Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50% of Hair Restoration for 1,000 Hair Follicles

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭mel123

Theres some threads about it in the mens lounge or whatever its called if your interested in it

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Joziburg

I'm always dubious about such a reduction for a medical procedure. Anyone experience with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Kepler 186f

bawnBeag wrote: »

It's a reasonable deal as far as we usually get ripped off for most things in Ireland.
    I had a procedure done in Turkey with 4500 grafts for that price. So in comparison it's not really a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

It's a reasonable deal as far as we usually get ripped off for most things in Ireland.
    I had a procedure done in Turkey with 4500 grafts for that price. So in comparison it's not really a good deal. Ide be prepared to send u a 1month progress pic if you pm me

You have to continue with a regime of using Regaine indefinitely after right?

mrcheez wrote: »
    No but it probably depends on who does the procedure. I was given a weeks meds, I was recommended on using a herbal anti hair loss shampoo, take a number of vitamin b tablets and another prescribed drug for 6-12months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Is this also valid for pubes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Sono

I had a procedure done in Turkey with 4500 grafts for that price. So in comparison it's not really a good deal.

How's the head of hair looking now? Would love to do it if I could afford it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It depends on the transplant. If you restore a receded hairline of any degree, then yes, you will need to stay on regaine + finasteride for life, or else you will continue to lose non-transplanted hair behind the transplant.

If you're practically bald and just get a transplant to restore a bit on top, then no as transplanted hair is immune to male pattern baldness.

2K is a good price for a clinic in Ireland. However 1000 grafts would be for someone who still has an OK head of hair but missing the temples/crown. If you were in the advanced stages of hair loss you would require several times that amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

You are not your hair.

Sono wrote: »
    How's the head of hair looking now? Would love to do it if I could afford it!
    I'm happy with the results 5 weeks post treatment but proper results are generally seen around the 3 month mark. It took me two years of toying with the idea, saving and research to make up my mind

• Advertisement

A few folks have PM'd me asking for some further info and progress pics, I wasn't sure how to send pics so here goes.

The main doctor at the clinic is called Doctor Acar (on youtube), the place is called Cosmedica (videos of procedure are on youtube) which is located inside the Medical Park Hospital in Istanbul, Turkey.
    Here the link for them http://www.whatclinic.com/hair-loss/...air-transplant
    Their price includes up to 5000 grafts, two nights hotel, airport and hotel to clinic transfer. A lot more than anything we would get here for €2000.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,000 ✭✭✭mad m

@Kepler

FairPlay to you for posting up pics. Looks good. Unfortunately it's too late for me...:)

Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

A few folks have PM'd me asking for some further info and progress pics, I wasn't sure how to send pics so here goes.

The main doctor at the clinic is called Doctor Acar (on youtube), the place is called Cosmedica (videos of procedure are on youtube) which is located inside the Medical Park Hospital in Istanbul, Turkey.
    Their price includes up to 5000 grafts, two nights hotel, airport and hotel to clinic transfer. A lot more than anything we would get here for €2000.

So with this procedure is there any chance the transplanted hair may go again?.. I assume you'd have to go back if it started to recede at the sides?

jobless wrote: »
    So with this procedure is there any chance the transplanted hair may go again?.. I assume you'd have to go back if it started to recede at the sides?
    I can't give an educated answer as I'm a patient as opposed to a Doctor or pro in this field. But I do know that the hair that is transplanted to the bald area is taken from the back and side section which generally isn't affected by "typical male pattern baldness" as in my situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mad4road

Looks like a success so far. Fair play for having the balls to go ahead with it man ! Looks like a great choice

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭pillphil

jobless wrote: »

AFAIK the transplanted hair should be fine, however the rest of your hair may continue to recede (if it would have anyway had you not had the procedure). To prevent this, you need to take something to prevent further hair loss indefinitely.
    That's what's putting me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

It's the drugs you have to take with it that bother me. Otherwise it's a no brainer. In a few years it will be more advanced.

They did a great job for you in Turkey you can see it already. Hopefully it goes all well when it grows in a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 azMark09

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

azMark09 wrote:
    I really want to get this done but because it's Turkey, I can't help but have reservations. Also, because I suffer from depression, anything which comes with medication gives me concern.

The end result may help with your depression. I'm sure you could find out what meds you'd need to take and then talk to your GP. Get their advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

hey man, any update on this now that's August? any pics now?

maybe this thread should be moved to The Gentlemen's Club

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

Is this also valid for pubes?
    Can some one tell me why i should not be Laughing ar this.:eek:

hey man, any update on this now that's August? any pics now?

maybe this thread should be moved to The Gentlemen's Club

Hi, yes 8 months in and I'm happy with the progress. Not as thick at the crown area but I knew that would be the case and majority of work occurred at the front on top. No regrets, here are a few pics ....

I concur with your thoughts in this thread potentially being moved to The Gentlemen's Club

• Registered Users Posts: 9,856 ✭✭✭dodzy

Hi, yes 8 months in and I'm happy with the progress. Not as thick at the crown area but I knew that would be the case and majority of work occurred at the front on top. No regrets, here are a few pics ....

I concur with your thoughts in this thread potentially being moved to The Gentlemen's Club

Well done Kepler, looking good. On reflection, it's prob the best money you've ever spent ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

Great results Kepler, congratulations. Are you currently taking Finasteride?

Great results Kepler, congratulations. Are you currently taking Finasteride?

Cheers, I haven't been taking finasteride due to one of its potential side affects. It was recommended by the Doc so I am now considering on starting it

dodzy wrote: »
    Well done Kepler, looking good. On reflection, it's prob the best money you've ever spent ?

Cheers, definitely the best value for money that I've ever spent

Nice one, looking great, will the hair thicken up more or would that basically require more implants?

Nice one, looking great, will the hair thicken up more or would that basically require more implants?

Hi there, I hope it will and the Clinic advises that the maximum results will be evident after one year. What makes sense is that after four months there was an improvement, after 8 a drastic improvement when I look back at pre op pics.
    Besides the hair growing longer in the crown area, I'm not sure that'll thicken up much more as it wasn't the main transplanted area.
    I of course could get a second round to focus on that area but I'm not sure I would personally risk travelling back to Turkey. I'll take round 1 as a win and leave it as is.
    Good luck to all

Hi there, I hope it will and the Clinic advises that the maximum results will be evident after one year.

Interesting, is it that some of the new follicles haven't started to grow yet, or does each hair gain thickness over time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

but I'm not sure I would personally risk travelling back to Turkey.

is that related to the July coup attempt or did it just feel dodgy the first time around?

Advertisement