Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dialing a freephone number

• 25-03-2020 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Like most people I've been working from home for the past week or so. Been dialing into meetings, but it's costing me an arm and a leg. Today a freephone number was sent out. 1800xxxxxx. It's working for everyone except me.

I'm from the North (and moved to the south last year) so not sure if I'm missing something when I'm dialing. I'm with 3 Ireland.

When I dial it, it says this number can't be found. I've tried sticking zeros in front etc

Help an eejit out :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭bigar

Perhaps add +353, the Irish national dial code. This sometimes solves problems with local numbers for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

Adding a +353 won't work in this case. Either it recognises the 1800 or it doesn't.

Op, where is your account registered? If you are with 3 UK, then 1800 numbers (or any of these types of specific Irish numbers) won't work. They only work from Irish telephone providers. The same way British 0800 numbers don't work for people with Irish phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,233 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Where are you when you make the phone call?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,091 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Victor wrote: »
    Where are you when you make the phone call?

Sitting on the toilet

Advertisement