Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon Echo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Pretty good deal. Been checking for couriers delivering to Ire but cant find any.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Do they deliver to UK? Could use parcel wizard/motel if so. Let me know if that works.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,401 ✭✭✭droidman123

It states clearly that they only deliver to metropolitan france and monaco.if anyone wants,they could try france office,its a parcel wizard type operation,i,m not sure of their prices

That frence office services looks expensive. You have sub to it for a min 1 month and 1 delivery on that you're talking about 25eur.

Probably handier waiting for the UK site to have them on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

There are a couple of mail forwarders in France

airnshop - http://airnshop.com/
    colisexpat - https://www.colisexpat.com/pages/en/
    Parcl - https://fromfrance.parcl.com/

If they deliver to Germany you could use mailboxde.com

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

The most they've ever dropped to on Amazon UK is £70.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭odddavey

Pugzilla wrote: »
    The most they've ever dropped to on Amazon UK is £70.

68£ inc delivery. Not sure if they post directly to Ireland.

Amazon Echo (2nd Gen) £67.93 @ QVC - potentially £62.93 with code FIVE4U (New Customers only)

http://www.qvcuk.com/Amazon-Echo-2nd-Generation-with-Alexa.product.513952.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Doesn’t seem to be away around the French only delivery,well a cheap option. I way wait for for a good deal in the uk.
    Thanks for all the suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭odddavey

harr wrote: »
    Doesn’t seem to be away around the French only delivery,well a cheap option. I way wait for for a good deal in the uk.
    Thanks for all the suggestions.
    I can't see it going below 63 pounds. Think you should of gone with the QVC offer. Gone back up now to 99£.
    For anyone who did order. Do you have to use addresspal or parcel motel. What was the full price?

Im getting an Amazon Echo second generation from America,My sister is out there and they are 80 usd.My question,before she buys it,will the power adaptor that comes with it work in Ireland? Can it be charged via a USB connection?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Im getting an Amazon Echo second generation from America,My sister is out there and they are 80 usd.My question,before she buys it,will the power adaptor that comes with it work in Ireland? Can it be charged via a USB connection?

They're not micro usb you'll need a plug adapter

Thanks, does that convert American wattage to work here? What sort of thing do I need to get for it to work here, sorry, bit thick about these things?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Thanks, does that convert American wattage to work here? What sort of thing do I need to get for it to work here, sorry, bit thick about these things?

Just your standard adapter you'd get for holidays

I'd imagine a regular adapter with usb port will work. Not sure what you mean by charge but afaik, this device is mains only, there is not internal battery. Im open to correction on that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

odddavey wrote: »
    I can't see it going below 63 pounds. Think you should of gone with the QVC offer. Gone back up now to 99£.
    For anyone who did order. Do you have to use addresspal or parcel motel. What was the full price?

They post direct to Ireland for £4.04 so with the discount code the delivered price was £65.64.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 hudsonn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

hudsonn wrote: »

Lots of discounts across the entire Echo range, must be due a refresh? Yet again, Amazon pick the most random discount seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,303 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

what are the differences from the original Dot?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Sound quality is a lot better in the new one.
    Its slightly bigger and isn't powered by USB any more either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Waiting for a discount on the echo auto, probably won't see one until prime day/Black Friday though.

• Advertisement

BBMcQ wrote: »
    Lots of discounts across the entire Echo range, must be due a refresh? Yet again, Amazon pick the most random discount seasons.

They seem to be doing these one day price drops a lot these days. They dropped the Echo Dot to £30 last month so I grabbed one. Went back up to £50 the next day - as has this one which is now back at full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

They seem to be doing these one day price drops a lot these days. They dropped the Echo Dot to £30 last month so I grabbed one. Went back up to £50 the next day - as has this one which is now back at full price.

Yeah , seems very random . The dot with clock is 55 today. It was 35 a couple of weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Back up to £49.99 unfortunately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

BBMcQ wrote: »

They do it randomly alright, but normally not due a refresh just trying to shift stock.

I picked up the echo dot with clock for 25 pounds the other day. Had the GIDT05 vouchers remaining......

I would expect they will do it across all amazon stuff over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

most Amazon Echo (and other devices) on sale again...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

That's a great price for the Echo 3rd gen. I bought two the last time they were reduced to use a stereo pair. Not quite as a good as a Sonos One, but for that price, fantastic for the kitchen!

This is the only time I've ever seen the Echo Studio reduced in price.

Only £40 off but still quite tempting.

Introducing Echo Studio | High-fidelity smart speaker with 3D audio and Alexa

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Not familiar with the Echo Studio.
    Reviews aren't great.
    What is it? Just a bigger Alexa speaker?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,303 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

This is the only time I've ever seen the Echo Studio reduced in price.

Only £40 off but still quite tempting.

Introducing Echo Studio | High-fidelity smart speaker with 3D audio and Alexa

140 I’m seeing

Edit: 40 off, read it wrong!

Advertisement