Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

50% of Hair Restoration for 1,000 Hair Follicles

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Kepler 186f

mrcheez wrote: »
    Interesting, is it that some of the new follicles haven't started to grow yet, or does each hair gain thickness over time?

I don't have an educated answer on that, I would assume the hair follicles gain thickness

is that related to the July coup attempt or did it just feel dodgy the first time around?

There were a number of attacks prior to going, not helped with its proximity to Syria. When I was there I felt fine but I was still paranoid and kind of waiting for an explosion to go off. Then more recently the attack on the airport that I passed through, the coup ..... I don't take too many chances so once is enough for me IMO

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I got laser eye surgery on one of these types of deal sites. it is legit, they do it to get an influx of business and get the word out etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Rebekah Shy Quarter

Hi, yes 8 months in and I'm happy with the progress. Not as thick at the crown area but I knew that would be the case and majority of work occurred at the front on top. No regrets, here are a few pics ....

Hey Kepler just seeing ur post on Cosmedica now. You had great success with it. Did u have much more growth after ur 8 month pics? I am considering going to Cosmedica also. Thanks

I cannot believe the success almost 2.5 years in, which is only really apparent when I see photos taken prior to having the procedure. I have no regrets and if I decide to ever have another procedure on the crown area I will be going back to Cosmedica

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,614 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

any chance of latest pic pls?

I cannot believe the success almost 2.5 years in, which is only really apparent when I see photos taken prior to having the procedure. I have no regrets and if I decide to ever have another procedure on the crown area I will be going back to Cosmedica

Any chance of some new pics? I am hearing great things about Cosmedica. I am glad it worked out for u.

Hey Kepler any chance u could post pictures on boards? Sorry about this but just can't open link in email. Thanks☺

Any chance u can send an update pic in boards Kepler? Sorry about this but just can't open link in email. Thanks☺

This pic is from this am which I tried to add and temporarily forgot how to do.

40481196200_8a37261efc_b.jpg

And to remind you of how it was before ...

42287278621_6f3c332421_b.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,614 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Impressive, nice job!

Thanks Kepler. That's a serious difference am sure ur delighted. Cosmedica is the way forward for me so I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

Crazy progress. It's actually brilliant to see more and more lads being so open and honest about getting these procedures done and the general stigma that used to surround HTs seems to have really gone away. Over the last few years it seems like the industry is capable of some seriously impressive things. It'll be incredible if they manage to have a breakthrough with the stem cell hair replication stuff soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Totally agree , Was travelling back to Dublin via Istanbul a couple of weeks ago and there were 4 guys on the flight from Istanbul who obviously just had the procedure done, They were all travelling separately but stood out like sore thumbs..

Yeah for sure. A life changing experience that will bring your confidence back. Money well spent if u ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

Following this post. Can't see follow at the moment on the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 piazzola

Hey man thanks for sharing this. Fair play, serious results there. Im very close to going with Cosmedica. Only thing is - when im a good bit older if I ever wanted to shave my head (when the rest falls out), are the scars from this transplant gonna be obvious any ideas??

Hey man I am going to Cosmedica on the 1st November for the Job. I was advised by Mike the UK Consultant that I need about 3500 grafts. If u shave ur head a couple of years later there will be no scarring at all as they extract the follicles. If u went for the strip surgery u would have a scar alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Hey man I am going to Cosmedica on the 1st November for the Job. I was advised by Mike the UK Consultant that I need about 3500 grafts. If u shave ur head a couple of years later there will be no scarring at all as they extract the follicles. If u went for the strip surgery u would have a scar alright.

How much does it cost for the 3,500 grafts, Rebekah Shy Quarter?

It's the same price for a max of 5000 grafts. They have 3 different packages now. One for €1990, then €2550 and other for €3550. The first 2 are done by technicians and the most expensive is done by surgeon Dr Acar. I am going for the 2550 package. If u look up getmorehair.UK. Mike smith is the UK Consultant. He is very good and had a hair transplant done in Cosmedica. I have done a lot of research and think Cosmedica is the best. Any other questions let me know ðŸ‘

• Advertisement

Hey Kepler, went to Cosmedica on the 1st November for my Transplant. Could you tell me how many graphs you got transplanted? ðŸ‘

Good stuff and hope it all works out for you like it has for me. I believe I had the max amount which I believe was 4500 at the time

Yeah worked out great thanks. Going through the shedding stage now but will be worth it in the end. Are u taking any tablets or Meds still? Or finasteride? Decided not to take Finasteride myself.

Hi, no I never took finasteride or any other medication after the procedure. I used and continue to use Bioxine hair shampoo from Boots. I think I took a vitamin B herbal tablet for the first 12 months

Cheers Kepler. Yeah have 12 months supply of vitamins and shampoo also. Cheers for advice.ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ceistagam

It's the same price for a max of 5000 grafts. They have 3 different packages now. One for €1990, then €2550 and other for €3550. The first 2 are done by technicians and the most expensive is done by surgeon Dr Acar. I am going for the 2550 package. If u look up getmorehair.UK. Mike smith is the UK Consultant. He is very good and had a hair transplant done in Cosmedica. I have done a lot of research and think Cosmedica is the best. Any other questions let me know ðŸ‘

This has been a great thread to follow.

I have been in contact with Mike and Cosmedica and looking at a possible date in the New Year. My main deliberation at the moment is whether to go option 2 or 3. Rebekah Shy Quarter did you consider 3 or were you happy with 2 all along?

Thank you to Kepler for your openness and honesty it's very much appreciated from someone weighing up their options ðŸ‘

No hassle all the best. When I went I thought the procedure was being carried out by Dr Acar, he oversaw it but the technicians did it and as far as I’m concerned they did a good job.

Yeah was very happy with option 2, 70% less pain. Was 10 hours long and got 4900 grafts. Went for option 2 due to price. The results will be the same no matter what option u go for. Go for it man I cannot praise Cosmedica enough.were a Pleasure to deal with. For €2550 for 3 nights hotel stay, 2 prp sessions and 12 months supply of medication, and of course up on 5000 grafts. You will meet with Dr Acar and he will draw ur hair line which he recommends. Yeah thanks Kepler for all the advice, u gave me the push to go to Cosmedica. Mike smith is there everyday for you to answer any questions, he's a legend. Any other questions let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Trek Man

Hey Kepler. Just a quick question. I am 12 months post op from Cosmedica. Great results but still a bit thin. When do u think u had ur final results? Thanks.

• Advertisement

Hi Trek Man, I cannot really recall as it was now quite a long time ago. But definitely at the two year stage (judging by my update post on page 3 of this thread). All the best and hopefully the results work out

Advertisement