Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

10% cashback when buying through Currys online

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭return guide

donnyvegas wrote: »
    For AIB customers who have registered for VISA rewards.

Max €100 cashback, must be bought online and delivered.

End date 6th December.

I know there is a massive thread on this VISA scheme but this is a legit good deal...not 3% off on chocolate, as it usually seems to be.

Terms and Conditions
    To redeem this offer, you will need to make a purchase at currys.ie, including taxes and after any discounts. Offer valid for one purchase completed online. Reserving online and paying in-store will not qualify for cashback. Offer is limited to 1 cashback per Cashback Service account. Only the first eligible transaction made on any card registered to your account during the offer validity period will be eligible for cashback. If you have more than one card registered on your account, you will still only be paid cashback for this offer once, regardless of the number of purchases you make during the offer validity period. Offer not valid on purchases made using gift cards. Maximum cashback reward of €100.

Cheers Donny, got €97 back into the account on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

Cheers Donny, got €97 back into the account on Friday.

Great saving. You are welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭EireLemon

Do you have to sign up to the Visa website or can you just order from your card and you'll automatically get 10% cashback?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Pinkman

I bought an LG tv and got 10% cash back. It arrived today but much to my surprise doesn't have an audio out port for my headphones. I am going to have to return it for a Samsung instead but I don't know how to avail of the 10% back offer on that as it is limited to one per account? I have already received the money into my account so I presume they will just take it back once the refund is processed? Very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭BArra

I would check if it has bluetooth, plenty of options for bluetooth headphones on amazon, if you are happy with the tv bar the headphone out option that is

• Advertisement

BArra wrote: »
    I would check if it has bluetooth, plenty of options for bluetooth headphones on amazon, if you are happy with the tv bar the headphone out option that is

Do all modern TVs not have an audio out for aux cables anymore do you know? I am looking at Samsung Smart TVs on Currys and they only mention an Optical port as well. Seems very odd. I have wireless sony headphones but need the audio out port for the receiver. Is there any adaptors available?

I don't see any mention of bluetooth unfortunately.

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/lg-43uk6950plb-43-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-led-tv-10178160-pdt.html

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭chonix

EireLemon wrote: »
    Do you have to sign up to the Visa website or can you just order from your card and you'll automatically get 10% cashback?
    You have to register. The schema does not work like in other parts of the world, where you inherit the benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

Pinkman wrote: »
    Do all model TVs not have an audio out for aux cables anymore do you know? I am looking at Samsung Smart TVs on Currys and they only mention an Optical port as well. Seems very odd. I have wireless sony headphones but need the audio out port for the receiver. Is there any adaptors available?

I don't see any mention of bluetooth unfortunately.

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/lg-43uk6950plb-43-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-led-tv-10178160-pdt.html

I bought the cheapest TV going (JVC) on Currys and it has a AUX.

BArra wrote: »

I was wrong - it does have Bluetooth but it appears from looking online it's only compatible with LG headphones. My Sony headphones are not being picked up when I search to pair them.

The Sony equivalent has a 3.5mm jack. https://www.currys.ie/ieen/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/sony-bravia-kd43xf7596bu-43-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-led-tv-10178142-pdt.html

donnyvegas wrote: »
    I bought the cheapest TV going (JVC) on Currys and it has a AUX.

Does that JVC have the Plex app on it do you know? Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭the_galway_fry

Is it a once off only offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭maik3n

Is it a once off only offer?
    I'd say she will probably come around again at some point, Christmas perhaps but it's hard to know when exactly. :cool:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Bought iPad Pro online last Wednesday.
    Arrived Friday.
    Cash back in account on Monday.

Smooth and hassle free process. Thanks Visa and OP for highlighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Cash back received within a few days here too

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mfield

I don’t see Curry’s listed on my rewards. Does that mean I can’t avail of the offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭maik3n

mfield wrote: »
    I don’t see Curry’s listed on my rewards. Does that mean I can’t avail of the offer?
    I'm afraid so.
    I think the window has now closed. It may well come around again though.

Mind you, it has been suggested that offers are tailored to your shopping habits but I'm not quite sure about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,088 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I ordered through Currys online 10 days ago.

Still yet to even receive any delivery information, but have received 3 receipts of purchase.

Their customer services is possibly the worst I have ever experienced, as they have none. I cannot even ring them as I don't have a delivery tracking number to tell them about.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

maik3n wrote: »

Mind you, it has been suggested that offers are tailored to your shopping habits but I'm not quite sure about that.

It looks like it is.
    My UB Visa Debit offers page showed Currys, but my PTSB offers page didn't.

Advertisement