now following application, always told it is "with underwriter but there is a backlog."

That may be but....this is human beings you are dealing with. Not rocks. Who exactly can wait forever? It seems they know people are desperate and have nowhere else to turn to and there is no oversight process to make sure at least half-reasonable time frames are being adhered to. It's not "Rebuilding Ireland" it's "Make Ireland wait on application forms until it croaks."

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Sulli83

Anyone with approval receive an e mail this week stating the their County Council had received new guidance on Rebuilding Ireland Loan Application from department?

We were initially asked to provide confirmation that employment status hadn't changed for either myself or my partner which fortunately it hadn't. We then received a strange and ambiguous e mail including the statement in the above paragraph.

Sulli83 wrote: »
    Anyone with approval receive an e mail this week stating the their County Council had received new guidance on Rebuilding Ireland Loan Application from department?

We were initially asked to provide confirmation that employment status hadn't changed for either myself or my partner which fortunately it hadn't. We then received a strange and ambiguous e mail including the statement in the above paragraph.

Nope, I haven't received any emails like that, but i'm not sure if the admin in my CC is back yet.
    If the information in the email isn't specific, i'd call the CC your dealing with about it.
    You'd be best to contact the admin in your CC if you receive those types of emails, could be valid, but could be a ploy to get some data

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Sulli83

kbman wrote: »
    Nope, I haven't received any emails like that, but i'm not sure if the admin in my CC is back yet.
    If the information in the email isn't specific, i'd call the CC your dealing with about it.
    You'd be best to contact the admin in your CC if you receive those types of emails, could be valid, but could be a ploy to get some data

Thanks, that's definitely what we need to do now. It's pretty difficult to get a hold of anyone dealing with the Rebuilding Ireland Loan in our CC and has been throughout the process even pre-COVID. We sent a response e-mail but haven't received a reply. The admin dealing with our application ended their previous correspondance with 'a further email will issue shortly', that was a number of days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Junadl

Hi guys. So we have just posted back the Mortgage protection scheme forms. Does this mean we have a chance of getting the mortgage? As we haven't been formally offered it yet but I presume we will if we had to sign mortgage protection forms?
    Anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 WhatsUp2014

Hello ,

I was wondering if I could get some advice I am thinking of applying as a sole applicant for a mortgage in the Midlands area , what's is the criteria when filling out the form as it asks for the address that you want to apply for. I have read on this forum people just got approval and then went to look at houses how do you apply then pick out a house upon approval also does someone applying alone to buy a house usually get approval

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Lwoods90

Hello ,

I was wondering if I could get some advice I am thinking of applying as a sole applicant for a mortgage in the Midlands area , what's is the criteria when filling out the form as it asks for the address that you want to apply for. I have read on this forum people just got approval and then went to look at houses how do you apply then pick out a house upon approval also does someone applying alone to buy a house usually get approval

Hi,
    We applied and was told we can nominate a house at a later date.

Anyone know what the below means and how long should it take roughly

‘All new applications are currently being forwarded as per procedure to the Housing Agency’

I'm case you didn't get the answer already, you can apply yo several cc's based on areas where you'd like to consider looking. Each council sends your application to the housing agency for underwriting/credit checks etc. Once this comes back to the council, a credit committee meeting is held where they Confirm who will be given approval in a block of a number of applications as I understand it.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Dankarl

Hi,

Can I ask if the calculator amount is equal to the amount offered?

Our offer from Main Street Banks is €92,000 ( 2 kids ). Could we actually get a family home based on RBI calculator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭raheny red

raheny red wrote: »
    The MPI payments are suppose to go down after 12 months? We're with Fingal since Feb 2019 and we're still repaying the exact amount. Anyone else in the same position or see a drop in theirs after a year? Thanks.

Going down next month by €3. Yesssssss.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭kiva989

Mine has done down by about 2 euro with FCC.

Has anyone who has ever gotten the Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan been successful in moving their MPI from the one the council hooks you up with to an alternative one you can source yourself?

The difference in cost is outrageous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

If I apply for a mortgage of say for example €100k and I put an offer on a house which gets accepted at €98k, do I just get the €98k or do I get the €100k?

If I apply for a mortgage of say for example €100k and I put an offer on a house which gets accepted at €98k, do I just get the €98k or do I get the €100k?

Sadly just the amount you went sale agreed at I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

kiva989 wrote: »
    Mine has done down by about 2 euro with FCC.

Has anyone who has ever gotten the Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan been successful in moving their MPI from the one the council hooks you up with to an alternative one you can source yourself?

The difference in cost is outrageous.

Its in the terms of the scheme that you have to be on the groupscheme, once you have taken out the loan with MPI, it's included to the end. From what i've read on here its expensive but it covers you for a lot.

When you first submit your application forms and all documents requested, do you get an acknowledgment of receipt?

When you first submit your application forms and all documents requested, do you get an acknowledgment of receipt?

We didn’t, we submitted to 2 councils and both didn’t send anything.

With us, we got a letter from 2 councils we submitted with a reference number that we should use for correspondence and that the application has been received.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 gnr vr fan

Dankarl wrote: »
    Hi,

Can I ask if the calculator amount is equal to the amount offered?

Our offer from Main Street Banks is €92,000 ( 2 kids ). Could we actually get a family home based on RBI calculator.

Yes it was with me the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 gnr vr fan

Junadl wrote: »
    Hi guys. So we have just posted back the Mortgage protection scheme forms. Does this mean we have a chance of getting the mortgage? As we haven't been formally offered it yet but I presume we will if we had to sign mortgage protection forms?
    Anyone know?

Yes it means you have a chance. I assume you have approval in principle at the mo.

In my case I was given the Approval In Principle at the same time I was given the MPI forms.

Advertisement