Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Silver Crest Blender not working

Options
  • 12-10-2019 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭

Hi guys. I bought a really nice looking, sturdy blender at Lidl - a SiverCrest model; but when I tried to run it, it didn't work. I contacted the customer service department of Lidl and they sent me a replacement blender very quickly.

I plugged it in and turned on the setting and it worked fine. However, when I tried to use it later nothing happened - the same as the first faulty one.
    I would like to keep it, and try to determine what caused it to fail.
    Could it be that the fuse (13 amp ) is the cause?

I have other SilverCrest appliances that work fine - never had a bit of a problem with them. I'd like to fix this one if possible. Any suggestions as the the cause please? :confused:

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,326 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It you want to test the fuse, take it out and try it in the plug of a different appliance. Doesn't have to be a heavy duty appliance like a kettle, anything will do to test if the fuse has blown. If the lead comes out of the back of blender, unplug it and try it in an an appliance with the same interface, that's easier than swapping the fuse.

If the fuse is ok then you'll have to go back to Lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭phater phagan

coylemj wrote: »
    It you want to test the fuse, take it out and try it in the plug of a different appliance. Doesn't have to be a heavy duty appliance like a kettle, anything will do to test if the fuse has blown. If the lead comes out of the back of blender, unplug it and try it in an an appliance with the same interface, that's easier than swapping the fuse.

If the fuse is ok then you'll have to go back to Lidl.

Thanks Coy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭whizbang

Are you sure you are locking the jug in correctly?

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭phater phagan

whizbang wrote: »
    Are you sure you are locking the jug in correctly?

Yes Whiz. I have made sure that the jug and plug and even the top is on and secured. The puzziing thing is that the replacement blender worked when I just did a small test before, and when I actually put any vegetables in when I went to use it properly it was dead. It has become a mystery that I'm determined to solve. I'm looking for a electrical repair place to satisfy my curiosity at this stage.
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I gave up on electrical appliances from Lidl this year. They are consistently bad quality.

• Advertisement
Advertisement