Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Can of Linden Village.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

YFlyer wrote: »
    Can of Linden Village.

Might as well.
    Who else is keeping up with their new year's resolutions of clean living eh?

Breakfast will be hummous on toast again, and coffee.

I made tuna and white bean "salad" for lunch.

Going to roast some sweet potatoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Homemade soda bread and marmalade for breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Don’t boil off the alcohol in it :o

Sh1t. Maybe that's why it was so easy to drink!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Just polished off a bowl of porridge with peanut butter and a few sliced strawberries on the side. I am in flavour country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Pac1Man wrote: »
    I thought so too but I feel it's fancier than a €9.50 bottle of red thrown in the microwave.

I'm gonna try it in a saucepan, maybe with a sprinkle of ginger & cinnamon.

Ohh happy days sipping that in a tiny old bar in Gdansk, people watching out the window in the depths of winter.

Breville with turkey, cheese and lots of red onion with tea.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Just polished off a bowl of porridge with peanut butter and a few sliced strawberries on the side. I am in flavour country.

Just picked the lumps of white and green mould off the last of the bread and toasted it. So amI!!

( still no sign of death).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Might as well.
    Who else is keeping up with their new year's resolutions of clean living eh?

Breakfast will be hummous on toast again, and coffee.

I made tuna and white bean "salad" for lunch.

Going to roast some sweet potatoes.

I went shopping earlier for my aunt. She gave me roughly 0.5 Kg of frozen smoked salmon. Allowing it to thaw in the fridge. Hopefully be ready to have some of it tomorrow evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,075 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I have another steak in the fridge that has to be fried up tonight. Not sure what to have with it. Did a couple of homemade bugers in babs with chips for the other half of the crew earlier. Might do some mashed spuds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

A glass of cheap red on an empty stomach.

G'wan Pac1Man you mad bastard ye!

• Advertisement

I was going to wait for wine o clock but it's Friday and you have inspired me Pac1Man.

Craving a pizza all day, skipped lunch while working outside so it's an early dinner of frozen spinach and riccotta pizza with some turkey and 6 croquettes in the oven.

The mother in law likes her basic dinners and is not into anything frozen or spicy but I need my curries or a bit of junk food every now and again.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Hippykitten

Chocolate cake and coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭Archeron

An oven baked crispy chicken fajita with two spring rolls and a jammy donut.

Those chunky chips from Supervalu are feckin great out of the Airfryer! Served a bowl of them to the crew with Pizza. For newbies "the Crew" are wife and daughter hereafter referred to as Mrs G and Ms G.:D

More steak, mash, peas and gravy last night. Cheese and toast for the breakie today, followed by potato and leek soup with brown bread for lunch. Jaysus I'm longing for a Chinese takeaway. Got put off it due to the oul Covid-19, but so feckin tempted.

A few beers for now.

Skipped lunch again, too nice and peaceful outside.

Starving again though so had a lash off making a soda bread with crushed granola and sesame seeds added.

Just waiting for it to cool and it is going to be lathered with butter and handed out to all my fellow isolators here at home.

Dinner will be delayed, such are the times we are living in.

Stay safe folks.

Defrosted a really nice piece of Beef. Eye of the round. Still in a swithched off oven after 30 mins on 200 and 2 hours on 100. It will be melt in the mouth. Gonna have it with carrots, peas, mash and roasties. Gravy everywhere.:D

Sippin a beer as I'm usually having a pint in a pub at this time on Sundays. Even my short spell in London afforded me the same opportunity. Starting to miss it now.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Defrosted a really nice piece of Beef. Eye of the round. Still in a swithched off oven after 30 mins on 200 and 2 hours on 100. It will be melt in the mouth. Gonna have it with carrots, peas, mash and roasties. Gravy everywhere.:D

Sippin a beer as I'm usually having a pint in a pub at this time on Sundays. Even my short spell in London afforded me the same opportunity. Starting to miss it now.

Substitute chicken for the beef and we'll be having the same in two hours.

Can't bate a proper home made Sunday roast dinner.

Salmon, garlic and mashed spuds,mixed veg,it was nice but the salmon was a little dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Hippykitten

Very disappointed to report that it's only Monday and Hippykitten is already having chocolate cake & coffee

Very disappointed to report that it's only Monday and Hippykitten is already having chocolate cake & coffee

Hold your head high, I had a glass of prosecco with my rasher and cheese sandwich this morning.

Strange times we are living in.

• Advertisement

Wife has fully supported my couldn't care less attitude to this last Monday of March.

She has just cooked me a thin and crispy meatsa pizza with extra meat and extra cheese and poured me a lovely pint of cold Guinness, knowing it won't be the last one.

She'll be kept.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 784 ✭✭✭LaFuton

just mashed an avocado in a bowl, ground black pepper, bita cayenne and pinch a salt
    slabbed it onto pretoasted bread with chopped sundried tomatoes and wee biteen of finely grated cheese
    under the grill
    fcukin delish man
    havin a bottle of Heineken and a fag now to celebrate

LaFuton wrote: »
    just mashed an avocado in a bowl, ground black pepper, bita cayenne and pinch a salt
    slabbed it onto pretoasted bread with chopped sundried tomatoes and wee biteen of finely grated cheese
    under the grill
    fcukin delish man
    havin a bottle of Heineken and a fag now to celebrate

Out!

Get out!

?

Hold your head high, I had a glass of prosecco with my rasher and cheese sandwich this morning.

Strange times we are living in.
    Wife has fully supported my couldn't care less attitude to this last Monday of March.

She has just cooked me a thin and crispy meatsa pizza with extra meat and extra cheese and poured me a lovely pint of cold Guinness, knowing it won't be the last one.

She'll be kept.

I like your style!

20 mins to lift off for my beer. Very strange times indeed.

Chicken curry tonight with extra scotch bonnet chillis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭bonny!

What do avocados taste like? I know they're good for you but it's one thing I've never tried.

Ordering a pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,822 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Lasagne and garlic bread , perfect !

bonny! wrote: »
    What do avocados taste like? I know they're good for you but it's one thing I've never tried.

Ordering a pizza.

they kinda like creamy lettuce, very faint green taste
    need the bit of black pepper and/or spice or squeeze of lemon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭bonny!

LaFuton wrote: »
    they kinda like creamy lettuce, very faint green taste
    need the bit of black pepper and/or spice or squeeze of lemon

Mmmmmmm lettuce, only joking :D I assume it's liked mainly for the texture and subtle taste. I might pick one up the next time I'm in the shop and try out one of your toasties.

• Advertisement

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Lasagne and garlic bread , perfect !

But you made yours Mam!! I have one from Mulhalls in the freezer. Its a decent one.

Advertisement