Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

and today I bought...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

A girl I know runs mollys.ie, might be worth a look? Last time I was in their shop (a few years back admittedly!) they had some nice stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

picked this up in penneys for €4 on Sunday, it's says head elf on the back and has a little hood! sure isn't he only delighted looking?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

He really looks like he's trying out a high fashion pose. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

He really looks like he's trying out a high fashion pose. :D

he's my canine supermodel! I'm sure I'll find more Xmas outfits to add to his wardrobe this year! I need to get those scarves for the cats too, they'll simply adore them, haha! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I got a lovely tree skirt for 8 euro in Penneys, it was marked as 10, always nice to have to spend less. I also got a huge fleece throw, black, white and red reindeers and snowflakes for 18 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

Princess Peach where did you get your little owl guy? its so cute

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Anyone got any good places or websites to get cute dog stuff? Like hats, jumpers, blankets and stuff to keep them warm?
    Sorry if that is slightly off topic.

Theres loads of coats and hats for animals in dealz..wont break the bank either

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

applesock wrote: »

I got it in TK maxx Stephens green, it was the only one there but there were only starting to put out Christmas stuff so check any TK maxx near you. They often have the same stuff in all the shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

I got a lovely tree skirt for 8 euro in Penneys, it was marked as 10, always nice to have to spend less. I also got a huge fleece throw, black, white and red reindeers and snowflakes for 18 euro.
    For some reason I thought you meant a skirt with trees on it, its just after clicking with me that you mean a skirt for the tree. :o

Anyway, yesterday I got myself some christmassy slippers in penneys, also got myself a pair of pyjamas that says 'i love cuddles', they are so cosy and fleecy and soft and lovely.

I also pyjamas and fluffy socks for my boyfriends sister, just one more thing to get her and she is all sorted then.

BF also going to order me an eye cream for Christmas this evening I think. Might get myself some new MAC make up too as a treat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭shuffles88

I've just bought this: http://www.dunnesstores.com/reindeer-candle-holder//dunnesstores/fcp-product/7708396?colour=silver

I'd seen a similar one on m&s.ie and loved it until I realised they were selling it for €215 :eek:. I'd love two, one for either end of my mantelpiece but €60 is a bit out of my budget so I'll have to live with just 1 :)

I also got this Christmas jumper for my dog http://ie.nextdirect.com/en/g493626s7 which is sad because I don't even buy my own clothes from next!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭irishbarb

Finally started my Christmas shopping the other day. I got myself a Christmas jumper in Penneys and a pair of red skinny jeans to go with it. I don't have much money this year, and I've five brothers and sisters so for the younger ones I'm just doing little hampers so got them reindeer socks to start in Penneys. Also got some candy canes for hot chocolate and baking. Can't wait to buy more :P

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭cailinardthair

applesock wrote: »
    I saw them in the TK Maxx in Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ae86chic

Santa has nearly finished his duties :)

And then bits to cheer me up

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Well I'm happy, just ordered the kids selection boxes, (not being in Ireland can't just pop down to dunnes :( )

Also ordered the obligitory tin of roses, cos it's the law you have to have Roses as Christmas. All I have to find now is a box of tayto and biscuits and I'm sorted... (beginning shopping in January for Christmas tends to have the kids covered :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭poppet84

Love these!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Posy wrote: »
    I bought Santa Claus salt and pepper shakers a couple of days ago. Will post a pic later. :)
    lcXLuWK.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

WANT!!!

Where did you get them Posy?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 dublintweety

AE86chic where did you get that little robin it is gorgeous?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Bought my christmas tree

b01xd909500whuge.jpg

and

d16zt22050whuge.jpg

f01sg515500shuge.jpg

Following a bit of a red and white theme this year as I don't really like the multi-coloured decorations so I bought

51xTGyhHNqL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

61dro3rQrJL._SX385_.jpg

and just some run of the mill red baubles, white baubles and green baubles.

I tend to buy the regular items like the baubles online and then I go into the various shops, woodies, dunnes, heatons etc. and pick up the individual decorations and some "keepers" to remember every year by.

Also I finally got going on Christmas shopping :) I got all the little stocking fillers that I needed so all I have left to get is my husband's main present which is going to be one of those gaming chairs, make up for my sister and a gift card for her husband, I'll be getting those when I'm in Dublin in two weeks' time.

Excited!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Loughc wrote: »
    WANT!!!

Where did you get them Posy?
    I got them at the Ideal Homes show in the RDS, but I'd assume you'd find them elsewhere! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Posy wrote: »
    I got them at the Ideal Homes show in the RDS, but I'd assume you'd find them elsewhere! :)

I have the matching napkin rings for those :eek:
    If it's any help I'll look in the shop I bought them in for you, Lockie.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

washiskin wrote: »
    I have the matching napkin rings for those :eek:
    If it's any help I'll look in the shop I bought them in for you, Lockie.

If you can that would be great! I'd love to get 2 sets of them one for me and one for my Mam she'd love them!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

The Santa is lovely but a bit too English looking for me :( I love red one :)
    I bought some mince pies in Dealz, 2 for 3 euro and some chocolate tree Decoration!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Made use of the 20% M&S discount FRIENDSNOV to buy a gift for a family member.

But more importantly I bought an awesome singing/lighty up straw in Homestore and More.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

Got some great deals on presents in Homestore & More - lots of yankee candles gift sets for 1/2 price. Delighted that i got a bargain :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Almost finished all my shopping. Yay!

Bought some bits for a friend today, hope the last few bits arrive from eBay in time for Xmas :)

Going to wrap my boyfriends sisters present tomorrow, can't wait to have everything wrapped up :D

Waiting on my bf to decide what he wants exactly so hopefully he'll let me know by tomorrow :D

Mother's decided she wants a voucher for Wallis, so I'll get that, along with my granny's present on Xmas week!

Also got my cinnamon stick candle from homestore and more today. Its such a gorgeous, warming, homely scent. I love it. Thinking of ordering another one as I got this one so cheaply :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Got the 19yr old (yes 19,she is christmas mad,don't know where she got it :) )
    her tablet,got the 17 yr old his Psvita & got the 3 & a half yr old his rocking horse so that's their main "santa" pressies sorted thankfully

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Most stuff is wrapped but waiting on a few things in the post. Socket newly installed in the porch so we can have 2 trees. Christmas pyjamas are bought. Mince meat maturing, full size puddings maturing, 2 mini puddings cooling and 2 still on the hob.

Left to do: check the tree lights are working (today), make cranberry sauce (tomorrow), print a picture, wrap about 4 more presents, decorate trees (tomorrow) and put up other decorations, eat the remaining advent calendar sweets (one per day), cook & glaze ham (Christmas Eve), defend ham from Christmas Eve munchers, make the trifle, unwrap presents (CHRISTMAS!!), consume anything edible that arrived in stocking immediately :D and then cook the dinner. Roll around over stuffed and mildly nauseated, then make the sandwiches as soon as the nausea passes. Wash down with scalding tea and cake and pudding. Done!

Advertisement