Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't find the 3Gs anywhere..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭barry181091

The o2 online store has the 32GB available now it says. I don't know how reliable that it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Polly74

The o2 online store has the 32GB available now it says. I don't know how reliable that it though.

Well I placed an order online yesterday morning for a 16gb iPhone 3GS and my order status still says "PENDING!" WTF!???? They shouldn't be selling them online if they are not available or are on back order. It says delivery within 3 working days but I am not holding my breath!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 chisler

Ordered on Tuesday lunchtime, delivered Thursday lunchtime. 16GB version. Was in O2 Dundrum today to get my old number ported and even the girl behind the desk was surprised. She said they had 16 in stock at opening this morning and within 40 mins were sold out.

Here are my order details:
    iphone_order.gif

So I'm one happy/lucky *$^%$(^&

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭scolari-ire

Just ordered one for the second time, hopefully there will be money in my account this time :D, everyone here who ordered the same time as me last time seems to have gotten their phones already. Delivery seems to be picking up from what it was..."Typed with crossed fingers"

Nice one Chisler, just got the "Received" acknowledgement message on mine now. Hopefully get the processed one before COB today. Why don't the shops have them if it's possible to order them online!!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 chisler

No idea how they decide on the split between shop/online orders. If I'd known it would only take a couple of days ordering it online I'd have done it weeks ago instead of spending every spare minute walking into O2/CPW and feeling stupid for asking if they had any in stock.

One thing, the An Post tracking number was filled in on the O2 order page AFTER I had received the phone. The link to An Post didnt contain the number so it looks like its not working but I figured if its been given to An Post on wednesday evening it must arrive on thursday morning. I rang O2 to get the tracking number from them.

I stayed home from work until 12:30 waiting but no sign of it. Got into work and rang An Post customer service, the girl said they tried to deliver it a 12:35 (:confused:), I went to the sorting office to pick it up with no delivery docket, just the tracking number and drivers license. The bloke behind the counter said it had only arrived like 5 minutes before :D

The things you do for your gadgets :O

I looked at ordering one online there a week or so ago and it didn't give me the option to, maybe they have just received a new batch of them. Anyway, hopefully my order will be processed this evening. It's a pity it's a bank holiday weekend, will probably have to wait until Tuesday!! :(

Yay, I am being "Processed"!!! Is there an post delivery on a Saturday!? please, please, please!!!!

Nope and its a long weekend, so you wont get it until Tuesday at the earliest ! Sorry.:(

Bam 16GB & 32GB out of stock on the o2 website :( I wonder is Apple holding stock on purpose to push up hype about the phone...hmm...

• Advertisement

Jesus, I was lucky, must have got one of the last few. Deadly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I rang o2 yesterday in Limerick. And they had 2 32GB white in stock, but they were only going to sell them to customers who were on billpay. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭trev44

im a little confused here.
    i'm a current o2 current bill customer. does this mean that i cant get an iphone via the site the o2 site and that i have to go to an o2 shop?

incidentally i'm the account manager for my companies o2 account and our business account manager can do nothing to help me and i cant even order the phone through them which i can do for every other phone.
    t

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Every single type of customer, except existing O2 Billpay customers, can get the iPhone off the web. Which sucks something massive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

The O2 website is a bit weird when it comes to ordering online. A few months ago I ordered an iPhone 3G on pre-pay. There was no contract or porting or anything to do be done, they just had to send it out. Yet for some reason my order sat as "Pending" even though they had charged my credit card. I mean surely once they charge your card the order should be some other status?

Anyway for whatever reason I cancelled the order and got the money refunded but I didn't like the way they charged me but still hadn't accepted or shipped my order.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Roro4Brit

What is the deal with the iphone 3GS and it being so hard to get? Is this some marketing tactic from Apple or is just that O2 have crap distribution networks and totally underestimated demand?

Also does anybody know if you can get them in Carphone Warehouse? It may sound silly but if the O2 stores don't have then does that mean the CW stores wont either?

I want the 16GB Black or White, the colour doesn't bother me.

I've called into about 5 O2 stores this weekend. All refuse to put one on hold for me as I am on another network at the mo. They all have no idea when their next batch is in.

And what is the deal with the lack of ability to answer their store phones! Jesus! If i didn't love the iphone so much I'd have given up long ago!

Does anybody know of any stores that have some left!? I'm in Dublin and I'm willing to travel to Wicklow/Wexford/Meath/Kildare/Westmeath just to get it!

None of the above stores will answer their phones and I don't really fancy driving there and chancing my arm!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭w@ll3gurl

Roro4Brit wrote: »
    What is the deal with the iphone 3GS and it being so hard to get? Is this some marketing tactic from Apple or is just that O2 have crap distribution networks and totally underestimated demand?

sorry mods i know i posted this link before somewhere (cant remember which thread though?) but i think it would be useful for Roro4brit

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8162798.stm

I hope they get it sorted soon. i got a 3GS when i ordered online on launch day but the amount of people still waiting is something fierce. all i can say, if its any use, is do wait because it is SO worth all the scheming, planning, stressing....the best gadget i ever bought ever! and i have a lot of them!:D

I also want a hat like these japanese guys in the article.....now *where* can i get one of those? :D:D

Thanks for that w@ll3gurl.

Now I def need to get my hands on one in the next 2 weeks! I think if they launch in 20 more countries when they can't even meet the existing demand then I'll never see one!

It's quite annoying and I'm so jealous of you and yours :(

It best be worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭w@ll3gurl

:D
    Thanks for that w@ll3gurl.

Now I def need to get my hands on one in the next 2 weeks! I think if they launch in 20 more countries when they can't even meet the existing demand then I'll never see one!

It's quite annoying and I'm so jealous of you and yours :(

It best be worth it!

Ah i feel bad for everyone waiting :o i know i was stressed out about buying mine online (i was abroad on launch day) and i think the people in the hotel thought the crazy irish woman might need some valium when the internet didnt work! thankfully it did eventually.

but yeah, i really hope Apple have copped on, i mean the older phones were popular.

Keep the faith though.....is SO worth the wait! and at least when u get it, you will know that buzz will not wear off!!! what did i ever do without my iPhone????? i just cannot even think what. If anyone asks me a question about anything now my first thought is, there is probably an app for that LOL :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭maninblack

order online from o2's site if they have any available.

I rang every shop every day for about a week like a total idiot before I just ordered online. Ordered on the Friday, had the phone in my hand the following Wed! ;)

Wasn't too bad at all, was expecting to be waiting at least 2 weeks!!

• Advertisement

Guy selling one, here!

I am expecting mine tomorrow, it's bloody ridiculous, I have actually been having dreams about it, can't wait. I feel sorry for my girlfriend!! :D

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=134101&cat=14

Polly74 wrote: »
    Guy selling one, here!

I am expecting mine tomorrow, it's bloody ridiculous, I have actually been having dreams about it, can't wait. I feel sorry for my girlfriend!! :D

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=134101&cat=14

Im excited too but dreams about it, I don't think so :p

Did you get the 16 or 32GB version ? Just wonder which is the most popular one, I think i'll get the 32GB one.

It has very good memory speeds I read. . .A far cry from the lethargic N95 mass memory speeds, lol :P I assume you can use the Iphone as a mass memory device ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

not officially. you'll probably have to jailbreak for any customizability

still scarce in Limerick :(

I got the 16gb, the 32gb aren't as available as the 16gb, besides I think that 16gb is plenty.

Regarding the speed of it, all you have to do is look at youtube and the tests people do between the 3G and the 3GS. The difference is quite amazing. Considerable differences in the times taken to open the most popular apps.

Another reminder of Apple's unethical and disappointing business practices (OT but related):

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/owner-of-exploding-ipod-threatened-with-gagging-order-1849685.html

Wouldn't be surprised now if Apple was keeping back 3GS stock for hype.

Lucky you mate! Sadly they have stopped taking orders via their website and just have 'out of stock' up.

Will keep an eye out for them to enable it again. I think i'll just keep looking online and get it from them there instead of stalking the shops (who by the way I'm still annoyed at for never answering their phones!)

I think at this stage all I need is some patience....and a healthy dose of reality...by which I mean I need to remember it is only a bloody phone at the end of the day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Seriously, just keep an eye on the O2 website and on the day give a walk into the store whether you think they will have one or not. I did around midday last Thursday with nothing on me, and walked out a few hours later (after another subsequent visit with my documentation) with a 32GB white 3GS.

Lucky you mate! Sadly they have stopped taking orders via their website and just have 'out of stock' up.

Will keep an eye out for them to enable it again. I think i'll just keep looking online and get it from them there instead of stalking the shops (who by the way I'm still annoyed at for never answering their phones!)

I think at this stage all I need is some patience....and a healthy dose of reality...by which I mean I need to remember it is only a bloody phone at the end of the day!

I fully empathise with you. Ringing shop after shop and just having the phone ring out is really f'ing frustrating!! Best to just check the website in the every morning and then again every evening.

When I was looking for the phone they were in stock on the Wed.... I decided to sleep on it. Woke up on Thurs anyway... "OUT OF STOCK". :rolleyes: Thought I had missed the boat. They came back online on Friday afternoon in stock.

So just keep checking, it could take a week to come back in stock, but then again they could be back online tomorrow. Keep an eye on it and you'll get one eventually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

Seems like what cartman did in cartmanland :P

• Advertisement

lol reminds me of cartman waiting for the wii

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3tr5gzyCd8

Advertisement