Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Greatest Movie Sequel

• 08-01-2021 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭

Bad-Sequel-collage.jpg?w=980&q=75

A new year means new tournaments. Welcome to Boardsies greatest movie sequel.

Rarely are movie sequels better than the original, but there many great sequels. Let's find which is the greatest as decided by Boardsies.

Please PM me 10 movies

Please only pick movies which are sequels rather than remakes or reboots. Does not need to be a direct sequel to the original, can be any part in the movie series.
    Movie series like James Bond I will not include as they are not really sequels. I will judge each entry separately.

...To be continued

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Kolido wrote:
    Please PM me 10 movies

Done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Great idea for a tournament! I’ll get mine in now. It will be interesting to see which movie Terminator 2 beats in the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Only one pops into my head straight away because I love the movie. When have they to be in by?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Omackeral wrote: »
    Great idea for a tournament! I’ll get mine in now. It will be interesting to see which movie Terminator 2 beats in the final.
    Interesting to see which of these, you mean...

EWQEJ9NUYAEhidq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Touché :)

• Advertisement

Was it Sharknado that an Irish 'celeb' was in one of them? One of the boyzone boys I think??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Only one pops into my head straight away because I love the movie. When have they to be in by?

I hope to get a min 128 movies so I'd say loads of time to think about nominations.

I have also another contest to get around to running so no rush.

3 people have sent noms so far with a few duplicates.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Was it Sharknado that an Irish 'celeb' was in one of them? One of the boyzone boys I think??

Jedward were very briefly in one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Kolido wrote: »
    I hope to get a min 128 movies so I'd say loads of time to think about nominations.

I have also another contest to get around to running so no rush.

3 people have sent noms so far with a few duplicates.

Sounds like declaring the Lion King 2 to be the winner will suit everyone.

McGaggs wrote: »
    Sounds like declaring the Lion King 2 to be the winner will suit everyone.

Well I've never even seen the first one, so I couldn't say how good or bad either are. But I'll settle for The Empire Strikes Back as an acceptable compromise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

ah, awesome Kolido!!!
    I will go through my lists and send you some films!!

Zaph wrote: »
    Jedward were very briefly in one of them.

I was sure it was Sharknado that I seen a clip of someone, I thought it might have been Keith Duffy maybe (couldnt think of his name earlier) getting eaten:D

It might have not been real though. They wouldn't be the type of movie I could have on even in the background lol

Well I've never even seen the first one
    tenor.gif?itemid=3464511

I was sure it was Sharknado that I seen a clip of someone, I thought it might have been Keith Duffy maybe (couldnt think of his name earlier) getting eaten:D

It might have not been real though. They wouldn't be the type of movie I could have on even in the background lol

According to his imdb page, he is in this movie :D

61n5k-wUDTL._SY445_.jpg

tenor.gif?itemid=3464511

I was in my late 20s when it was released so it was never part of my childhood, I don't have kids and, most importantly, I hate Disney films.

:D:D ah maybe it was that so.

Soiler alert, he gets eaten! :D

Kolido wrote: »
    According to his imdb page, he is in this movie :D

61n5k-wUDTL._SY445_.jpg

How is this the first time I'm hearing about this film?

How is this the first time I'm hearing about this film?

Because Keith Duffy is in it maybe :pac:

I was in my late 20s when it was released so it was never part of my childhood, I don't have kids and, most importantly, I hate Disney films.

:eek: :confused::o

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Will get some noms in at some stage today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Never seen the Lion King. Got Disney+ for the kids last month. They don't like it, and I'm not impressed with the lineup. That reminds me, any Marvel movies that get nominated will hopefully be knocked out in the first round

Never seen the Lion King. Got Disney+ for the kids last month. They don't like it, and I'm not impressed with the lineup. That reminds me, any Marvel movies that get nominated will hopefully be knocked out in the first round

I like the Marvel movies, they're perfect popcorn for the brain, but I wouldn't actually nominate any of them for this. Going to sign up to Disney+ for a month myself so I can binge on The Mandalorian. Probably won't watch anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Will send in some noms later, i'll have to have a good think about what to nominate

I like the Marvel movies, they're perfect popcorn for the brain, but I wouldn't actually nominate any of them for this.

Same.

I've no space for them in my nominations anyway, especially since there were so many Leprechaun sequels... :pac:

64xQ8tMl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Anyone that mentions any Fast & The Furious film after Tokyo Drift is getting put on my ignore list. Have some self-respect.

Anyone that mentions any Fast & The Furious film after Tokyo Drift is getting put on my ignore list. Have some self-respect.
    FYP ;)

Slight tangent, but in case you didn't see, Disney are adding "Star" to Disney+ with grown up content. Was mostly old stuff I think, 24, Lost etc but maybe worth a quick Google.

I wasn't going to, but now I kind of want to do it...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Slight tangent, but in case you didn't see, Disney are adding "Star" to Disney+ with grown up content. Was mostly old stuff I think, 24, Lost etc but maybe worth a quick Google.

Yep indeedy do from end of Feb

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2021-01-07/star-disney-plus-shows-series/amp/

• Advertisement

Big fan of the series, rewatched them all last month. Part 2 and Tokyo Drift are the worst offenders, the other 6 are awesome.

Advertisement